ENSWORTH OR MARYVILLE

Vols1234

Its not that Maryville didn't want to play Ensworth at their place, they had already set up a deal with Webb, Alcoa and supposedly Ensworth until Ensworth backed out because they didn't want a 2 away games even tho it would have been against Maryville this year and Alcoa Next year. They would have been given 3,500 for travel expenses also (Though Ensworth wouldn't need it). Just don't try to say Maryville didn't try to play you :thumb:

Thank you Swipes my point exactly . This is always the time of year ( IMAGINARY FOOTBALL LEAGUE) that we get to hear who all would of drilled Maryville ... I'm used to that , I just don't think Maryville should have to concede a game in the IFL to a team who had a chance to play for real . It's obvious that some who have a definite " BIAS" for DII schools are now wanting to claim their State Champion as top dog ... even if that Champion did get it handed to them earlier in the year 42-14 ... Notice I still have not said Maryville would beat Ensworth .

Eye agree wif that staitmint....Do ewe haiv tha munny two maik hit happun??...... :popcorneater:

For a home and away contest 2 years or even just away for a one game deal? Does Maryville have the money?

Yes, of course. Are you kidding? I believe it would get televised nationally with ease. Two top 10 teams nationally meeting. Maryville has the support, money will come. I am sure Nike would be a major sponsor.

Again, Ensworth was working on deal with MUS as well.

And Again Realtruth ... I have no problem with that , but then no one from Ensworth should go claiming any victories over a team they could of played . I can't imagine if the situation were reversed and Maryville had opted out of a game with Ensworth , then got drilled 42-14 during the season and Ensworth go undefeated , then for me to still have the nerve to claim Maryville as the better team after both won Championships ...WOW , why is that so hard to understand guys ?

And Again Realtruth ... I have no problem with that , but then no one from Ensworth should go claiming any victories over a team they could of played . I can't imagine if the situation were reversed and Maryville had opted out of a game with Ensworth , then got drilled 42-14 during the season and Ensworth go undefeated , then for me to still have the nerve to claim Maryville as the better team after both won Championships ...WOW , why is that so hard to understand guys ?

Not sure why some people do that. I agree with you. I do believe it would have been a good game and either team could win.

I would like to see some different matchups and see how good TN football is. Top programs, public vs. private, out-of-state competition...

No , unlike others , I didn't say Maryville would win , I did give an opinion that I thought DII was a little down this year ... unlike others who always claim victory against Maryville , I didn't say anything about Maryville running the table , that would be you putting words in my mouth .

I would agree that Div II wasn't as strong as it usually is. The only team this year that I think would be competitive with Maryville would be Ensworth. It's a game I'd love to see. No idea how it would come out. I think EHS has a lot of very good atheltes, and is very well coached. I know less about Maryville's athletes, but I was very impressed with how steady they were in the state championship. They're clearly well-coached and well-disciplined. Ensworth has the occasional slow start or off-night, and on at least one occasion has squandered a massive lead. Any of those things would be deadly against Maryville, IMO. Again, I've only seen Maryville once, but it appears to me that they make you pay handsomely for your mistakes.

I'd pay a few dollars to see it, and would even drive across town to see the game.

Not sure why some people do that. I agree with you. I do believe it would have been a good game and either team could win.

I would like to see some different matchups and see how good TN football is. Top programs, public vs. private, out-of-state competition...

Maybe after this year Maryville and Alcoa can once again invite some of the big name Privates , we would like to see it just as much as everybody else .

Maybe that just means Maryville would have gotten beat by two D2 teams. By far the best football in Tn. Don't beleive it, check the D2 vs. D1 scores in head to head competItion from over the years. I don't blame Ensworth for not traveling to Blount county twice. If the game was to be two years in Nashville I wouldn't think Maryville and Alcoa would lose gate money (much more than $3500) to travel either. Try home and home and I bet you get Bowers to accept .