Maryville QB Patton Robinette To Enroll At Vanderbilt Tomorrow

pking34

Maryville QB Patton Robinette, the Gatorade Player Of the Year in Tennessee, evidently had a REALLY last-minute change of heart WHILE GOING THRU ORIENTATION AT NORTH CAROLINA and decided to play at Vanderbilt----- Patton will be enrolling at VU tomorrow.

From every film I've seen, Vanderbilt's gaining a superb QB that is a great student and first-class young man. This news is out on the Rivals boards at both North Carolina and VU.

I honestly kinda expected this to happen and I am glad it did. I believe this is a perfect fit for both sides. What Robinette does is perfect for the offense that is run at Vandy; so much so if Rodgers plays badly I can see Robinette contributing sooner than later. Having said that, I do not believe that will be the case, I believe Rodgers will have a decent year and Robinette will take over in 2013.....

Now hopefully they can go ahead and close the deal w/ Matthers. Franklin is doing a great job, I am hoping Vandy can hold on to this guy......

Edited by Kevin38

I honestly kinda expected this to happen and I am glad it did. I believe this is a perfect fit for both sides. What Robinette is perfect for the offense that is run at Vandy; so much so if Rodgers plays badly I can see Robinette contributing sooner than later. Having said that, I do not believe that will be the case, I believe Rodgers will have a decent year and Robinette will take over in 2013.....

Now hopefully they can go ahead and close the deal w/ Matthers. Franklin is doing a great job, I am hoping Vandy can hold on to this guy......

Mathers recommitted to Ole Miss. I would like to see him @Vandy myself.

Although my degree isn't from UT, I've been a Vols fan for as long as I can remember. If Franklin can take that Vanderbilt program and make it competitive consistently WITH OUR HOMEGROWN TALENT, I might legitimately start to either change my allegiance completely, or I'll be pulling pretty dang hard for two different programs. Hope Franklin keeps them heading in the right direction. And if so, I hope they can hang on to him.

Although my degree isn't from UT, I've been a Vols fan for as long as I can remember. If Franklin can take that Vanderbilt program and make it competitive consistently WITH OUR HOMEGROWN TALENT, I might legitimately start to either change my allegiance completely, or I'll be pulling pretty dang hard for two different programs. Hope Franklin keeps them heading in the right direction. And if so, I hope they can hang on to him.

Lost in the shuffle here is Patton Robinette's desire to pursue a degree in medicine, his 4.5 GPA, as well as his perfect score of 36 on his ACT!

That being said, if you can't see, feel or understand the changes taking place on West End as it relates to the Commodore athletic program..now focusing on football..then your allegience to whatever school you choose to follow is blinding you and your ability to rationally reason! James Franklin (along with some extremely professional assistants) have focused themselves first on restoring some respectability and competitiveness to their on-the-field performance. Secondly, they are doing a terrific job of highlighting all that is great about Nashville, West End, and the Vanderbilt education experience. Thirdly, he/they have strategically ignored those whose opinions, suggestions, and motives are laden with negativity, disbelief, and/or pessimism!

Furthermore, Coach Franklin's ability to walk now into homes where once Vanderbilt football was rarely taking seriously and to come away with strong consideration or committments is absolutely amazing! To hear high school athletes mention Vanderbilt as being on a Top 3 list indicates that Division-I calibur players are now taking notice Vandy's football program even as it continually evolves and are jumping at the opportunity to be apart of this process.

Congrats to Patton Robinette on being the latest student athlete to this program on the rise....and enjoy your time in Nashville!

Edited by QBClubPrez

Lost in the shuffle here is Patton Robinette's desire to pursue a degree in medicine, his 4.5 GPA, as well as his perfect score of 36 on his ACT!

That being said, if you can't see, feel or understand the changes taking place on West End as it relates to the Commodore athletic program..now focusing on football..then your allegience to whatever school you choose to follow is blinding you and your ability to rationally reason! James Franklin (along with some extremely professional assistants) have focused themselves first on restoring some respectability and competitiveness to their on-the-field performance. Secondly, they are doing a terrific job of highlighting all that is great about Nashville, West End, and the Vanderbilt education experience. Thirdly, he/they have strategically ignored those whose opinions, suggestions, and motives are laden with negativity, disbelief, and/or pessimism!

Furthermore, Coach Franklin's ability to walk now into homes where once Vanderbilt football was rarely taking seriously and to come away with strong consideration or committments is absolutely amazing! To hear high school athletes mention Vanderbilt as being on a Top 3 list indicates that Division-I calibur players are now taking notice Vandy's football program even as it continually evolves and are jumping at the opportunity to be apart of this process.

Congrats to Patton Robinette on being the latest student athlete to this program on the rise....and enjoy your time in Nashville!

While I agree with your post....mostly, here are some other points to consider.

Franklin will not be at Vandy for long

Franklin is a used car salesman at best as noted by several of the recruits families...that are keen enough to realize it.

Isn't it about time for Vandy to use some of the stolen money from the SEC to upgarde that dump facility.....embarrassing to say the least.

Robinnette could have had a similar education at UNC....not the reason he left for Vandy. Patton was smart enough to realize that Vandy's system was more fitting for his skill set versus the new offense Carolina's new coach would be bringing.

While I agree with your post....mostly, here are some other points to consider.

Franklin will not be at Vandy for long

Franklin is a used car salesman at best as noted by several of the recruits families...that are keen enough to realize it.

Isn't it about time for Vandy to use some of the stolen money from the SEC to upgarde that dump facility.....embarrassing to say the least.

Robinnette could have had a similar education at UNC....not the reason he left for Vandy. Patton was smart enough to realize that Vandy's system was more fitting for his skill set versus the new offense Carolina's new coach would be bringing.

Once again, here's a "wolf dressed in sheep's clothing" who emulates the person described under the 3rd point in paragraph two of my previous post. Reading YOUR posts suggest some level of disgust given either Robinette's decision or the attention and momentum being experienced at Vanderbilt!

For starters, James Franklin may not be there more than 2 more seasons....he might not be there after next season....yet, he may be the coach at Vandy for 12 mores seasons....thus your comment suggesting "Franklin will not be at Vandy long" is relative to what you think "long" is. Secondly, what evidence or knowledge do you have that indicates he's "anxious" to leave as the tone of your post suggests? Has Coach Franklin mentioned to YOU other jobs that he is interested in?

Are the facilities on West End so bad as to not welcome some of the nation's top players to enroll?

Have you discussed (with him) Patton's reason for choosing Vanderbilt over North Carolina? Do you know for a fact that his decision was based on "style of offense" over an overall better vibe, situation, and health of the program?

Lastly. there's not a single college head football coach in the country that can coach a single game (no matter of division) without some ability to "sell" student athletes on the idea at playing for the school in which he represents. However, the term "used car salesman" is often used in refering to selling an idea or product then in turn disappearing after the sale! Using this definition, as most refer to it, James Franklin is the total opposite saleperson as described. If you only knew how some of the most revered programs coaches act when faced with bad news, it would be an "eye opening" experience to much of their faithful fanbase! I wonder how many would remain fans and how many would find some way to justify their words and actions!