Updated Top 25 Juniors in the State......

gomab2

Updated Top 25 Juniors in the State......I will have a finalized Top 85 Juniors in the State shortly after the Ballerz Hoops Showcase II..........

1 Jerrell Houston 6'8 WF East

2 Shawne Williams 6'8 WF Hamilton

3 Charles Hampton 6'1 PG Bishop Byrne

4 Andre Allen 5'10 PG BTW

5 Shane Dansby 6'5 WF Harpeth

6 Frank Holmes 6'8 BF Fayette Ware

7 Juan Smith 6'2 2G McMinn Co

8 Barry Gardner 6'8 BF Maplewood

9 Corey Brewer 6'6 WF Portland

10 Henry Harris 6'1 2G/PG Stratford

11 LaBrian Lyons 6'3 2G Riverdale

12 Antwan Harris 6'3 WF Kenwood

13 Jamar Jenkins 6'6 BF Forrest

14 David Price 6'5 2G/WF Blackman

15 Rorey Lawrence 6'6 2G Ridgeway

16 Ronald Taylor 6'1 2G/PG Maplewood

17 Justin Hare 6'1 PG Bradley Central

18 Keiron Jackson 6'10 C East

19 Renard Robinson 6'10 C Hume Fogg

20 Ryan Daniel 6'11 C Goodpasture

21 Shay Shannon 6'2 2G Giles Co

22 Trai Alred 6'0 2G Marshall Co

23 Jonathon Ball 6'3 2G White Station

24 Reilly Ervin 5'11 PG White Station

25 Daniel Singleton 6'3 2G Rutledge

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by gomab2:

Updated Top 25 Juniors in the State......I will have a finalized Top 85 Juniors in the State shortly after the Ballerz Hoops Showcase II..........

1 Jerrell Houston 6'8 WF East

2 Shawne Williams 6'8 WF Hamilton

3 Charles Hampton 6'1 PG Bishop Byrne

4 Andre Allen 5'10 PG BTW

5 Shane Dansby 6'5 WF Harpeth

6 Frank Holmes 6'8 BF Fayette Ware

7 Juan Smith 6'2 2G McMinn Co

8 Barry Gardner 6'8 BF Maplewood

9 Corey Brewer 6'6 WF Portland

10 Henry Harris 6'1 2G/PG Stratford

11 LaBrian Lyons 6'3 2G Riverdale

12 Antwan Harris 6'3 WF Kenwood

13 Jamar Jenkins 6'6 BF Forrest

14 David Price 6'5 2G/WF Blackman

15 Rorey Lawrence 6'6 2G Ridgeway

16 Ronald Taylor 6'1 2G/PG Maplewood

17 Justin Hare 6'1 PG Bradley Central

18 Keiron Jackson 6'10 C East

19 Renard Robinson 6'10 C Hume Fogg

20 Ryan Daniel 6'11 C Goodpasture

21 Shay Shannon 6'2 2G Giles Co

22 Trai Alred 6'0 2G Marshall Co

23 Jonathon Ball 6'3 2G White Station

24 Reilly Ervin 5'11 PG White Station

25 Daniel Singleton 6'3 2G Rutledge

Not that I'm complaining because I'm glad Daniel Singleton is listed, but how does he drop from 21 to 25 in 3 months after not having played since the middle of August?

Hare dropped that low since your July rankings and Pickel dropped out of the top 25????? And those are based on which performances that they have had since July???? Looking at your senior rankings, you have Skogan at 22??? Maybe you need to get out a little more. First off, I saw the state tournament as well as games throughout the year. Skogan was MVP but is only 22nd on your poll? I am assuming that he does not play for your aau team. Pickel and Hare both were two of the best guards I saw in Murfreesoboro! Please explain how two of the top ten guards in the state have dropped so low. And I am also assuming that when you do your final 85 that the ones in the uppper part of your list must attend YOUR showcase... What a joke! You have Juan Smith ranked quite high? One question!! Have you ever seen him play against Hare and Pickel? Maybe you should! He is an awesome player but was outclassed by the two of them in the region tournament game that I watched. But then obviously you don't get out much. And where Jonathan Cook on your list. Come watch some southeast Tennessee games sometime. It just doesn't make sense that these players have dropped so low without ever picking up a ball since your last rankings. When will your next rankings come out so we can see how low our Chattanooga area players can drop by then.

[Edited by nick32 on 10-16-02 9:46A]

I respect your player insight but it is obvious that you do not watch very much basketball in the East Tennessee area. Your top 25 is loaded with Middle & West Tennessee players which I am sure they are good but I think you need someone who can inform you on the players from East Tn. I have officiated for 14 years and have did 2 state tournaments. I have seen most of the talent in this area. Please, if you are going to have a poll, just state you know very little about this area. Otherwise good players get left off. I respect Singleton and he is a good player but their are at least 4 juniors in this area that I would take before him. I have seen them all play.

As for the kid from University High

Bradley Bradley 6'7 Center University High

NOTE: Bradley is a junior but has only one year of elgibility left.

I will get the names of the 6'5 post player from Science Hill and the 6'7 foward from Volunteer. Keep up the good work.

I love this.......I love getting feedback, even though it is more negative right now.......

I do watch players from all over the State, even Southeast TN or Upper East Tn......

TJ made a great post.....it's not that some players are dropping, but other players are emerging.....

Example: #19 Renard Robinson is a 6'10 C who was not even on my previous lists, and has debuted at 19....

#22 Trai Alred also has emerged from at best Honorable Mention, to as good as any 2G I have seen outside of the Top 10......

I like Hare's game, and have seen him numerous times, and I clearly like Juan Smith better. I have seen them both numerous times with the Tn Travelers AAU. Pickel is very good, but there are so many great players out there. An example would be Jackson Northside's PG Ramon Williams, who right now is a Top 40 or so. Ramon may be as good or better than any PG on the list outside of the Top 10, but there are so many players to sort out....

smalltown........I respect your opinion always on here, but I am not sold on Brewer being a Top 5 prospect yet. Yes, he will play SEC ball, and his future is great, but I often see him fail to actually produce on the court. I watched a HS scrimmage between Shelbyville and Portland a summer ago, and Brewer may have been lucky to have even scored (he ended up with 2 FT's I think). Same in AAU: it was often Dansby who was making noise and making things happen rather than Brewer at WF. Again, Corey's a High Major, but I want to see him do more now......

Tennreferee.....keep me updated on East Tn guys, as I do sometimes miss the guys who don't play AAU, like a Brandon Bradley, or a Rusty Chambers (who I have only seen play once)....Email me with East Tn updates if you like, at Coachshul@comcast.net

It is a very difficult thing that Gomab is trying to do in ranking the players from across the state. It would be nearly impossible to see them all play and in many cases I'm sure he may only see them play once. It is simply his opinion and we all have those. I respect your opinion on Daniel Singleton, because you have obviously watched a lot of games. I also respect the opinions of College coaches and they are very high on him. I know this for a fact. Does that make him a top 25 player in the state? In my opinion yes. These coaches know what it takes to play at the next level and they seem to believe he has it. I believe that Gomab bases his rankings on the ability to play at the next level as well. I'm not trying to start an argument, just replying to your post. I'm sure the players you mentioned are super players as well.

Guest gilessf

Giles Co Shay Shannon is ranked way to low , watched him work out the other day with Tyler Smith at the rec and him is starting to go to another level , the great competition in Giles is helping him . :rolleyes:

Guest pioneerfanbb

Where is Reese Bishop from Warren Co.? He has really improved his game over the summer and with his position change to PG Bishop will be a suprise standout in this District.