ENSWORTH OR MARYVILLE

Vols1234

My point is not to take anything away from Maryville. You have a great program. My point is going 15-0 with Maryville's schedule is not = going 13-0 with the MUS schedule....and I just do not believe Maryville would beat Ensworth if they played this year. Your signature wins were against a Riverdale team without their starting quarterback and Whitehaven..a game that could have gone either way until the 4th quarter. Good wins but not like trucking through D2 with another win over a nine time state champion ranked 2nd in the nation at the time. I just get tired of hearing all the bragging on here. I think its great that you guys won so many titles in 4A and now have stepped it up in 6A, but you have not reached the top of football in Tennessee until you put together a schedule that earns it. Go schedule MUS when they are strong, go travel to Brentwood Academy in two years and beat them down. Go schedule Hoover, or South Panola or Buford in Ga and beat them down. How about schedule 3 of those types of teams in a year or 4????? thats exactly the caliper of team that comes out of D2 almost every year. As much as I hate to see Ensworth win two back to back state titles they would more than likely beat any public school in TN if on their A game by quite a few points. I dont think they were quite as good as the 08,09 owls but when they played MUS, Baylor and BA this year...those teams were all ranked in the top 5 in the state the day of the game and all were ranked top 100 nationally at the time. BA (26) Baylor (24) MUS (52). Riverdale (70), Whitehave (113).

Uhhhhh.. alcoach12....Ask #66 who plaid fer both teems (Mairvul and Mus) if'un Mairvul iz enny good...

Tha Mairvul teem inn '08 wuzn't one ov our bettur ones...Butt we's talkin bout '11....knott '08....

And cents yore rilly intwo nationally rainked teems...See hoo iz rainked highest frum Tinnersee....And lett me no who hit iz fer 2011... :popcorneater:

You can't say "no disrespect intended" and then tell a kid who actually plays on the team that Maryville "had bigger fish to fry." I trust the opinion of a kid who played against both teams over some guy on a message board who cares just a LITTLE too much about a high school football team. Grow up buddy.

It's not hard to see why so many people dislike you on here.

Have you ever noticed when people call you "buddy" on a message board, they really don't want to be your buddy? :popcorneater:

You can't say "no disrespect intended" and then tell a kid who actually plays on the team that Maryville "had bigger fish to fry." I trust the opinion of a kid who played against both teams over some guy on a message board who cares just a LITTLE too much about a high school football team. Grow up buddy.

It's not hard to see why so many people dislike you on here.

AWWW My feelings are so hurt , that was my goal here to be the most liked ... lol ... I think several , like you , don't like me because the team I pull for kicked your team's butt .

My point is not to take anything away from Maryville. You have a great program. My point is going 15-0 with Maryville's schedule is not = going 13-0 with the MUS schedule....and I just do not believe Maryville would beat Ensworth if they played this year. Your signature wins were against a Riverdale team without their starting quarterback and Whitehaven..a game that could have gone either way until the 4th quarter. Good wins but not like trucking through D2 with another win over a nine time state champion ranked 2nd in the nation at the time. I just get tired of hearing all the bragging on here. I think its great that you guys won so many titles in 4A and now have stepped it up in 6A, but you have not reached the top of football in Tennessee until you put together a schedule that earns it. Go schedule MUS when they are strong, go travel to Brentwood Academy in two years and beat them down. Go schedule Hoover, or South Panola or Buford in Ga and beat them down. How about schedule 3 of those types of teams in a year or 4????? thats exactly the caliper of team that comes out of D2 almost every year. As much as I hate to see Ensworth win two back to back state titles they would more than likely beat any public school in TN if on their A game by quite a few points. I dont think they were quite as good as the 08,09 owls but when they played MUS, Baylor and BA this year...those teams were all ranked in the top 5 in the state the day of the game and all were ranked top 100 nationally at the time. BA (26) Baylor (24) MUS (52). Riverdale (70), Whitehave (113).

cal·i·per/ˈkaləpər/

Noun:

An instrument for measuring external or internal dimensions, having two hinged legs resembling a pair of compasses and in-turned or...

An instrument performing a similar function but having one linear component sliding along another, with two parallel jaws.

I went to public schools 1-12 and then to a private university. I've often wondered the difference between going to a private school k-12 and then a public university as opposed to the path I took.

I believe the word you were looking for was caliber.

cal·i·ber/ˈkaləbər/

Noun:

The quality of someone's character or the level of someone's ability.

The standard reached by something.

Edited by Red Rebels

How dare a Maryville fan be proud of their team !! Don't we all realize the DII Monsters would crush us like the little bugs that we are !! Maryville would only come in 4th place in district 7AAA (7TH GREATEST DISTRICT OF ALL TIME ) , so DII must be even higher than 7th place all time , and our puny little Public school would be dragging up the rear !! lol :roflol:

I would expect nothing less from the mascot of the Maryville football team. Sure that rebel outfit makes you proud. My dad paying 20k a year for my education sure did not teach me how to use spell check...and it sure does nothing in my mind to make me believe that until Maryville plays a schedule worthy of all the praise you bestow on yourself they can compete with the big boys. Playing Heritage and Beardon and the list goes on and on and on and on...will never get you anywhere in convincing me that you would walk through d2. You just dont play anyone unless Alcoa is hot and maybe one other game during the year. Like I said...have Maryville play the teams I mentioned or schedule trinity in Ky, or Moeller in Cincinatti or go schedule Grayson in Ga or then come back and talk to me. Until then, I have respect for Maryville but in my mind unitl you schedule better competition and show me you can beat teams outside of your own county on a regular basis...then you are Boise State or Utah...

cal·i·per/ˈkaləpər/

Noun:

An instrument for measuring external or internal dimensions, having two hinged legs resembling a pair of compasses and in-turned or...

An instrument performing a similar function but having one linear component sliding along another, with two parallel jaws.

I went to public schools 1-12 and then to a private university. I've often wondered the difference between going to a private school k-12 and then a public university as opposed to the path I took.

I believe the word you were looking for was caliber.

cal·i·ber/ˈkaləbər/

Noun:

The quality of someone's character or the level of someone's ability.

The standard reached by something.

Agin ewe didun't ansur my qwestun abowt hoo iz rainked tha highest inn Tinnersee att tha end ov tha seesun....(cents ewe like two thro out these rainkin' numburrs)

And we tried two schedull Endswerth this yeer and two emproov our schedull and maik us werthy inn yore I's and thay didun't wont two....

Allsew Mairvul iz 2-0 agin Brintwould Acadimmy.... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

I would expect nothing less from the mascot of the Maryville football team. Sure that rebel outfit makes you proud. My dad paying 20k a year for my education sure did not teach me how to use spell check...and it sure does nothing in my mind to make me believe that until Maryville plays a schedule worthy of all the praise you bestow on yourself they can compete with the big boys. Playing Heritage and Beardon and the list goes on and on and on and on...will never get you anywhere in convincing me that you would walk through d2. You just dont play anyone unless Alcoa is hot and maybe one other game during the year. Like I said...have Maryville play the teams I mentioned or schedule trinity in Ky, or Moeller in Cincinatti or go schedule Grayson in Ga or then come back and talk to me. Until then, I have respect for Maryville but in my mind unitl you schedule better competition and show me you can beat teams outside of your own county on a regular basis...then you are Boise State or Utah...

Maybe you should ask your Daddy why these Awesome DII schools you speak of couldn't take Maryville up on their offer to play a REAL game ? Maybe with your Daddy bought 20k a year education , you can educate us why they turned us down ?

Sum fellers haiv got rich diddies...Eye ain't.....

Ennyhoo....Mairvul iz rainked highust inn all tha compootur poles and evur othur pole eye've seed....Butt two alcoach12 and tha othur rich peepull hoo look down on those that ain't got diddy's wif lots ov munny two pay thair way intwo skool and iz jellus....Well...

Pryvitt skools = Alice Cooper

Mairvul and publix = Wayne and Garth...... :popcorneater:

Eye thot hit wuz "callypurr"....??....... :unsure:

I am not just talkings about D2. Schedule ANYONE!!!! Brentwood Academy and MBA both played Trinity home and home. We have a similar agreement with the top public MISS and Ala schools....just play someone. I realize you can not help what district you are in and you have a good rivalry with Alcoa but who else do you play? These 15-0 records look good to the eye test but who do you play? this year if you played...Trinity's schedule you lose 4 maybe 5 games....If you play in D2 every year you would regularly lose games. If D2 was all shoved into 6A, I would think Ensworth, MBA and MUS would have won 6 or 7 of the last 10 state championships.

Maybe you should ask your Daddy why these Awesome DII schools you speak of couldn't take Maryville up on their offer to play a REAL game ? Maybe with your Daddy bought 20k a year education , you can educate us why they turned us down ?