New Marion County Head Football Coach

ElderMtnWarrior

I was really surprised when I arrived at MCHS last night. The parking lot was full but I thought most were basketball finishing up practice, little to my surprise, practice was over and all the lot was full for Coach McCurry. I regret that I missed his address to the crowd,but will say that when my family and myself were introduced to him I was impressed with what he had to say and how he said it. He didn't make any great promises, wasn't cocky or arrogant. Just a man that loves the game, the kids and coaching. I was really impressed when he told me that he felt like he was "put here" and "put here for a reason". He seems to be a man that has learned from past mistakes and will use that in not only coaching but being a guide to these young men and his students.

No matter how you feel about decisions that were made, its time for the community to rally together and support Coach McCurry and the Marion County Football Team. A successful program not only begins/depends on the coaches and players but on the out pouring of support from their community. Its time to STOP leaving when the game isn't going our way, indicating we have given up as well. (I am guilty, but it won't happen again.) It's time for Daddys and Mamas to STOP yapping in little Johnnys ear, bad mouthing coaches and their decisions and telling Johnny how great he is and a great job hes done no matter what that coach tells you. (Some need to face the facts, not every boy is gonna be a football player. He may look good in pads but thats about it. (I'm preaching to myself here)).

I look forward to mid-August when the boys in Purple take the field and a new chapter in Marion County Football begins. Hats off to Coach Zig..you had a tough job to do and you did it well. Thank you.

BTW, I think we had a Coach T table set up for all you posters to conjugate, meet coach and tell him what you think he should be doing..but I noticed it stayed empty the entire night. Guess yall missed your chance to tell him how it needs to be done.

Good to see you Bill...and good to see those gold balls lining the head tables..dust free :)

Merry Chirstmas Folks

KP

You might be seeing a lot more of me.

Things have changed and a lot of other changes are going to be made. It is an exciting time in Purple and White land. If you are not a 100% into improving this program then its time to get out of the way and make room for those who will be. GO WARRIORS!! TOOT-TOOT!!

You might be seeing a lot more of me.

Things have changed and a lot of other changes are going to be made. It is an exciting time in Purple and White land. If you are not a 100% into improving this program then its time to get out of the way and make room for those who will be. GO WARRIORS!! TOOT-TOOT!!

I love the enthusiasm, Bill! I hope you are right and look forward to supporting the Purple and White!

Bill is right. 2012 district champs then 2013 & 2014 state champs. Its returning. More traditional surprises in store. One will be the return of a new offensive coordinator that has alot of rings on his hand from the 90's. Fear the vear, fear the madness, but most importantly FEAR THE MAC!

Edited by MarionMadness

Mac need a new staff but he want get it. I think he should keep just one from the old staff and let the others go. It want happen because it not college or pro. I would not go as far and say championships or anything like that just better ball club.

5 or 6 years is more realistic for serious wins if he is around that long.

Edited by rc213v