ENSWORTH OR MARYVILLE

Vols1234

I would agree that Div II wasn't as strong as it usually is. The only team this year that I think would be competitive with Maryville would be Ensworth. It's a game I'd love to see. No idea how it would come out. I think EHS has a lot of very good atheltes, and is very well coached. I know less about Maryville's athletes, but I was very impressed with how steady they were in the state championship. They're clearly well-coached and well-disciplined. Ensworth has the occasional slow start or off-night, and on at least one occasion has squandered a massive lead. Any of those things would be deadly against Maryville, IMO. Again, I've only seen Maryville once, but it appears to me that they make you pay handsomely for your mistakes.

I'd pay a few dollars to see it, and would even drive across town to see the game.

Well said.I'd drive across half the state to see it.

Edited by plumb69

I am a junior and play football at Webb. We played both teams this year and I have a lot of respect for coach quarles. I would never count Maryville out of any game, but I do not think they would beat Ensworth if both teams played the way they played against us. We talked about both games and most of us thought Ensworth would beat Maryville this year if they played. Ensworth had better athletes but the game would be a good one I think. Both teams kicked our butts but head to head I dont think Maryville has played a team like Ensworth this year.

I am a junior and play football at Webb. We played both teams this year and I have a lot of respect for coach quarles. I would never count Maryville out of any game, but I do not think they would beat Ensworth if both teams played the way they played against us. We talked about both games and most of us thought Ensworth would beat Maryville this year if they played. Ensworth had better athletes but the game would be a good one I think. Both teams kicked our butts but head to head I dont think Maryville has played a team like Ensworth this year.

Yeah they said that about Whitehaven too and Maryville handled them pretty well. The match up won't happen for a few years but itll be a good one if it happens.

My dad and I went to the state championship games both private and public and I would not put whitehaven in the same league as Ensworth or Maryville. It was a good game until the 4th quarter and we didnt know who would win but whitehaven looked like a train wreck waiting to happen. So we were glad to see Maryville win that one. I was just making a comment based on the two teams that I played and what the other players who play with me were saying about both teams. I would like to see that matchup when both teams are good like this year.

Yeah they said that about Whitehaven too and Maryville handled them pretty well. The match up won't happen for a few years but itll be a good one if it happens.

Maryville played very vanilla against you all , the Alcoa coaches were sitting in the stands watching the game , I would of thought you guys realized that . No disrespect intended , but Maryville had bigger fish to fry the next week . Whitehaven would destroy Webb ... Oops I went and joined the imaginary league , lol

I have read through this thread. Maryville is a good football team. Well coached and consistently a class program but you guys remind me of a mid major who play a soft schedule (except Alcoa) and then go on to win a bowl game albeit versus a tough team. I played football at MUS ( memphis university school ) on our two undefeated teams in 08,09. We scrimage Whitehaven every year and they always have good athletes who go full speed and hit hard. Its just a scrimage but we know that team very well. This years whitehaven team was the best I have seen in 10 years. They came out and played great for the first half of the scrimage and then MUS got going. What you guys can not understand it seems is the level of competition year in and year out that MUS, Ensworth, BA and MBA plays is off the charts. Go through a D2 like schedule for the year undefeated and lets talk about how good you are. Its like the SEC of high school ball in TN. Not only do we at MUS play in the toughest league but we play the best public school teams we can find who will play us. South Panola and Olive Branch were both undefeated and ranked top 10 when we beat both teams.

MUS even with a down year this year would have beat every public school team in Memphis, even Whitehaven. Whitehaven played Memphis Central and beat them 33-7, MUS beat them 38-0. Whitehaven played Memphis East and beat them 20-7, MUS beat them 41-0. As much as I hate Ensworth they beat MUS 28-0 and to be honest the score should have been 40-0. To put it in perspective for you the Hillsboro team you lost to for the state championship in 4a. They were beat that year by MBA and MUS throttled MBA 35-7 that year.

There are public school teams that can compete with the D2 schools in a given year. Maryville is one of them. Alcoa has had a few teams that could as well. Riverdale, Whitehaven, Whitestation, Siegel, Oakland...few others, but what miffed me was when a few of you give the one loss as a reason for Maryville winning. That is a complete joke if you know how darn next to impossible it is to play a schedule where you play 3 or 4 or 5 teams each year that are at times all ranked in the top 50 nationally. And them you go and schedule two public school teams that are ranked in the top 20 nationally....

Maryville played very vanilla against you all , the Alcoa coaches were sitting in the stands watching the game , I would of thought you guys realized that . No disrespect intended , but Maryville had bigger fish to fry the next week . Whitehaven would destroy Webb ... Oops I went and joined the imaginary league , lol

Good post and welcome to coachT. Good luck to your Spartans next season.

Whatever schemes Maryville ran you still saw the athletes up close.

I have read through this thread. Maryville is a good football team. Well coached and consistently a class program but you guys remind me of a mid major who play a soft schedule (except Alcoa) and then go on to win a bowl game albeit versus a tough team. I played football at MUS ( memphis university school ) on our two undefeated teams in 08,09. We scrimage Whitehaven every year and they always have good athletes who go full speed and hit hard. Its just a scrimage but we know that team very well. This years whitehaven team was the best I have seen in 10 years. They came out and played great for the first half of the scrimage and then MUS got going. What you guys can not understand it seems is the level of competition year in and year out that MUS, Ensworth, BA and MBA plays is off the charts. Go through a D2 like schedule for the year undefeated and lets talk about how good you are. Its like the SEC of high school ball in TN. Not only do we at MUS play in the toughest league but we play the best public school teams we can find who will play us. South Panola and Olive Branch were both undefeated and ranked top 10 when we beat both teams.

MUS even with a down year this year would have beat every public school team in Memphis, even Whitehaven. Whitehaven played Memphis Central and beat them 33-7, MUS beat them 38-0. Whitehaven played Memphis East and beat them 20-7, MUS beat them 41-0. As much as I hate Ensworth they beat MUS 28-0 and to be honest the score should have been 40-0. To put it in perspective for you the Hillsboro team you lost to for the state championship in 4a. They were beat that year by MBA and MUS throttled MBA 35-7 that year.

There are public school teams that can compete with the D2 schools in a given year. Maryville is one of them. Alcoa has had a few teams that could as well. Riverdale, Whitehaven, Whitestation, Siegel, Oakland...few others, but what miffed me was when a few of you give the one loss as a reason for Maryville winning. That is a complete joke if you know how darn next to impossible it is to play a schedule where you play 3 or 4 or 5 teams each year that are at times all ranked in the top 50 nationally. And them you go and schedule two public school teams that are ranked in the top 20 nationally....

Uhhhhh.. alcoach12....Ask #66 who plaid fer both teems (Mairvul and Mus) if'un Mairvul iz enny good...

Tha Mairvul teem inn '08 wuzn't one ov our bettur ones...Butt we's talkin bout '11....knott '08....

And cents yore rilly intwo nationally rainked teems...See hoo iz rainked highest frum Tinnersee....And lett me no who hit iz fer 2011... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Uhhhhh.. alcoach12....Ask #66 who plaid fer both teems (Mairvul and Mus) if'un Mairvul iz enny good...

Tha Mairvul teem inn '08 wuzn't one ov our bettur ones...Butt we's talkin bout '11....knott '08....

And cents yore rilly intwo nationally rainked teems...See hoo iz rainked highest frum Tinnersee....And lett me no who hit iz fer 2011... :popcorneater:

You got a laptop in the garbage truck?

You can't say "no disrespect intended" and then tell a kid who actually plays on the team that Maryville "had bigger fish to fry." I trust the opinion of a kid who played against both teams over some guy on a message board who cares just a LITTLE too much about a high school football team. Grow up buddy.

It's not hard to see why so many people dislike you on here.

Edited by bolddust281