New Marion County Head Football Coach

ElderMtnWarrior

Yes, He has been to workouts and I know he has meet with coaches. I dont know when he will be at the school full time. Probably after Christmas break. The kids that I have talked to like what he has to say and are really excited. Only time will tell if he can get these boys to play to a high level.

I'm sure there are some out there, but I haven't met a player yet, who didn't like him.

He is certainly intense and knows his football, but the players seem to really respond to his style and personality.

I believe he is fair and evenhanded, but he will not accept anything less than 100% commitment and effort. Not sayin that he expects everyone to be a superstar, but he does expect every player to work and play up to their potential.

Has Mac met with coaches and players yet? Whats the vibe

If he has and this Childress man finds out, I garuntee you they will have to vacate some wins. This Childress man will not let these boys do anything for three weeks. Grider can not even let our boys lift weights until Dec 23. This Childress man is not playing about this mess. He made those Signal boys and those Perry County boys vacate wins for not following his rules and I garuntee you he will make this McCurry man vacate wins if he catches him having practice right now. You think im joking but im not.

Guest Purplepastry

I'm sure there are some out there, but I haven't met a player yet, who didn't like him.

He is certainly intense and knows his football, but the players seem to really respond to his style and personality.

I believe he is fair and evenhanded, but he will not accept anything less than 100% commitment and effort. Not sayin that he expects everyone to be a superstar, but he does expect every player to work and play up to their potential.

As I said before I was a little shocked when McCurry was hired. Zig deserves a lot of credit because I am sure there was a lot of pressure to make the wrong hire. McCurry is old school and he is just what MC needs. He is going to ruffle the feathers of the mommas and their boys who have dominated this program for the last decade.

As I said before I was a little shocked when McCurry was hired. Zig deserves a lot of credit because I am sure there was a lot of pressure to make the wrong hire. McCurry is old school and he is just what MC needs. He is going to ruffle the feathers of the mommas and their boys who have dominated this program for the last decade.

The litmus test will be whether or not he can beat L.V. and Copper Hill.

Mike what are you waiting on to hear? Keep eating your popcorn because there is nothing out there that the powers to be dont know. Lake County made a decision and the Coach respects it and has moved on. Your dear friend Mr. Griffith must not of had any problems with the reasons he was not retained in Lake County or he would not be hear. Good luck to your boys this year in baseball. Welcome to Marion County Coach Mac.

I am like most all SP faithful. We are glad MC has a good coach. We miss the rivalry. It is like I said earlier in the season, I get more excited over the Boyd Buchanan game. I want to feel again why I hate Jasassper

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

Guest Purplepastry

The litmus test will be whether or not he can beat L.V. and Copper Hill.

I forgot to mention that McCurry will also probably make a lot of those South Keebler Elves testy as well.

Guest Purplepastry

Sounds like a threat, but Marion has alot more things to worry about other than South Pittsburg. South Pitt is 1A and Marion is 2A so they have plenty of other teams to focus on besides us. Goodluck.

you know better than that. The focus for the both of us is each other, that is the way it will be until were on the same team.

That's one of those wins were ol' Vic had to call Sam right and Sam left... How often does sp win when they are challenged by teams that they don't simply out athlete? Hmmmm

All the Nashville folk thought Moore Co. was going to win that one. But mac had left for Marshall by that time.

Edited by rlh