Maryville Football

rebelforever

It must just be me, but...why doesn't the "other" cornerback get any recognition? I didn't see as many games this year, but he has been awesome for 2 years now - both the corners look awesome. Next, I was really shocked with the safety that was chosen. Again, I thought the other safety made up for some bad LB play early in the year. Maybe I missed the best games of the safety that was chosen. Do those who saw more games have a different opinion?

Much to do about stats. Many of the voters have very little to go on since they may have watched the team once this year....at the state game.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It must just be me, but...why doesn't the "other" cornerback get any recognition? I didn't see as many games this year, but he has been awesome for 2 years now - both the corners look awesome.

sx...eye wood say yore rite....Eye've watched a lott ov hi skool footbawl and that wuz tha best pear ov cornurs....eye've evur seed on tha saim feeled....Nick White and Wayne Thompson befour hem, haiv allmost always got um lined up rite....and vurry seldum do ewe evur sea our boys outta posishshun!!.... :thumb:

I was kidding one of the coaches earlier this year that their best LB was #20. I don't mean to take anything away from #1 or #29 - or even the LB's that improved as the season went on. They played very well also and deserve any awards that come their way. I was a little shocked last year about #17. If I remember right, he didn't make all county? I just assumed the coaches nominated their players.

MLREB - I'm sure you are right. #14 probably got some votes too after his championship performance. It's always good to see kids step up when they get their chance.

It was amazing to see how much #52 improved from last year to this year. He was dominant on the field as a kid and had to grow into his body the last few years(I guess). He really had a good year.

Ive talked to the man in charge of the field. No way are we seeing turf. He said it would cost 500,000. That would no doubt put me out of a job. Cause anytime theres budget cuts in Maryville City Schools, it comes from the lunchroom.

500,000 is nothing to our boosters. I've already committed 20$ myself. Don't worry about your job, you can come work for me on the farm. We have got to get that field fixed, if Hunt goes down running the clock we'll need a four wheel drive cart to get him out of there!

We have got to get that field fixed, if Hunt goes down running the clock we'll need a four wheel drive cart to get him out of there!

countryREB...No trewer werds haiv evur ben spoken....Aftur tha Riverdail gaim mommaSTARS wint out on tha feeled....And she gott marred up on abowt tha 35 on tha Story Centur end.... Eye haid two runn a cabull frum tha rench on Nellie Belle and hitch hit up two her two yank her out....

Luckilee Tnnitehawk wuz thair two kleer tha traffick shos eye cood park Nellie necks two Donna's Flares on Seedur Streat..... and knott haiv two snaik that cabull acrost Broadway inn tha dark.... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

countryREB...No trewer werds haiv evur ben spoken....Aftur tha Riverdail gaim mommaSTARS wint out on tha feeled....And she gott marred up on abowt tha 35 on tha Story Centur end.... Eye haid two runn a cabull frum tha rench on Nellie Belle and hitch hit up two her two yank her out....

Luckilee Tnnitehawk wuz thair two kleer tha traffick shos eye cood park Nellie necks two Donna's Flares on Seedur Streat..... and knott haiv two snaik that cabull acrost Broadway inn tha dark.... :popcorneater:

Well STARS to be on the safe side, I guess I'll throw the 4 wheeler in the back of the cattle trailer and bring it to all the home games. It's got a rench and cabull on it and will be easier to get around than Nellie Belle. Someone with some pull is going to have to find me a parking spot.

Well STARS to be on the safe side, I guess I'll throw the 4 wheeler in the back of the cattle trailer and bring it to all the home games. It's got a rench and cabull on it and will be easier to get around than Nellie Belle. Someone with some pull is going to have to find me a parking spot.

I like to see the 4 wheeler that could pull momma stars outta the mud!!

There will be a lot of new faces next year as the Rebels retool their offensive line and defensive backfield. IMO.....John Garrett will man the helm. A smart QB with excellent decision making and running ability. The pass game will change a lot but John is very capable. If he sticks I wouldn't be surprised to see Isaac Edminston under center some as well. Nick Myers is a strong possibility but my guess is Nick will see more time as a wideout and DB.

The offensive line will see several new faces as a strong class of upcoming Sophomores will see ample opportunities to see the field. Nothing changes there as Coach Ellis grooms another group of outstanding lineman to wear the red.

The defensive line will be strong with the onlu losses being Joseph Watson and a part timer in Kevin Niethammer. Maryville will present a challenging front for offensives to deal with.

Linebacker losses of Miranda and West will require some time to replace and this will be a challenge as Maryville brings back one starter from the 2011 team. There will be a group of excellent canidates that will fill the void but it may be a few years before we see the likes of West and Miranda standing behind the D-Line.

Defensive backs are a plenty. With Coulter returning there in lies a good base to rebuild from a stellar group lead by Yoakum, Johns, and Curtis. I expect Maryville to be fine at DB.

The running game will strong with Shawn Prevo starting his 15th year as the Rebels running back. (seems like 15 to the Maryvill opponents). With Shuler, Prevo, Pocket Rocket, and a host of new talented faces emerging Maryville will go the way of thier line improvement and their running game.

Receivers will remain a question but expect a talented Cody Carrol to take the lead as new faces emerge.

The kicking game will be outstanding in 2012 as both the punter and kicker return. It is possible that we may learn the name of our punter this year as I expect a little more emphasis on the punt versus 2011.

There will be a bunch of new names to learn next year but let me assure you the talent is still there. It will be fun and as always it can't get here soon enough

McNelly will be ready for next season's full on kicker position along with Robinson as the punter again. They are hard at work already. The entire team works throughout the year both physically and mentally, so you can expect another excellent team for 2012-13.

On second thought, there may be one thing. I vote for Starz as the new PA guy. I am sure the one now is a super guy, but the whole Merryville thing is just way out of place. When you have had as much success as Murvil, you need someone with passion about it, a hometown voice...I don't know what part of Ohio or Michigan the current PA guy came from, but he don't talk like the rest of us.

:thumb:

I absolutely HATE hearing him talk! It completely ruins a game for me. I understand you dont have to say Murvil but still pronounce Maryville correctly not, as you put it, Merry-Ville. Its a "rival" yet I like everything about Maryville except their dagum PA announcer. Its even worse that I can hear him from my porch too!