AA Predictions For Murfreesboro

bballer1

GC, can Manassas shoot the ball from outside this year? When we played them last year, they were tall and very athletic. Most of their points came on driving to the basket and put backs. They didn't look like a good outside shooting team. If they added the outside shot, they will be tough.

No they can't shoot from outside and that's the only way anyone in AA will be them is by forcing them to shoot outside. However, their press causes turnovers and allows them to get fast break points which is how they win their games.

The two teams with the best shot to make it to da Boro from West TN will be doing battle on Friday night as the #2 ranked Lady Rebels of Obion Central will host the #5 ranked Lady Trojans of Dyersburg. :rolleyes:

This will be the 2nd meeting this season between the two squads as OC won at D'burg by four points back in early December. :unsure:

Both teams have already won 20 games this season= OC is 20-1 and D'burg is 20-2.

Tip-off is set for 6pm at OC's Central Station this Friday night..

Getcha Popcorn Ready!! :popcorneater:

If Upperman can make it out of the region and substate, they'll have to be considered the favorite at Murfreesboro. This team plays great defense, has good size, a point guard who can handle the ball, and is getting better with every game. This team has more balance than most prior Upperman teams. Add their very good coach to the mix and that should make them the favorite.

If Upperman can make it out of the region and substate, they'll have to be considered the favorite at Murfreesboro. This team plays great defense, has good size, a point guard who can handle the ball, and is getting better with every game. This team has more balance than most prior Upperman teams. Add their very good coach to the mix and that should make them the favorite.

Substate goes through McMinn Central. :o

Agreed on CAK. The McMinn County freshman point is tearing it up for CAK right now. 55 pts in the last two games. That district may very well come down to Alcoa and CAK although Loudon is also suppost to be pretty good this year.

We hated to lose Miss Bryant (the freshman point) to CAK because she's a great student, a tremendous basketball player, and a wonderful young lady.

Don't overlook Lenoir City!

Good coaching? I would say the coaching is and has been a liability over the last 10 years for Upperman. Without McWilliams holding them back I would say they would have at least one if not two state championships.

• Upvote 1

Good coaching? I would say the coaching is and has been a liability over the last 10 years for Upperman. Without McWilliams holding them back I would say they would have at least one if not two state championships.

Who could have gotten them farther? Nominate someone for the job who has the record of wins that is not currently employed.

A coach has to take what comes in the door. They can teach them the game and prep the players for a game. A coach cannot put points on the board,block shots, or make assists. The players must do that themselves.

I watched Mcwilliams turn the Upperman program around,like Brown at Jackson Co. or Dodgen at Cannon Co. Simms is trying to rebuild at Clay Co.

You ain't seen much High School Girls Basketball.

Edited by jimbo44

Who could have gotten them farther? Nominate someone for the job who has the record of wins that is not currently employed.

A coach has to take what comes in the door. They can teach them the game and prep the players for a game. A coach cannot put points on the board,block shots, or make assists. The players must do that themselves.

I watched Mcwilliams turn the Upperman program around,like Brown at Jackson Co. or Dodgen at Cannon Co. Simms is trying to rebuild at Clay Co.

:thumb:

West Tennessee has a very good chance of winning the AA state the regional winner between Dyersburg vs Obion County and Manassas will represent the west and if they dont get paired up before the finals it will be the west takes all in Murfreesboro... 1.Obion County

2.McMinn Central

3.Upperman

4.Manassas

5.Macon County

6.Livingston Academy

7.Dyersburg

8.Grainger

Edited by gameover

Have to agree with you. I can't imagine that anyone would question the fantastic job that McWilliams has done. Some people just don't realize just how tough it is to get to Murfreesboro!

Have to agree with you. I can't imagine that anyone would question the fantastic job that McWilliams has done. Some people just don't realize just how tough it is to get to Murfreesboro!

Upperman plays in a very tough district with LA, York, Smith County, Dekalb County, and Cannon County. All of those teams are good to average teams and so far they(upperman) has had a dog fight in almost every game against those district teams...So whoever does make it to the state tournament out of this district had to earn it.