AA Predictions For Murfreesboro

bballer1

I have not seen any of the three play yet this year, so I am basing it primarily on schedule and comparative scores. The 38-71 loss to Unicoi County caught my attention. Also, the narrow margins of victory in recent games over some mediocre teams leads me to believe the Lady Knights may be the third best team in the BRAC. I could be wrong and they will get to prove it on the court against Greeneville and Grainger County. I am not sure any of our Region 1 teams are great this year, but we shall see in the Region and Sectionals.

Historically, I would agree. I just think that both Frye's want to make this final season as coach-mom and player something special. But as you know, anything can happen in the Greene County/Greeneville rivlary. The Classic will tell us a whole lot more. I still think that just one injury to a starter on any team could sway the whole district. I don't think any team is totally built around one "star", but they do have 3-4 key players from the teams I've watched play. Hey, we can be optomistic about the playoffs:)

Macon County, Livingston, and Upperman should be a contender to make it...

Macon getting Gregory back should lock them a spot in the dance. I know they still have to play the games but i look for them to have a deep run. Very experienced team.

Livingston can contend for a state appearance but they must win the region. Central, barring a major upset in R3A, is a visiting teams nightmare. But LA has won down there before but i would think that LA would rather just meet em in the finals for the gold. lol

Upperman always has the girls in place and the team more than capable of going to the big dance. But they are in the same boat as LA....gotta win the region. Neither the U nor LA are afraid of going to Central, but they have one of the better home court advantages in the state.

Good luck all and GO HOG-EYE!!

Gibson is down this year as well.

I wouldn't count Gibson Co. out yet. Have lost 3 close to good teams and have beaten some good teams as well. remember how much the team improved thru the year last year I expect Coach Hart to do the same with them this year. The team has some good players, just have to get more consistent with their scoring. I say they'll be around in the end.

I wouldn't count Gibson Co. out yet. Have lost 3 close to good teams and have beaten some good teams as well. remember how much the team improved thru the year last year I expect Coach Hart to do the same with them this year. The team has some good players, just have to get more consistent with their scoring. I say they'll be around in the end.

Gibson did get better last year thoughout the season, no doubt. However, we also had the Tyree twins that picked it up in that second half that really got Gibson going at tournament time. I hope GC does well as always, but I'm not so sure about this year. We do have some good talent, but we've already lost 3 district games and one was by 20 points to Dyersburg the other night. We also lost to a Covington team, that in years past we've destroyed every time we've played them. I'm not just talking about while Butler ran the show, I'm talking before she got to Gibson.

I will agree. Take out the Region 7 team that will have to travel to sub-state against Manassas and replace them with Manassas. Will be hard for either of our teams to go down there and beat a good Manassas team.

By the way, good luck in the Collierville tournament.

Thanks, got a tough 1st game. Should be fun to coach though. Southwind vs Millington...

• 2 weeks later...

Losing Amber Rheay really hurt us on depth, but I'm not going to count out GC either. I watched them give Obion all they wanted and had a 9 point lead in that game. GC played the worse game I have ever seen against Dyersburg. That won't happen again. They are not 20 points better than GC. Coach Hart sticks to zone defense most of the time and continue to get the ball down low and dribble drive to set up threes they will have a fighting chance against anyone in AA. AA seems to be down across the state. Think the Covington game and Dyersburg game would have been different scores if we played zone. Not a good man to man team.

Losing Amber hurt Gibson BIG time. If Coach Hart get's Gibson to Murfreesboro this year, he deserves a raise on his salary. We have good players, no doubt, but I'm not sure if it's a team that get's to Murfreesboro. You mention Covington.... they have our number. They've beaten us something like 3 or 4 times in a row now. I'm not sure that we are better than Dyersburg or OC either. Dyersburg has athleticism that we don't have and OC has size that we don't have. I've also seen Memphis Manassas play this year as well and in my opinion they are better than both OC and Dyersburg. Manassas is a team that will be in substate against one of our 2 teams from Region 7AA.

• 3 weeks later...

Losing Amber hurt Gibson BIG time. If Coach Hart get's Gibson to Murfreesboro this year, he deserves a raise on his salary. We have good players, no doubt, but I'm not sure if it's a team that get's to Murfreesboro. You mention Covington.... they have our number. They've beaten us something like 3 or 4 times in a row now. I'm not sure that we are better than Dyersburg or OC either. Dyersburg has athleticism that we don't have and OC has size that we don't have. I've also seen Memphis Manassas play this year as well and in my opinion they are better than both OC and Dyersburg. Manassas is a team that will be in substate against one of our 2 teams from Region 7AA.

I have seen Memphis Manassas play and this is one of the better Memphis AA team i have seen in recent years. With the addition of Phikala Anthony it gives them a legitimate chance against any AA team in the state.

I have seen Memphis Manassas play and this is one of the better Memphis AA team i have seen in recent years. With the addition of Phikala Anthony it gives them a legitimate chance against any AA team in the state.

Manassas is one of the longest and most athletically skilled AA teams in the state. I've saw them twice this year and my opinion is that they're still better than any of the 13AA teams. If Manassas wins their region and hosts sub-state, it'll be tough for any Reg. 7AA team to go down there and win.