District 12A

wildcatalumni

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2011-2012 District 12a title?

Would have rather been watching punkin chunkin than that style of ball. But in Trotter's defense, that's the only way he could have stayed withing 20. Sorry for Craig Allen's injury. No one should have to go through that.

Finally somebody understands why a team may hold the ball. Perry puts up a lot of points. If they don't have the ball they can't score. I can't speak for Trotter but that's how I see it. I think it can help a team that may not be as good as the other, to keep the game close. Is it always a fun brand of basketball for the avg. fan to watch? No,but its about winning and if a coach feels that it helps their chances to win, then I say go for it. Does it always work? No! But I have seen some very good teams get beat by the weaker opponent because of this tactic. It can totally take the better team out of a rythm and frustrate them. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way!

Raise your hand if you think this would have been a 1 possession game at half and a 2 possession game at the end if Summertown plays a regular pace game?

I don't see many hands...

Summertown's plan of limiting possessions worked. Don't rip on a coach when his gameplan keeps a team in it until the final minute....especially when a team is without is 2nd leading scorer.

And who said PC coach was giving S'town a taste of their own medicine by holding the ball...heck that knucklehead was helping Trotter with his game plan.

Raise your hand if you think this would have been a 1 possession game at half and a 2 possession game at the end if Summertown plays a regular pace game?

I don't see many hands...

Summertown's plan of limiting possessions worked. Don't rip on a coach when his gameplan keeps a team in it until the final minute....especially when a team is without is 2nd leading scorer.

And who said PC coach was giving S'town a taste of their own medicine by holding the ball...heck that knucklehead was helping Trotter with his game plan.

hey genius if that knucklehead knows stown is gonna hold the ball like that then why not come out and hold it yourself??? If PC runs the floor this one would be ugly

hey genius if that knucklehead knows stown is gonna hold the ball like that then why not come out and hold it yourself??? If PC runs the floor this one would be ugly

Did you even think before you posted? Why would PC want to slow it down/hold the ball? That's exactly what Summertown wanted...your last sentence confirms this Einstein.

How in the heck did you find your way home tonight?

Edited by midtnblu

Did you even think before you posted? Why would PC want to slow it down/hold the ball? That's exactly what Summertown wanted...your last sentence confirms this Einstein.

How in the heck did you find your way home tonight?

wow how dumb can you get?? trotter slowed the game down cuz he wanted PC to run and shoot and hope they missed and then get the ball back and then they would run some clock off then make a shot then repeat the process...but with Kirk (aka. so called knucklehead??) holding the ball summertown couldn't do anything...trotters the "knucklehead in this category because he wanted to hold the ball when we were up by 4 points...obviously he's stupid for not knowing the score

Edited by SportsFan70

wow how dumb can you get?? trotter slowed the game down cuz he wanted PC to run and shoot and hope they missed and then get the ball back and then they would run some clock off then make a shot then repeat the process...but with Kirk (aka. so called knucklehead??) holding the ball summertown couldn't do anything...trotters the "knucklehead in this category because he wanted to hold the ball when we were up by 4 points...obviously he's stupid for not knowing the score

Wow...do you really think that was Trotter's plan? Make the other team shoot and miss, get the ball, run some clock, make a shot and repeat the process? You should write that plan down and patent it before Trotter does because I don't think anyone has thought of that before.

The point is...the fewer possessions in this game, the better chance Summertown had to win...simple as that. When PC held the ball it supported Summertown's plan of limiting possessions. When the ball was tossed up, Summertown was 1 possession away from taking the lead. When the game ended Summertown was 2 possessions from taking the lead. Not bad.

Wow...do you really think that was Trotter's plan? Make the other team shoot and miss, get the ball, run some clock, make a shot and repeat the process? You should write that plan down and patent it before Trotter does because I don't think anyone has thought of that before.

The point is...the fewer possessions in this game, the better chance Summertown had to win...simple as that. When PC held the ball it supported Summertown's plan of limiting possessions. When the ball was tossed up, Summertown was 1 possession away from taking the lead. When the game ended Summertown was 2 possessions from taking the lead. Not bad.

I see your point of view, but Stown is at a disadvantage no matter how they played. Only difference was how much they were going to lose by. By holding the ball the game looks like it was close, were in reality it wasn't. Stown had one player that could score, and at a slow pace or a fast pace his ability was limited. A single man scoring team will be very hard pressed to beat PC.

I see your point of view, but Stown is at a disadvantage no matter how they played. Only difference was how much they were going to lose by. By holding the ball the game looks like it was close, were in reality it wasn't. Stown had one player that could score, and at a slow pace or a fast pace his ability was limited. A single man scoring team will be very hard pressed to beat PC.

Maybe if it was that easy to keep the game close he shoulda implemented that strategy at spring hill instead of losing by 40something....and if I am winning a game by 1 and the other coach wants to go home with a 1 point loss ill hold the ball...a win is a win..when the district standing come out it will still be a loss

Just saying that as a coach you have to be adaptable and coach to your teams strengths. This years version of Summertown Eagle basketball is far more defensive oriented than in years past. They are challenged offensively. I prefer the run and gun, full court trapping press style, but if one doesnt have tyhe athlets to support that style, you have to slow the game down. I think Trotter is a fantastic coach and did what was best for his team to win. PC definitely has the better athletes that can run faster and jump higher than Stown does this season and our best opportunity to stay in a game with them is to slow it down and play a half court game and limit their possessions. That Kirk played right into Summertowns hands is shocking, but as I said last year, my personal opinion is that he isnt a great coach. That Summertown has beaten PC this season is a testament in the abilities of the coaches here...and make no mistake, I understand that PC didnt have Tucker at Stown, but that our bigs played so well in that game does show that Trotter got the most out of his guys that night and Kirk didn't.

Maybe it wasn't coaching when they beat teams like spring hill and Perry county at stown..if that's the case did trotter just forget how to coach the morning he woke up when they went to spring hill..maybe its just the "home court" advantage at summertown is worth 50pts..and them beating Perry county without tucker would be like Perry county playing football without him..coaches can coach and get every last bit out of the rest of his kids but if u don't have your best player not much u can do