CPA in King of Bluegrass Tourney

CPA4Ever

CPA fans need to remember they have to take the "good" with the "bad". If they want people to listen to how well their sports teams are doing- they are going to have to realize that not all people share their excitement and that some people think there is a direct correlation between how well their teams are doing and the methods that were used to achieve it. So when you start a thread talking about how well CPA is doing in a tournament- expect that you are going to hear some negative comments. If you only want to discuss the "good" then you should start a CPA members only website where you can do so and limit those who don't feel the same way about CPA (the "bad").

So every time CPA has some success we should expect someone to get on here and and say negative things about the program? If so then I think I'll quit Coach T. It is getting very tiresome.

Hoopit10. Wow. You've really put a grandfather in his place. How dare he get on Coach T to see what is being said about his grandson's team and try to correct false information. You must really be proud of yourself.

Thanks for having my back coachrus. I've been around a long time....my sons played FB at a local prominent high school on successful teams. I am also a fan of a VERY successful college football team and have seen/heard the PE(hope you know what that is) for many years. The have not's always want to tear down the have's instead of doing what is necessary to put their own at that position. My oldest son's teams went 0-10 and 2-8 but some people got involved and made it happen. They could too.

I am glad you understand your role now. I am not certain why anyone would support anyone making uncheck statements about CPA or any school and why would they even care. Coach T is designed to follow your particular team, support them and enjoy them. Maybe you had a bad experience at CPA, not certain, I understand the background with Ken Brooks. I am not certain why he continues to live in the past. CPA is an excellent school, excellent academics, spiritual leadership and has excellent athletics regardless. It is not for everyone, thus must be the reason you hold a grudge as well. I am simply looking at the post to follow progress of the school's sports.

I have NEVER said that I support kbrks statements. My responses to your posts have been in regards to your hateful tone and lack of bringing anything to the table as a poster. FYI, I had a fantastic experience at CPA. I served under Drew Maddux as a student assistant coach for 2 years. The only interaction I had with Brooks was as a camper at a few of his basketball camps in middle school. I keep up with and support CPA basketball more than any other alumni that I know of. My dad is in his 5th season serving as the P.A. announcer for CPA basketball. If you are "simply looking at the post to follow progress of the school's sports," I would think that you would appreciate the information and analysis provided by posters like CPA4Ever, coachrus, FBGirl, and matt610. But all that I have seen you respond to initially are posts by kbrks. You can keep trying to discredit or dismiss me because I "had a bad experience" or "hold a grudge," but you are simply way off base. And you don't need to explain to me what CoachT is designed for, I've been posting on here for 6 years and I have 400 more posts than you, so I've got a pretty good idea.

Edited by matt610

I have NEVER said that I support kbrks statements. My responses to your posts have been in regards to your hateful tone and lack of bringing anything to the table as a poster. FYI, I had a fantastic experience at CPA. I served under Drew Maddux as a student assistant coach for 2 years. The only interaction I had with Brooks was as a camper at a few of his basketball camps in middle school. I keep up with and support CPA basketball more than any other alumni that I know of. My dad is in his 5th season serving as the P.A. announcer for CPA basketball. If you are "simply looking at the post to follow progress of the school's sports," I would think that you would appreciate the information and analysis provided by posters like CPA4Ever, coachrus, FBGirl, and matt610. But all that I have seen you respond to initially are posts by kbrks. You can keep trying to discredit or dismiss me because I "had a bad experience" or "hold a grudge," but you are simply way off base. And you don't need to explain to me what CoachT is designed for, I've been posting on here for 6 years and I have 400 more posts than you, so I've got a pretty good idea.

[/quo

Then I think we are good. Glad you support the teams. And apprreciate your dad.

"....money can buy"....come on guy. Have at least a Little class.

Look, in my own personal 'private/Christian school' experience, I was always reminded about the ways of this world and (this is a direct quote from the headmaster, an ordained Baptist minister, at the time) 'if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's a duck.' Well, like someone else posted earlier, it's just NOT coincidental that all these AAU all-stars are on CPA's roster. And, if you're honest, you know it's true. I know it hurts, but...sorry!

Let's not be naïve here. It's common knowledge that lyin' and cheatin' in big-time sports is standard operating procedure today and shows absolutely no signs of slowing down or getting better. In fact, it's getting worse because of greed, pride and money. Even at the high school level.

I can't prove it...just like I can't prove Jesus died on the cross, even though I believe it...but I believe T$$AA rules have been broken in this situation. Sadly, the only people that know that for sure are the ones that have participated...and, apparently, it's perpetuating.

One more thing...matt610, I appreciate your honesty, first, AND your perspective. Thanks for participating from a position of knowledge, truth and passion and not speculation, like most of us.

Look, in my own personal 'private/Christian school' experience, I was always reminded about the ways of this world and (this is a direct quote from the headmaster, an ordained Baptist minister, at the time) 'if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's a duck.' Well, like someone else posted earlier, it's just NOT coincidental that all these AAU all-stars are on CPA's roster. And, if you're honest, you know it's true. I know it hurts, but...sorry!

Let's not be naïve here. It's common knowledge that lyin' and cheatin' in big-time sports is standard operating procedure today and shows absolutely no signs of slowing down or getting better. In fact, it's getting worse because of greed, pride and money. Even at the high school level.

I can't prove it...just like I can't prove Jesus died on the cross, even though I believe it...but I believe T$$AA rules have been broken in this situation. Sadly, the only people that know that for sure are the ones that have participated...and, apparently, it's perpetuating.

One more thing...matt610, I appreciate your honesty, first, AND your perspective. Thanks for participating from a position of knowledge, truth and passion and not speculation, like most of us.

Of course it's not coincidental,it's by choice on the player's and his parent's part, but that doesn't mean it was done against the rules. It is not coincidental I live in Williamson County. I spent extra money to live here for the education system many years ago....by choice. Kids go to schools of their choice, if it means enough to the to go the effort, for many reasons. Some times it is because of a coach, an educational program,etc. If done correctly it's not illegal. Nothing wrong with being a duck if there's nothing wrong with being a duck.

I've been reading these threads about cpa for a couple of years now. I really dont have a horse in the race unless LA meets cpa in the boro lol. I can see both sides and it is unfortunate that there is such a gray area in what is right and wrong. We all want our kids to have the best chance to go as far as they can go! But you take a team like LA, its amazing that every kid on their team played together in the same county since 2nd grade pee wee ball. Thats why I like the small town community teams! Soon if something isnt changed all teams that have any prayer to compete will have to go out and recruit talent. Kids shouldnt be allowed to change teams as easily as they can. Memphis schools have done it for years and thats one reason they usally dominate. I'm not saying cpa has recruited cause I dont know. I will say congrats to them cause they are on fire!