Giles County 2012

bobcat012

With the tssaa rankings coming out in a few weeks and knowing the importance of the computer polls, How important is it to have as great a margin of victory as possible to sway those computers. Pending the size of your conference teams may or may not have the luxury of playing specific teams to boost their ratings and as we all know those games can also be a bust on occasion.

GC tends to call the first team off soon after the mercy rule kicks in. It has been as early as early second quarter this year. On occasion they may try out a play or two to get a feel for it, but that is about it. Soom teams roll on into the seventies..

The question is, Do you sacrafice your rating to be a good sport or do teams benefit from keeping the pedal down till the clock hits zero.

With the tssaa rankings coming out in a few weeks and knowing the importance of the computer polls, How important is it to have as great a margin of victory as possible to sway those computers. Pending the size of your conference teams may or may not have the luxury of playing specific teams to boost their ratings and as we all know those games can also be a bust on occasion.

GC tends to call the first team off soon after the mercy rule kicks in. It has been as early as early second quarter this year. On occasion they may try out a play or two to get a feel for it, but that is about it. Soom teams roll on into the seventies..

The question is, Do you sacrafice your rating to be a good sport or do teams benefit from keeping the pedal down till the clock hits zero.

Darned if you do,Darned if you don't. How many times have we punted this year? I'm thinking once if any?

Darned if you do,Darned if you don't. How many times have we punted this year? I'm thinking once if any?

So true....friday night after the game I was content that we ran out a minute plus on the two yard line and that it was the right thing to do, but as the week of no football moves on I,m thinking we shoulda punched it in and kicked onsides.