District 12A

wildcatalumni

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2011-2012 District 12a title?

If Perry Co. doesn't stop throwin up 24 footers and not driving or giving it in to Gilboy or Tucker and cut then they will have alot of games like they did Monday night at Riverside...yes Riverside hit EVERYTHING they threw up...and that HeHe guy i bet only missed 1 shot all game and that was the last second shot at the end of regulation...and yes we were down 45-27 with about 7:28 left in the 3rd and we went on a 14-2 run and it was 47-41 because they finally stepped up on Defense and went to the basket and they made CLUTCH!! free throws at the end of the game, especially from Hill and Tucker and had a few from Dill and Gilboy...hopefully they can play ALOT like they did in the second half of the Riverside game the next 3 games: 15th:@ Hickman Co....16th: vs. Creek Wood....20th: @ Waverly before the Christmas break.

Edited by SportsFan70

If Perry Co. doesn't stop throwin up 24 footers and not driving or giving it in to Gilboy or Tucker and cut then they will have alot of games like they did Monday night at Riverside...yes Riverside hit EVERYTHING they threw up...and that HeHe guy i bet only missed 1 shot all game and that was the last second shot at the end of regulation...and yes we were down 45-27 with about 7:28 left in the 3rd and we went on a 14-2 run and it was 47-41 because they finally stepped up on Defense and went to the basket and they made CLUTCH!! free throws at the end of the game, especially from Hill and Tucker and had a few from Dill and Gilboy...hopefully they can play ALOT like they did in the second half of the Riverside game the next 3 games: 15th:@ Hickman Co....16th: vs. Creek Wood....20th: @ Waverly before the Christmas break.

Thank you coach Hinson.

Edited by miker

Perry Co. Vikings

Overall-(9-2) District-(1-1) Home-(4-0) Away-(5-2)

Perry Co.-63 @ Jackson Christian-54

Perry Co.-34 @ Hardin Co.-37

Perry Co.-60 @ Lewis Co.-45

Waverly-43 @ Perry Co.-50

Perry Co.-65 @ Creek Wood-62

Riverside-45 @ Perry Co.-64

Perry Co.-46 @ Summertown-49

Collinwood-40@ Perry Co.-63

Perry Co.-68 @ Riverside-65(OT)

Perry Co.-71 @ Hickman Co.-49

Creek Wood-57@ Perry Co.-72

avg. ppg.-60

avg. opp ppg.-50

Not if you switch at the level of the screen and don't allow gaps to slip....Willard teaches this well.

Willard is a very good coach. I was glad we got him cause I was worried after Franks left but I think these WC boys can make a deep run (unless A. Rice and P. Mathis' hands start cramping up from holdin up those state champions rings.....lol)!!!!

• Upvote 1

Willard is a very good coach. I was glad we got him cause I was worried after Franks left but I think these WC boys can make a deep run (unless A. Rice and P. Mathis' hands start cramping up from holdin up those state champions rings.....lol)!!!!

bad thing is thats football...yall don't have the weight of the world on you like Perry Co. does...hmmm lets see 6 State Championship Rings...30 tournament appearances...can't even count how many District and Region Championships we won since 1925 when we first had a team...so yeah don't worry about 1 Ring (when its not basketball related) when our guys play for the legacy of those 6 Banners and all the history of Perry County High School Basketball...

bad thing is thats football...yall don't have the weight of the world on you like Perry Co. does...hmmm lets see 6 State Championship Rings...30 tournament appearances...can't even count how many District and Region Championships we won since 1925 when we first had a team...so yeah don't worry about 1 Ring (when its not basketball related) when our guys play for the legacy of those 6 Banners and all the history of Perry County High School Basketball...

You do know that all of those old players are gone now, right? Those old rings and banners do not mean a thing for this season. Congrats on the past teams but what counts is now. The old rings don't count for this year but Austin & Peyton's ring does because they are still playing and can make a difference this year.

When was the last time y'all won a state title? Like in '97? Your right though it doesn't have anything to do with BBall but we do have 2 of the best players off the football team playing and they some ballers that made S'town look bad on D. Also, since 2001 Wayne Co. has been to the state tournament 3 times to PC's 2.

• Upvote 1

When was the last time y'all won a state title? Like in '97? Your right though it doesn't have anything to do with BBall but we do have 2 of the best players off the football team playing and they some ballers that made S'town look bad on D. Also, since 2001 Wayne Co. has been to the state tournament 3 times to PC's 2.

Well it will be 3-3 after this year.

You do know that all of those old players are gone now, right? Those old rings and banners do not mean a thing for this season. Congrats on the past teams but what counts is now. The old rings don't count for this year but Austin & Peyton's ring does because they are still playing and can make a difference this year.

that doesn't matter...the whole community is looking up to these boys because this is what we do on tuesday and friday nights is come out and support one (if not the best)progams in the state of Tennessee...yes those rings and trophys and Championship banners(which i think we're the only school that only does state championship game banners..) mean nothing...but when your expected to be great year in and year out its pretty tough...

that doesn't matter...the whole community is looking up to these boys because this is what we do on tuesday and friday nights is come out and support one (if not the best)progams in the state of Tennessee...yes those rings and trophys and Championship banners(which i think we're the only school that only does state championship game banners..) mean nothing...but when your expected to be great year in and year out its pretty tough...

I think that tradition is a great thing. When kids are small and go to the games and later on want to play for their school that's what it is about. Having a great program and each year adding something to that is awesome but last years banners or a 10 year old championship does not count for this years team (no points for that). Perry County has a great history in basketball and have had really good teams and that does not mean that this years team will be one of those teams. They do however have the potential to be one of those teams.