AA Predictions For Murfreesboro

bballer1

MC is playing very well right now. I dont know if I would go as far as to say they are very deep. As the competition gets tougher the bench will get much thinner. I was also told the freshman starter thats been hurt is done for the year. Tough break for MC. Hope they can make it back to the Boro !!

The freshman girl (Kelsey Myers) that is done for the year was one of many starters this year. Coach Morgan has changed the starting lineup almost every other game this season to give each girl on the team experience and confidence for the tournaments. He has started other freshman this year including a season-wide starter (Elizabeth Trentham) who has improved greatly to give them experience. Kelsey Myers, although a great player and asset to the team, is only one girl on a very deep and talented bench for Central. Coach Morgan has done an outstanding job getting this freshman class ready for tournament time. This is why he and Coach Young is one of the best coaching duos in the state. They make good basketball players better and better. Coach Morgan has been quoted several times saying he is willing to possibly lose regular season games to give his bench players experience. He has done that. Outside of this season, I can't wait to see what this year's McMinn Central freshman class will do in the next few years. It may be the best freshman class Central has seen in years.

Swanson, son just worry about your poor little Bulldogs.

We're already done, i'm rootin on the other team from Macon County now :thumb:

You may not like what I said, but what I did say is the truth. Macon County plays a weak schedule! They have a very good team and have a good enough team to bring home some gold. All I want to know is why not play stronger teams? I wish you all the best and hope to see you all playing on TV :thumb:

Edited by swanson71

The freshman girl (Kelsey Myers) that is done for the year was one of many starters this year. Coach Morgan has changed the starting lineup almost every other game this season to give each girl on the team experience and confidence for the tournaments. He has started other freshman this year including a season-wide starter (Elizabeth Trentham) who has improved greatly to give them experience. Kelsey Myers, although a great player and asset to the team, is only one girl on a very deep and talented bench for Central. Coach Morgan has done an outstanding job getting this freshman class ready for tournament time. This is why he and Coach Young is one of the best coaching duos in the state. They make good basketball players better and better. Coach Morgan has been quoted several times saying he is willing to possibly lose regular season games to give his bench players experience. He has done that. Outside of this season, I can't wait to see what this year's McMinn Central freshman class will do in the next few years. It may be the best freshman class Central has seen in years.

Cody. Did I say something wrong?? The one thats hurt, who is one of several starters that you classify her as,is I believe Centrals second leading scorer on the team. Its a big loss. Sorry I didnt know her name. Wasnt taking anything away from any others. But this loss has obviously hurt Central.

Cody. Did I say something wrong?? The one thats hurt, who is one of several starters that you classify her as,is I believe Centrals second leading scorer on the team. Its a big loss. Sorry I didnt know her name. Wasnt taking anything away from any others. But this loss has obviously hurt Central.

I meant nothing by my post to sound harsh. If it did, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way. The team's second leading scorer is not Kelsey Myers. That would be freshman, Elizabeth Trentham. She is not hurt.

Really. Wow. You better check your stats

I don't have stats; I've just watched the games. As far as I can tell, Trentham is right at about 12 points per game. With Masengil at 25 ppg, I would say she is the team's 2nd leading scorer. Don't get me wrong, losing Kelsey is a tough loss, but the main point of my long post was that we have the talent on the bench to replace her. Morgan played around with the starting lineups like he did in case of this exact type of situation. Same thing as last year. A few starters go down (as they inevitably do every year) and new ones come off the bench and pick up slack. Central won a state title last year doing the exact same thing. Central's current starting 5 is as solid as any 5 this year for them.

I don't have stats; I've just watched the games. As far as I can tell, Trentham is right at about 12 points per game. With Masengil at 25 ppg, I would say she is the team's 2nd leading scorer. Don't get me wrong, losing Kelsey is a tough loss, but the main point of my long post was that we have the talent on the bench to replace her. Morgan played around with the starting lineups like he did in case of this exact type of situation. Same thing as last year. A few starters go down (as they inevitably do every year) and new ones come off the bench and pick up slack. Central won a state title last year doing the exact same thing. Central's current starting 5 is as solid as any 5 this year for them.

Not going to argue. Lifes too short. As for MC. Trentham is doing very well. She has improved since day 1. And they will need her to keep improving for the next four years. Morrow is stepping it up. S. Williams can play and is regaining her confidence. P. Williams improves every time out. Masingal is a beast. Youngs a warrior. Casteel and Coleman are sharp shooters. Centrals current 5 plus bench is very talented. My only point was to say that losing Myers hurts and she wont be replaced as you say. Others will just step up. Her athleticism is unreal. She can shoot it, shes fast, plays good D, and she can jump out of the gym. I truly think that MC's future can be very special.

Not going to argue. Lifes too short. As for MC. Trentham is doing very well. She has improved since day 1. And they will need her to keep improving for the next four years. Morrow is stepping it up. S. Williams can play and is regaining her confidence. P. Williams improves every time out. Masingal is a beast. Youngs a warrior. Casteel and Coleman are sharp shooters. Centrals current 5 plus bench is very talented. My only point was to say that losing Myers hurts and she wont be replaced as you say. Others will just step up. Her athleticism is unreal. She can shoot it, shes fast, plays good D, and she can jump out of the gym. I truly think that MC's future can be very special.

Agreed. Maybe "replace" wasn't the right choice of word. I like your use of "step up" better. I imagine we're from the same area considering our knowledge of the team, btw. You're right with Morrow. She is looking outstanding right now. I'm excited for the next few years with these freshman. One oft overlooked girl on the team is Shakori Pirkle. I know she needs work, but she may be the most athletic, NOT TALENTED, but most athletic player on the team. If her talent is refined, she'll be scary in a few years. Btw, I just read a long post over a Memphis team where it got racist and had way too much bickering, so I completely agree with the 'not going to argue' statement. :)

Obion County and Dyersburg either one I feel have enough talent to win a gold ball. Obion County hadn't made it past the region-semis in a while. Dyersburg losing to Covington in the district put them in the same region bracket with Obion. Westview and Covington also are very scrappy and could make some noise in the Boro as well. I don't see either one winning the gold ball, but Westview is no stranger to the Boro and any thing can happen once you get there.