Division II State Championships

sandlot5

Winning a state championship with 12 teams in the state should be considered a conference championship......not a state championship. There are more schools in some public school districts than there are in the Division II level. Therefore, people admiring coaches who have 5,6,7 state championships....do it at the public school sector where you have to compete with 80 teams and not 12.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winning a state championship with 12 teams in the state should be considered a conference championship......not a state championship. There are more schools in some public school districts than there are in the Division II level. Therefore, people admiring coaches who have 5,6,7 state championships....do it at the public school sector where you have to compete with 80 teams and not 12.

Oh no, here's a anti-private school poster, who is bored on the DI boards and wants to stir the DII pot.

By the way, out of those 80 teams, you might have 4 or 5 teams that could compete in DII.

Oh no, here's a anti-private school poster, who is bored on the DI boards and wants to stir the DII pot.

By the way, out of those 80 teams, you might have 4 or 5 teams that could compete in DII.

Agreed- uhhh public school poster dude.....that chapter has been written. Check out the BA history book, combined with Baylor, MUS, McCallie, MBA and Ryan. It wasn't pretty- especially in unclassified sports for the public schools in most cases.

Edited by GoldenGoose85

I'm sorry I seem to have lost my place... is this the 5000th stanza of the same old song? You are welcome to come on over to D2 and play anytime you would like... And if you have solid proof of Ensworth having only athletes receiving aid, then produce it... otherwise, it does not exist.

Hmmm... well then, I'm not sure that it is a violation if only athletes are receiving aid as long as they are only getting the aid they are qualified to receive by the independent eval company. So you really need just to take your proof and send it to the TSSAA and let them do their thing if you feel that Ensworth is doing something illegal. They are in D2 so they are well within their right to offer aid.

Read my posts more carefully....I never said Ensworth is doing anything illegal. They choose to offer their financial aid money to athletes only. 100% of their aid goes to athletes. In a perfect world, the split should be 50-50. Most privates in Tennessee are around 50-50...some are 60% athletic/40% academic. Ensworth can do what they want. Obviously, they are recruiting athletes over scholars. That is their decision. They have won 2 straight conference championships.....I mean state championships in their eyes.

Oh boy, here we go. if you think a public school can stay with the top DII schools, you are sadly mistaken. are you putting multiple DI commits EACH yr in college - nope. many of the top DII schools are. list any public school and i'd bet you a number of DII schools would beat them. I was just at a major college pgm 2 wks ago for their game and the team's recruiting head stopped by my tailgate, the schools he immediately knew from TN were all private schools, not one public. and he spouted them off not me. might make you feel good, but not the facts. as much as i hate to say it, ensworth would beat anyone in TN and some of their other competitors would also

Read my posts more carefully....I never said Ensworth is doing anything illegal. They choose to offer their financial aid money to athletes only. 100% of their aid goes to athletes. In a perfect world, the split should be 50-50. Most privates in Tennessee are around 50-50...some are 60% athletic/40% academic. Ensworth can do what they want. Obviously, they are recruiting athletes over scholars. That is their decision. They have won 2 straight conference championships.....I mean state championships in their eyes.

I have been sitting back, watching you make a fool of yourself, but this has gone too far. I happen to know that your post above is false, because I know people at Ensworth who receive financial aid but play no sport. In any case, you would need to know the financial circumstances of every student at the school to support your hypothesis, since this information is subject to privacy laws and is not subject to public disclosure on a student-specific basis.

It is clear that you have some ax to grind - publishing false allegations against others in support of whatever might be your cause is totally inappropriate. I have no problem with you spouting forth any opinion that you see fit; however, consider yourself called out with respect to making up facts to make your case.

Edited by RedRobin

That is not true at all... Here is the misconception. Almost all students do some form of athletics many of the private schools ... I know many kids who are on teams, hardly ever play but receive aid. Financial aide is determined by an independent company and can be given out to a white kid who runs a 6.7 40 yard time . I mentored a kid who went to MBA from a single parent home and his mom still had to pay a certain amount. He was a straight A student and never once started on the football team.

And here is the other thing most people do not consider...do you not think parents move into the Maryville school district for the education and the football? Or is there something just in the water in Maryville that churns out 13 state championship football teams. It's a desirable community with good schools and great sports..my high school in nc just won their 4 th straight state championship. I can name 5 players who moved into town for the sports on that team. There was an article in USA today last week that polled 10000 families who moved over the past 3 years and the number 1 reason was schools!!!!