New Marion County Head Football Coach

ElderMtnWarrior

Wing-t is a very good offense if you have the personnel MC do not have it.

The Wing T is a timing based run offense that requires a quick thinking quarterback and running backs with blockers able to react quickly to defenses. It takes intelligent and quick thinking players but I would say it can be used successfully against most high school level defenses, actually that can be said about most high school offenses. It come down to what the coach is most comfortable with teaching.

The Wing T is a timing based run offense that requires a quick thinking quarterback and running backs with blockers able to react quickly to defenses. It takes intelligent and quick thinking players but I would say it can be used successfully against most high school level defenses, actually that can be said about most high school offenses. It come down to what the coach is most comfortable with teaching.

Pegleg, let me ask you a question. Do you think Grider and our boys are smart enough to run that wing t mess? I garuntee you we need to try something different. We only scored 14 points in that championship game. You think im joking but im not.

Pegleg, let me ask you a question. Do you think Grider and our boys are smart enough to run that wing t mess? I garuntee you we need to try something different. We only scored 14 points in that championship game. You think im joking but im not.

Let me answer that for you genius. South Pitt ran the wingt offense for a few seasons and won a state championship in 2007 using it.

Yea, Roy they looked pretty good running it in practice the last week of the season. It's a good offense when you have a smaller line and we do lose a lot of weight going into 2012.

Roy I garuntee you if you teach your boys how to block and tackle instead of depending on one of those scatbacks to go the distance ever time you probably could run the wing t. You may have to give them pirate boys one of those a.c.t tests before the season starts. Just some advice you might want to teach them boys that Rice fellers veer offense. Those Pirate boys didnt act like they even knew what was going on when they saw that. On top of that that Rice fellers boys knew how to tackle. I think the Pirates need to just go back to the fundamentals. Blocking and Tackling.

FEAR THE BIG MAC ATTACK 2012!

Edited by MtnGoatBilly

Outside of Sequatchie County Middle School, South Pitt. is the most fundamentally sound team in the valley. Their so called scat backs do a good job of pressing the line of scrimage, and trust in their o-line. I like watching them. Their line also does a good job of getting inside and outside leverage. I could go on, but it would be a waste of time. South Pitt. needs to stick with what they are doing, however I would love to run the spread option there.

Edited by possum

Hater, thats what happens when you have SPU people on here and then you have SPU mods on here protecting the boards from people saying a negative true word about the "mighty Pirates"

Lancer10 and Possum aren't SP folks. However, Possum is a good poster. Furthermore, hatr and Lancer have gotten more than one SP thread locked up. There are other moderators on here as well including from Jasper and Sequatchie County.

Edited by rlh