New Marion County Head Football Coach

ElderMtnWarrior

What years did he coach at Moore co and where had he been coaching before coming to Marion?

Coach McCurry is a very good coach that expects total commitment from his players and coaches. If the players are willing to put in the work, the program will improve guickly. I have known him since he came to MC in the late 80's. I think he left in 1998 or 1999. He went from MC to Marshall County (he won there), then he went to Ripley, MS (he won there too). Congratulations to Coach Mac and to Marion County for getting him.

How do you think Mac will handle THE POWERS THAT BE in the Marion Co. system?

I don't believe there are powers that be anymore. it is time for a new chapter of mchs football. Time to turn the page. I would like to wish coach Boeck the best of luck wherever he may end up if he leaves. Heard some interesting rumors about where he may end up but that's for another time. He quickly turned the program around, although briefly taking them deep into the playoffs, turning around about a three win season. The demise wasn't all Troy's fault. I believe it was a a mix of bad luck, being young, not having much leadership from the large jr class. The main problem that Boeck had was lack of support from parents, maybe some who think their children are better than they are and think they should be playing more than they are. So instead of telling their sons to suck it up and work harder to get on the field, they bad mouth the coaches in front of their kid, thus the coach loses the respect from the kids. The parents need to tell their kids to work hard and it will pay off. There was a lot of kids that quit on that team last year, so that is definitely something that will have to change. All that said, best of luck to coach Boeck, and welcome to jasper coach Mac!!!

How do you think Mac will handle THE POWERS THAT BE in the Marion Co. system?

I don't believe there are powers that be anymore. it is time for a new chapter of mchs football. Time to turn the page. I would like to wish coach Boeck the best of luck wherever he may end up if he leaves. Heard some interesting rumors about where he may end up but that's for another time. He quickly turned the program around, although briefly taking them deep into the playoffs, turning around about a three win season. The demise wasn't all Troy's fault. I believe it was a a mix of bad luck, being young, not having much leadership from the large jr class. The main problem that Boeck had was lack of support from parents, maybe some who think their children are better than they are and think they should be playing more than they are. So instead of telling their sons to suck it up and work harder to get on the field, they bad mouth the coaches in front of their kid, thus the coach loses the respect from the kids. The parents need to tell their kids to work hard and it will pay off. There was a lot of kids that quit on that team last year, so that is definitely something that will have to change. All that said, best of luck to coach Boeck, and welcome to jasper coach Mac!!!

Boeck is a good guy. I just don't he knew where is real support team was.