Najee Ray-Henry Co.

utvolzfan

I was fortunate enough to watch the Henry Co. vs Powell 5A Championship game. Najee Ray, HC's QB has difference making speed, lateral quickness and cutting ability. I have no idea what class he is in but I think he would be a strong return guy, possibly a WR or a CB. Hopefully Dooley knows who he is. Just sayin.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was fortunate enough to watch the Henry Co. vs Powell 5A Championship game. Najee Ray, HC's QB has difference making speed, lateral quickness and cutting ability. I have no idea what class he is in but I think he would be a strong return guy, possibly a WR or a CB. Hopefully Dooley knows who he is. Just sayin.

Well if he plays WR and CB, I hope he's not as bad as Teague turned out to be.

This thread is about Najee, but since you brought up Marsalis and him being bad, started as a freshmen on offense, started as sophmore and junior on defense, he got burned by Randle of LSU and Maze of Alabama, maybe he did not shut those guys down but who has. 3 year starter in 3 years, and obviously he is one of their best or he would be starting, most sec qbs will pick any db apart if there is no rush by the d-line.

This thread is about Najee, but since you brought up Marsalis and him being bad, started as a freshmen on offense, started as sophmore and junior on defense, he got burned by Randle of LSU and Maze of Alabama, maybe he did not shut those guys down but who has. 3 year starter in 3 years, and obviously he is one of their best or he would be starting, most sec qbs will pick any db apart if there is no rush by the d-line.

good points prophet. But, you also have to agree that UT is a 6-7 team and Teague is really all they have..I commend him for his effort though, the guy has my respect. He puts forth 100 percent every play, and is a top shelf classy individual.

good points prophet. But, you also have to agree that UT is a 6-7 team and Teague is really all they have..I commend him for his effort though, the guy has my respect. He puts forth 100 percent every play, and is a top shelf classy individual.

Yeah they didnt have Eric Gordon, Malik Jackson, or Waggoner. :rolleyes:

In hindsight, he probably would've been better off had he gone elsewhere. He came in as a freshman and played receiver with no redshirt year, then Dooley comes in and switches him to DB as a sophomore, playing for a couple of the worst defensive units as a whole UT has had in the last 20 years. He wasn't exactly set up for success in the dumpster fire that has become UT football.

As for Najee Ray, I must admit I'm a bit surprised there hasn't been more news about him at the D1 level. He is a senior, and has either been starting or seeing significant time as both a QB and a RB for the past two years. He's one of the fastest players Henry County has ever had, and we've definitely had some fast ones. He's also one heck of a kid. Great leader, and works very hard. I doubt he'll go to the SEC, but he'll catch on somewhere, and probably be successful wherever that happens to be.

In hindsight, he probably would've been better off had he gone elsewhere. He came in as a freshman and played receiver with no redshirt year, then Dooley comes in and switches him to DB as a sophomore, playing for a couple of the worst defensive units as a whole UT has had in the last 20 years. He wasn't exactly set up for success in the dumpster fire that has become UT football.

As for Najee Ray, I must admit I'm a bit surprised there hasn't been more news about him at the D1 level. He is a senior, and has either been starting or seeing significant time as both a QB and a RB for the past two years. He's one of the fastest players Henry County has ever had, and we've definitely had some fast ones. He's also one heck of a kid. Great leader, and works very hard. I doubt he'll go to the SEC, but he'll catch on somewhere, and probably be successful wherever that happens to be.

Wish him all the best!

This is a classless post. What does Teague have to do with this thread? I won't get into how Teague wasn't setup for success at UT becasue it has been already covered. However, I think you need to grow up a bit and look in the mirror before taking shots at players. I can name some Maryville players that were awesome in HS but weren't very good college players. I have more class than to call HS or college kids out by name. If you want to bash players go to Volquest or Volnation with the rest of the morons.

On to Najee. I don't know why he hasn't got more looks. He has great speed & vision and plays tough. He took some shots this year and never even acted like it fazed him. You would think with so many recruiters coming to see Jelks that some team would've noticed him.