Maryville QB Patton Robinette To Enroll At Vanderbilt Tomorrow

pking34

You still have failed to address my comment that that 17 million is a drop in the bucket to Vandy. The sec gains more from Vandy than you know. So why don't you quit making egregious statements. K pumpkin?

Oh and the facilities are not the nicest. I'll give you that. New field turf is being put in this summer and ground will be broken on a 120 yrd indoor practice facility. Upgrades are being made. Rome wasn't built in a day ya know.

Totally agree Bishop....MLREB acts as though Vandy took money out of his retirement plan...and so far hasn't built anything of substance with it! The FACTS are the conference makes an unbelievable amount of money off of Vanderbilt athletics as you stated. MLREB chooses only to look through his narrow tunnel of bowl wins then elects to paint the entire conference with a extremely broad brush! As a UT supporter myself, it irks me beyond belief to listen to fans belittle another program and refer to them as second class to hide their own short comings! Then...this goon suggest that the head coach is a "greasy used car salesman" and wants to push his skewed opinion off on others as "FACT"!

The only "FACTS" related to his posts are that he is jealous that one of his own chose (as we know of) 2 other universities (possibly more) over his beloved school! Another "FACT" that I see relevant to the discussion is that there seems to be more experts on Vanderbilt athletics East of the Cumberland Plateau than there is in Music City! The "FACTS" are that you know little about the things you speak! Another "FACT" for you is this....I have the utmost respect for Patton Robinette...no matter the school of his choosing! College athletics (particularly football) needs more Patton Robinette's participating! I would say this samething in the same way if he had chosen North Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, or even Penn State!

Franklin will not be around long IMO and he does not seem honest to me. BS guy saying whatever it takes to get recruits in. As for Patton, the reason he switched is very simple... Mom wanted him to go to Vandy. Ask him if you have questions.

I'm afraid he's going to be there long enough to kick our tail for a year or two. Maybe we can turn them in for illegal recruiting...now, what was the real reason murvil's qb went to vandy?

While I agree with your post....mostly, here are some other points to consider.

Franklin will not be at Vandy for long

Franklin is a used car salesman at best as noted by several of the recruits families...that are keen enough to realize it.

Isn't it about time for Vandy to use some of the stolen money from the SEC to upgarde that dump facility.....embarrassing to say the least.

Robinnette could have had a similar education at UNC....not the reason he left for Vandy. Patton was smart enough to realize that Vandy's system was more fitting for his skill set versus the new offense Carolina's new coach would be bringing.

I am offended by that remark! :angry:

A few thouts on this thread....

Rebullsman, ML iz jist gettin baik at ewe maikin fun ov him inn tha Blunt Mimorall Baby Nursree frum Jan. '59...... :blush:

And eye like Austin Pee's chant...."Let's Go Pee"...Sounds like tha pups ridin on Nellie Belle 5 minetts aftur drankin a Big 44 frum tha Sonick!!!.....

And countryreb we all nose that this song hear goes fer everthang inn life..... :thumb:

I'm afraid he's going to be there long enough to kick our tail for a year or two. Maybe we can turn them in for illegal recruiting...now, what was the real reason murvil's qb went to vandy?

No way. With all the seniors Vandy lost, I'd take Maryville College or Maryville HS over them the next couple years. Heck they couldn't even beat UT last year when Kentucky did!

No way. With all the seniors Vandy lost, I'd take Maryville College or Maryville HS over them the next couple years. Heck they couldn't even beat UT last year when Kentucky did!

Vandy only lost 9 seniors this year. Only big losses are Marve, Hayward and Barden. Not that would make you stop trolling or anything.

I can say as a UT season ticket holder I would take James Franklin in a heart beat over what we have on the hill!!!! Living in Middle Tennessee and having the opportunity to talk with and listen to James Franklin speak on two occasions I can tell you that Vandy has hit a home run with him. He is a class act and if I am Dave Hart I would tell him to name his figure. You boys in Maryville have no clue what you are talking about, unfortunately Vandy is here to stay. I believe we were sitting home while they were in Memphis!

I can say as a UT season ticket holder I would take James Franklin in a heart beat over what we have on the hill!!!! Living in Middle Tennessee and having the opportunity to talk with and listen to James Franklin speak on two occasions I can tell you that Vandy has hit a home run with him. He is a class act and if I am Dave Hart I would tell him to name his figure. You boys in Maryville have no clue what you are talking about, unfortunately Vandy is here to stay. I believe we were sitting home while they were in Memphis!

:roflol: You guys will see. Also....wasn't that the worst UT team in decades that beat the Franklin coached Vandy team?....thought so.

Listen....I am happy those Tennessee boys are playing at Vandy. I would much prefer them in state versus Ole Miss....Ark...Alabama...or elsewhere.

As for Patton Robinette.....Imo he made the RIGHT decision going to Vandy. The system.....and the potential for early PT is much better at Vandy.

Regarding some previous posts that UT should take more......or should have taken more Tennessee boys such as Cobb.....yada..yada...they have tried on several and they have went out of state. Sure they miss some as does every state school. UT did offer Cobb....simple as that and Cobb was a MUCH better college player than highschool....in the end KY was the right choice for Randal. The same could be said for T-Rob and others....they made the right choice. T-Rob wouldn't have seen the field as a TE at UT last year. UT has been burnt with Alcoa players anyway...Duck....Sykes...and Warren.

Prez....please keep posting....you are entertaining as a Vandy "head in sand" hommer.

:roflol: You guys will see. Also....wasn't that the worst UT team in decades that beat the Franklin coached Vandy team?....thought so.

Listen....I am happy those Tennessee boys are playing at Vandy. I would much prefer them in state versus Ole Miss....Ark...Alabama...or elsewhere.

As for Patton Robinette.....Imo he made the RIGHT decision going to Vandy. The system.....and the potential for early PT is much better at Vandy.

Regarding some previous posts that UT should take more......or should have taken more Tennessee boys such as Cobb.....yada..yada...they have tried on several and they have went out of state. Sure they miss some as does every state school. UT did offer Cobb....simple as that and Cobb was a MUCH better college player than highschool....in the end KY was the right choice for Randal. The same could be said for T-Rob and others....they made the right choice. T-Rob wouldn't have seen the field as a TE at UT last year. UT has been burnt with Alcoa players anyway...Duck....Sykes...and Warren.

Prez....please keep posting....you are entertaining as a Vandy "head in sand" hommer.

MLREB...you need not worry! The Prez will continue his posting and he will keep pointing out those who speak things that are accurate such as Riverdale100, Kevin38, hdcastle, and the Bishop! These posters aren't blinded by orange paints or the glistening of a trophy case full of championships rings.....they can plainly see the truth! Vandy is here to stay, Franklin is here to stay, and once the month of February is behind us, Vandy will have as good of a recruiting class as the school on the hill! MLREB, if you indeed believe I am so entertaining...by all means...join me at any game next year in Nashville! I'd love to visit with you!

I'm sure that Vandy thought they found the answer many times over their 122 seasons of football. A new coach comes in, emphasis is placed on football and they win a few more games. Soon, reality returns and Vandy is right back where they were. Their lifetime SEC record is 124-380-17, and the last time they had consecutive .500 or above SEC seasons was 1948 and 1949. That is the definition of futility.

Vanderbilt is a team of student/athletes playing in a league full of NFL farm teams. A few seasons around .500 each decade will be all they can ever expect.