New Marion County Head Football Coach

ElderMtnWarrior

Marion might have it tougher the year after next if they move back into Class AA/3A playoffs (if the same format is even being used then). Right now they're one of the largest few Class A teams and several new, small schools are starting sports programs, which could push them up in the new classifications. Signal Mt is currently the only contender in the 7-AA group but in a given year, Signal, Sequatchie, Bledsoe, Grundy, Notre Dame and CCS will be more challenging than South Pittsburg, Whitwell and Lookout Valley, plus that takes away two non-district games which could be scheduled as likely wins.

More challenging yes, but I will tell you right now that Marion will beat Dunlap, Pikeville, Notre Dame, Tracy City and Chattanooga Christian next year and the next year and the next year. Were it will challenging is in the second and third round of playoffs. But we have not moved up yet and probably wont. If we dont move up we will still beat all the teams that I have listed with the exception of Notre Dame and that is only because we dont have them on our schedule. :popcorneater:

More challenging yes, but I will tell you right now that Marion will beat Dunlap, Pikeville, Notre Dame, Tracy City and Chattanooga Christian next year and the next year and the next year. Were it will challenging is in the second and third round of playoffs. But we have not moved up yet and probably wont. If we dont move up we will still beat all the teams that I have listed with the exception of Notre Dame and that is only because we dont have them on our schedule. :popcorneater:

Yall expect too much. I guess you will say he should be fired after this dont happen. Only God could walk in & work his ways with this team. No coach is going to improve this team that much in one year. You guys will lose at least 2 if not 3 of those games you mentioned.

Yall expect too much. I guess you will say he should be fired after this dont happen. Only God could walk in & work his ways with this team. No coach is going to improve this team that much in one year. You guys will lose at least 2 if not 3 of those games you mentioned.

Only time will tell!! No i want say he should be fired. i did not think they Should have fired Boeck.

Great players usually make the coach look better. Not saying he wasnt a great coach, but I just had to throw that out there.. If this guy turns around the situation at MC then he will go down as the greatest coach ever at MC. They barely have any talent right now, and the players that Ken had & the new coach has now are like night & day.

Until someone tops (4 gold balls in 6 years)that old Ken guy is the best MC ever had.

How much you wanna bet on Sequatchie Co.? Bledsoe will be decent next year also. Marion could go 6-4 to 8-2 next year. The only guaranteed losses I see is SP and Sequatchie Co. Best of luck to you.

there is no way mc can beat tracy city next year :roflol:

If they go to Tracy they might be riding around trying to see stadium lights from a distance, like Howard searching for the baseball field a few years back.

These expectations, though a year away, are reminding me of this year's expectations-a deep playoff run, a great record based on a "bad" schedule, picking a player for all-state before he's even stepped on a high school field. The newspaper added to it, really. What happened when the current players were infants or not even born doesn't affect today's games. Yes there's tradition but tradition doesn't block or tackle. They were fortunate some of the coaches let up in the second half, in addition to the mercy rule being in place, or there could have been some more very ugly scores. That's while being one of the largest few schools in the class and still barely being competitive.