Clarksville Head Coaching search

cubs1

Congrats to Kenwood and their new hire! Maybe we will be keeping Southerland in town. Not sure if he has applied for the other schools, but we are sure glad he is with us for now. May have to stop in and talk to coach to see what his intentions are on the up coming season. What classification is Montgomery Central in, and what is the deal with West Creek? From my understanding this is their third head coach in 4 years. Why does Montgomery County keep turning over head coaches?

Congrats to Kenwood and their new hire! Maybe we will be keeping Southerland in town. Not sure if he has applied for the other schools, but we are sure glad he is with us for now. May have to stop in and talk to coach to see what his intentions are on the up coming season. What classification is Montgomery Central in, and what is the deal with West Creek? From my understanding this is their third head coach in 4 years. Why does Montgomery County keep turning over head coaches?

Montgomery Central is 4A. From coaches that I have talked to Clarksville/Montgomery County does not completely support athletics like other school districts do. You would be hard pressed to find another city around Clarksvilles size that has the coaching turnovers.

• Upvote 1

FB - West Creek High School (Clarksville, TN) has openings for a head football coach and assistant football coaches (possible coordinator opportunities). Applicants must be certified in Special Education, World Geography, or Health Science (not PE/Health). If interested please submit a letter if interest along with a resume to Bryan Johnson, Athletic Director at bryan.johnson@cmcss.net . Also, please complete an on-line application at www.cmcss.net. (01/30/2012

above in "highlighted" is your problem. They are looking for a particular TEACHER that just happens to be a good head football coach..........can happen!! but not likely!!

sorry

FB - West Creek High School (Clarksville, TN) has openings for a head football coach and assistant football coaches (possible coordinator opportunities). Applicants must be certified in Special Education, World Geography, or Health Science (not PE/Health). If interested please submit a letter if interest along with a resume to Bryan Johnson, Athletic Director at bryan.johnson@cmcss.net . Also, please complete an on-line application at www.cmcss.net. (01/30/2012

above in "highlighted" is your problem. They are looking for a particular TEACHER that just happens to be a good head football coach..........can happen!! but not likely!!

sorry

Yeah, you have to be exceptionally special to a get a PE/Health job in Montgomery Co., I have been trying since 2008. I am at least going to coach somewhere this fall, and hopefully land a teaching job b/4 my freaking certification expires.....

Edited by Kevin38

From what I have seen/heard/been involved in... teaching comes first and what you do comes first in the schools. Walk thrus and numbers matter. Behavior, pleasing the administration, and sucking up to the parents so no one complains comes first.

Sports, besides basketball (which is relatively cheap considering every school is built with a gym), come second in Montgomery County. There is no middle school ball, so players really start their high school careers with little experience.

Certain schools in the county have administrations that really support sports and want them to succeed, others see coaches as nothing but a commodity that can easily be replaced, no matter if they were successful or not. Don't like a coach, you can easily get rid of one in Montgomery County by picking up that phone and complaining.

Go to any other part of the state, sports are not taken seriously even if they have some of the best athletes in the state. Take a look at APSU... how many football players come from Montgomery County Schools? Not too many when I lived there.

West Creek will go through this year after year because parents love to run their mouth and the administration cares more about those phone calls than whatever the coaching staff may do up there. There is a reason that every single main boys sport has undergone coaching changes in the past 3 years, and it isn't because the coaches were bad. Clarksville is a horrible place to have a coaching career, and the other three schools in the district are going to love playing those Clarksville teams year after year and winning year after year.

Oh and PS, take a look who is in charge of football in the state.... if things seem bad right now, take a guess which school district he used to work in.

We in Springfield are happy to see that Montgomery County has no interest in their home town boys Myers and Southerland. Talked to Coach today, and he told us that he has not even been called back for any of the positions. The Larry's crew are glad they have not called back, because we keep a good coach that travels from Clarksville daily. In the words of Coach Southerland, "Just fuel to prove they are wrong!" We are glad to keep him in Springfield not only as a coach, but my grandson thinks the world of him as a teacher.

From what I have seen/heard/been involved in... teaching comes first and what you do comes first in the schools. Walk thrus and numbers matter. Behavior, pleasing the administration, and sucking up to the parents so no one complains comes first.

Sports, besides basketball (which is relatively cheap considering every school is built with a gym), come second in Montgomery County. There is no middle school ball, so players really start their high school careers with little experience.

Certain schools in the county have administrations that really support sports and want them to succeed, others see coaches as nothing but a commodity that can easily be replaced, no matter if they were successful or not. Don't like a coach, you can easily get rid of one in Montgomery County by picking up that phone and complaining.

Go to any other part of the state, sports are not taken seriously even if they have some of the best athletes in the state. Take a look at APSU... how many football players come from Montgomery County Schools? Not too many when I lived there.

West Creek will go through this year after year because parents love to run their mouth and the administration cares more about those phone calls than whatever the coaching staff may do up there. There is a reason that every single main boys sport has undergone coaching changes in the past 3 years, and it isn't because the coaches were bad. Clarksville is a horrible place to have a coaching career, and the other three schools in the district are going to love playing those Clarksville teams year after year and winning year after year.

Oh and PS, take a look who is in charge of football in the state.... if things seem bad right now, take a guess which school district he used to work in.

The bold is essentially what I was trying to say in my post back on the first page. Unless the administration starts changing how it does things, the coaching carousel in Clarksville will never stop spinning, and the over all quality of football being played will never improve. And I think that's a shame, because they do have one of the best pools of athletic talent in the state. CHS and Northeast could be perennial state powers with some of the athletes that come though there. But it's always the same old story; Their numbers are too small, they're underdeveloped with the lack of middle school football, and there is far too much coaching turnover. Truly a shame.

• Upvote 1

The bold is essentially what I was trying to say in my post back on the first page. Unless the administration starts changing how it does things, the coaching carousel in Clarksville will never stop spinning, and the over all quality of football being played will never improve. And I think that's a shame, because they do have one of the best pools of athletic talent in the state. CHS and Northeast could be perennial state powers with some of the athletes that come though there. But it's always the same old story; Their numbers are too small, they're underdeveloped with the lack of middle school football, and there is far too much coaching turnover. Truly a shame.

Its been this way since David Baker (former superintendent) tried to do away with sports in the early 80's and will remain in a shambles till middle school football is brought back. They have middle school basketball and look how Clarksville has been a player factory, now its time for parents there to stand up for there children and demand that they put middle school football back into the schools! Football has the most numbers for sports, parents can make theirselves be heard!

Edited by getarealclue