District 12A

wildcatalumni

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2011-2012 District 12a title?

Well best of Luck on that, maybe Coach Haston will leave the starters in put up 100 on yall like they did in 97'.

Ha that wouldn't happen with this WC team w/o somebody gettin a leg broke. Too many competitive kids. Actually we're not giving the rings out tonight....just wanted to get a rise out of you and mr hinson. :mrgreen:

The way the district standings are, how does the tournament look? I having a hard time recalling how it is set up...is it 1 and 2 get first round by and the other 4 play? If so, currently it would look like this:

FIRST ROUND

Loretto v Clifton

WC v Cwood

SECOND ROUND

Perry County v Loretto/Clifton winner

Summertown v WC/Cwood winner

It is going to be hard to envision a region tournament without one of WC or Cwood, as one would be eliminated first night!!!!! Thats insane!!!! Am I correct on this set up???????

Keep in mind this is only a question....

Edited by Vandychris

The way the district standings are, how does the tournament look? I having a hard time recalling how it is set up...is it 1 and 2 get first round by and the other 4 play? If so, currently it would look like this:

FIRST ROUND

Loretto v Clifton

WC v Cwood

SECOND ROUND

Perry County v Loretto/Clifton winner

Summertown v WC/Cwood winner

It is going to be hard to envision a region tournament without one of WC or Cwood, as one would be eliminated first night!!!!! Thats insane!!!! Am I correct on this set up???????

Keep in mind this is only a question....

No your wrong.

1st Round(Which I assume will be play in games to be in the Tourney, and I figure will be played at the higher seed)

Cwood will play Frank Hughes.

Wayne Co will play Loretto.

2nd Round

Perry County vs Winner of Wayne County/Loretto.

Summertown vs Winner of Cwood/Frank Hughes.

Edited by theGURU

Vikings have all but sealed up a back to back to back District Championship after beating WC 50-35 tonight. Have what should be a simple game vs Frank Hughes Friday.

Mark it down: Perry Co. Back to Back to Back Regular Season Champs....Summertown (14-9, 6-3) lost a heart breaker at Loretto (8-12, 4-5) 80-71...Collinwood (15-9, 5-4) beat Clifton (1-21, 0-9) 90-61...and like Guru said Perry Co. (20-3, 8-1) went to Waynesboro and beat Wayne Co. (10-12, 4-5) 50-35 in a very emotional and hard fought game...There are some big games on Friday with 2nd place up for grabs with Collinwood traveling to The Barn to play Summertown. And 4th place up for grabs as well with Loretto heading to Wayne Co.

Perry Co. (20-3, 8-1) @ Clifton (1-21, 0-9)

Loretto (8-12, 4-5) @ Wayne Co. (10-12, 4-5)

Collinwood (15-9, 5-4) @ Summertown (14-9, 6-3)

Edited by SportsFan70

I think Stown has a lock on second even if they lose. It will go to tie breakers that start at head 2 head which they will split if Cwood wins, then it will go to play vs high seed where Stown will have a win and Cwood won't.

WC still has a very good chance at 3rd. All they need to do is win at home Friday against Loretto (which they came close to doing at Loretto w/o Peyton Mathis, and Cwood needs to lose at Stown which is very likely to happen. WC/Cwood split during the year, but Wboro beat the higher seed Stown and Cwood wouldn't have done so if they lose Friday.

WC still has a very good chance at 3rd. All they need to do is win at home Friday against Loretto (which they came close to doing at Loretto w/o Peyton Mathis, and Cwood needs to lose at Stown which is very likely to happen. WC/Cwood split during the year, but Wboro beat the higher seed Stown and Cwood wouldn't have done so if they lose Friday.

I actually think Cwood will win that game Friday.

Im with Guru on this one...you have to look at what Stown has a pattern of doing this year which is split city or losing in the return game (pc, lchs, sh, loretto, cully)...the only teams they have been able to sweep have been clifton and forrest and Cwood is much better than both of those...and going a step farther, I can see the Eagles on a bad skid entering the tourney with mp and richland left...thats very likely 4 game skid to end the season and doesnt bode well for districts

Its possible yes, but Stown at home will be hard for Cwood to handle. I think Stown's size down low will cause a lot of problems for Cwood. I say Stown by 6.

I don't see any team from this district advancing very far except Perry County. Every team seems so up and down. Wayne County looked it's best the first week that the football players came on board. They have not looked very good since. They won 3 games that week that included S'town's first loss. Perry County is by far the best team that I have seen play this year but I have not seen anyone outside of WC's schedule.

Edited by WCHSGRAD

Im with Guru on this one...you have to look at what Stown has a pattern of doing this year which is split city or losing in the return game (pc, lchs, sh, loretto, cully)...the only teams they have been able to sweep have been clifton and forrest and Cwood is much better than both of those...and going a step farther, I can see the Eagles on a bad skid entering the tourney with mp and richland left...thats very likely 4 game skid to end the season and doesnt bode well for districts

I'm also with Guru. I believe it will be a vet good game but I think Cwood will pull it out in the end.