Pirates 2012

UncleDave

You know when it comes right down to it Marion went 1-9 last year. They underachieved IMO. They should have at least went 4-6 or 5-5. There is no excuse to lose to Grundy, Chatt Grace, Copper Basin and Lookout Valley.

You are still the 'MAYOR OF JASPER' no matter what you say about them.... :roflolk: TheAmbassador Mayor of Jasper :thumb:

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not from MC, and I don't care what you say about them........But I and say this about them that can not be said about SP...................."BACK TO BACK BABY" :roflolk:

You are from Lookout Valley. So you should know what this means.

back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to

back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to

back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back BABY

:roflol:

Edited by TheAmbassador

Agreed. Every time we got yardage between tackles, we ran dumb pass play or plays we have never run all season.

I agree somewhat but I can't say the passes where dumb because several big ones should've been caught...I think the coaches saw them begging us to throw and we did...It's hard to not try to put the ball in your Sr's hands to make a big play especially when their Corner is walked back ten yards...We had chances but our defense just couldn't get off the field...When u only get two possessions on offense in the 2nd half that's tough....I thought we ran well and passed well but did just enough to mess several drives up....We had 3 drives that should've been TD's that wasn't....If we had caught the pass on the first drive it's six and then the holding call on long TD run then the false start and missed snap then no call pass interference....Not to mention 2nd drive another huge dropped pass that wouldve resulted in a first down and huge gain...Instead we ended up turning it over on downs two plays later...We had a few costly runs where our runningbavk tried to bounce it outside and got thrown for a loss when cutting it back inside was wide open...Grider was going nuts two different occasions after those plays...It really has been these type things all year long....We just lacked consistency all year on offense and it cost us a Gold Ball

:roflolk:

You are from Lookout Valley. So you should know what this means.

back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to

back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to

back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back BABY

:roflol:

:roflolk: You got to do better than that...... MAYOR :unsure:

I agree somewhat but I can't say the passes where dumb because several big ones should've been caught...I think the coaches saw them begging us to throw and we did...It's hard to not try to put the ball in your Sr's hands to make a big play especially when their Corner is walked back ten yards...We had chances but our defense just couldn't get off the field...When u only get two possessions on offense in the 2nd half that's tough....I thought we ran well and passed well but did just enough to mess several drives up....We had 3 drives that should've been TD's that wasn't....If we had caught the pass on the first drive it's six and then the holding call on long TD run then the false start and missed snap then no call pass interference....Not to mention 2nd drive another huge dropped pass that wouldve resulted in a first down and huge gain...Instead we ended up turning it over on downs two plays later...We had a few costly runs where our runningbavk tried to bounce it outside and got thrown for a loss when cutting it back inside was wide open...Grider was going nuts two different occasions after those plays...It really has been these type things all year long....We just lacked consistency all year on offense and it cost us a Gold Ball

You are right Traintracks. That consistency ended up costing us. I haven't thought about what you said, but you are right about the missed opportunities against Wayne County. Wayne County only ended up with about 10 more yards than we had. We actually had more first downs than them too. We just didn't take advantage of what they were giving us. I think one pass early in the game might have went for 6 points. It was a slant and it looked like Chubb had at least 3 steps on the defender. I think he would have scored. I worry about the passing game next season with the loss of our receivers. Some young guys will have to step up.

You need to email me sometime at theambassador@ymail.com

Next year there will be more guys playing both ways. I do think we should change up the offense. I don't mind the spread but I love watching those teams like Signal and Sequatchie that run 4 or 5 different offenses every game. Our problem is we have so many athletes year after year we tend to rely solely on that ability. I personally would take a hard nosed fundamentally tough TEAM over an inconsistent athletic "team" any day. It is evident in the other sport, Basketball, which has tons of athletes but NO TEAM. We have relied on the "Big Play" for too long.

Guys playing both ways was one thing that concerned me against yal this year but talking to the guys said it keep them in the game and beat standing on the sideline so might not be such a bad thing after all. Know that good kicking game is usually not a strong point but believe it paid off big for us this year glad we put emphasis on it through the year in practice

You are right Traintracks. That consistency ended up costing us. I haven't thought about what you said, but you are right about the missed opportunities against Wayne County. Wayne County only ended up with about 10 more yards than we had. We actually had more first downs than them too. We just didn't take advantage of what they were giving us. I think one pass early in the game might have went for 6 points. It was a slant and it looked like Chubb had at least 3 steps on the defender. I think he would have scored. I worry about the passing game next season with the loss of our receivers. Some young guys will have to step up.

You need to email me sometime at theambassador@ymail.com

Lol Its amazing how often I am....I will pass on the email :thumb: Your more than welcome to send your fanmail to TracksTracks99FanClub@hotmail.com ;)

Urjasper, let me ask you a question. Why will Grider not run this single wing? I garuntee you it would have been better than that mess we tried to run last week. Our blockers are going to have to get bigger and stronger before next August or Grider will not win a championship next year. You think im joking but im not.

Roy i sho am glad u,me and willie are all on the same page!!!

UncleDave is not even going to respond to lancer10 because he is doing the same stuff that got the last SP thread closed. All I will say is that no matter what classification, a gold ball is a gold ball.

And Roy, anybody that played football at SP prior to 1993 understands that the single wing was an offense that pretty much said we are running in the 6 and 7 hole….try and stop us!! Several other offenses are similar in that there is not really any guess work on what opposing teams that run it will be doing….you just have to be tough enough to stop it. Our lineman back in those days were hardnosed and tough as nails. That is what I meant by my opening dialogue in this thread.

One other thing I thought about too….SP has had the luxury of having a lot of good players the past 3 years and so they have not had to use the same 11 to play both ways. I really don’t know what all they have available for 2012 but would think that several players will have to go both ways next season. Against higher class schools that may hurt them, but against 1A schools it won’t. I guess what I am saying is that they need the best 11 on the field on both sides of the ball next year….and I really hope if they stay with the 3-4 defense that the ends are a little bigger kids. To run that defense your 3 down lineman have to be studs because they are double teamed a lot on run plays. There is a lot of young talent at SP right now that will be called on to step up big time next year. I look forward to seeing the 2012 edition of the Pirates!

Edited by UncleDave