Maryville QB Patton Robinette To Enroll At Vanderbilt Tomorrow

pking34

Absolutely fair question.

Like I said, I don't know if Dooley will get it done or not. Time will tell on that, but after just two years, and especially with the mess that he inherited left by the combination of Fulmer's last 3 or 4 recruiting classes and the debacle that was a year of Lane Kiffin.

Why do so many fans question it? Perhaps because they don't really see the big picture. In this day and time of instant gratification, people expect instant results, which as anyone with the ability to think reasonable and rationally understand, is just not possible in big time college football. Even the best programs needed time to build or rebuild. For example, how many people remember that Nick Saban lost to Loiusiana-Monroe his first year at Alabama? Quality D1-A football programs don't just spring up out of nothing. They have to be constructed.

HTV...UT could also do themselves a favor by recruiting/signing your running back Mobley!..Class act and a difference maker on the field!! Best wishes in the coming year to your Powell Panthers! That being said...congrats again to Patton Robinette and Go Dores!!

HTV...UT could also do themselves a favor by recruiting/signing your running back Mobley!..Class act and a difference maker on the field!! Best wishes in the coming year to your Powell Panthers! That being said...congrats again to Patton Robinette and Go Dores!!

You are preaching to the choir on that one, brother. Given the need at running back UT has, that one just baffles me. I believe that is a Jim Chaney decision, more than a Dooley thing. I'm not a Chaney fan. Honestly, I wish he was one of the coaches departing the staff, but I had better shut up now.

By the way, I had the opportunity to interview Coach Counce before the Blue Cross Bowl, and his grandson, Caleb, and Randall Dunlap at the Toyota East-West Game. They all were class acts, as well.

No, but nobody else can sign and admit those student-athletes, either. It takes in the neighborhood of a 2.4 in the core and an 18 on the ACT to pass through the Clearinghouse and be eligible according to NCAA regulations.

On James Franklin, I am impressed with what he has been able to do at Vandy in his one year there thus far. That said, previous Vandy coaches have been able to come in and build excitement over the short term, too. Franklin still has to prove that he can do it over the long haul. If he can put together 3 or 4 good recruiting classes, and then translate those in to wins then I will be very impressed. Building a college football program is not a one, or even two, year deal.

And on your claim that Vandy is in better shape than is UT right now, I guess head to head meetings don't mean anything any longer?

Two quick things...

1) I find it very hard to believe that every single division 1 athlete scored at least an 18. That is considered average and quite frankly, not every athlete is at average academically.

2) I said the "program" is in better shape. How many coaches have had to be replaced? Was it 5? How many recruits have decommited? How far has that top 10 recruiting class fallen? The Vanderbilt football program is not going through the turmoil that the UT program is. Short of another penn state case, there is no way James Franklin would get fired next year. Dooley is gone of he doesn't win 9 games. Hate to say it, UT will lose to bama, uga, Florida, and south Carolina. Might lose to Vandy. Not ready to say for sure because ut did beat Vandy this past season. But there is no way you can say with a straight face that Ut football is in better shape than Vandy football

You are preaching to the choir on that one, brother. Given the need at running back UT has, that one just baffles me. I believe that is a Jim Chaney decision, more than a Dooley thing. I'm not a Chaney fan. Honestly, I wish he was one of the coaches departing the staff, but I had better shut up now.

By the way, I had the opportunity to interview Coach Counce before the Blue Cross Bowl, and his grandson, Caleb, and Randall Dunlap at the Toyota East-West Game. They all were class acts, as well.

If you talk to most UT fans, no high school player in the state of tennessee is good enough to play for the big orange

Two quick things...

1) I find it very hard to believe that every single division 1 athlete scored at least an 18. That is considered average and quite frankly, not every athlete is at average academically.

2) I said the "program" is in better shape. How many coaches have had to be replaced? Was it 5? How many recruits have decommited? How far has that top 10 recruiting class fallen? The Vanderbilt football program is not going through the turmoil that the UT program is. Short of another penn state case, there is no way James Franklin would get fired next year. Dooley is gone of he doesn't win 9 games. Hate to say it, UT will lose to bama, uga, Florida, and south Carolina. Might lose to Vandy. Not ready to say for sure because ut did beat Vandy this past season. But there is no way you can say with a straight face that Ut football is in better shape than Vandy football

You Vandy Homers are Hilarious .... Vandy is not in better shape , even at our worst you still lost . Dooley upgraded everywhere today , and I look forward to seeing Franklin throw his headset at a ref next year , and push the Tennessee coaches trying to shake his hand away , after he gets his Butt Stomped once again .... ya he was all Class when he pushed players and coaches out of the way as he whined like a little baby .

Edited by pepvol

Two quick things...

I don't really care if you believe me or not, and I'm not going to argue with you on core GPA and standardized test requirements. See it for yourself:

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/af238a804e0b869285bcf51ad6fc8b25/Quick+Reference+Sheet+for+IE+Standards+-+6-18-09.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=af238a804e0b869285bcf51ad6fc8b25

Yes, I can tell you with a straight face that UT is in better shape than Vandy is right now. Yes, some coaches have left - either on their own or because they were fired - and 3 of the 5 spots have been filled by quality candidates. The other 2 spots should be filled in the next few days.

Vandy had at least 2 coaches that I am aware of leave.

Coaches come, and coaches go for various reasons. It's the nature of the beast.

Recruiting? Yep, a couple of UT verbals changed their minds. It happens every year whether coaches leave or they stay. Believe it or not 17 and 18 year olds change their minds. That's nothing new.

You want to talk about recruiting class ranking between UT and Vandy? Do a little research and see where UT and Vandy both are right now according to Rivals and Scout. What you will see pretty much blows your theory.

Yes, I can say with a very straight face that even as tough as it has been the last couple of years, UT is in better shape than Vandy is right now, and it always will be. UT has the facilities and fan and financial support that will always keep the football program ahead of the instate little brothers.

Look - I have a lot of respect for Vanderbilt as a university. In fact, my son was very close to accepting an academic ride there before he made his decision to attend West Point. I'm not a Vandy detractor, but let's get real here - it is always going to be difficult for Vandy to be anything more than "competitive" in the SEC. UT will be fine. I don't know if it will be under Dooley, or somebody else, but they will get there.

You Vandy Homers are Hilarious .... Vandy is not in better shape , even at our worst you still lost . Dooley upgraded everywhere today , and I look forward to seeing Franklin throw his headset at a ref next year , and push the Tennessee coaches trying to shake his hand away , after he gets his Butt Stomped once again .... ya he was all Class when he pushed players and coaches out of the way as he whined like a little baby .

If you think you upgraded at DC today, then I question your intelligence. I am not talking wins and losses here kid. If you don't think the Tennessee football programs is in turmoil then you are sadly mistaken. I am not a Vandy homer. I am a Vandy realist.

Wow... Always will be? I didn't realize I was dealing with a psychic here. Your coaches left because they saw the writing on the wall. Dooley is gone after this year. I bet you all wish you had pHat Phil back right now. Please do us all a favor...go play in traffic. I LOL at UT

And you seriously think the whole country doesn't LOL at Vandy !!?? You will always be the SEC doormat , always have , always will be . Vandy is very lucky to be in the SEC ...

I agree that Vandy is along the bottom of the SEC this year but they did finish above UT and that aint happen much. I reckon my question is this, if Vandy and UT swapped there academic rules where Vandy could get in some of them players like UT does, would UT still have a better program. I think another reason is UT is just that, a state school. Vandy is aprivate school located in the state of Tenn. ton'y know much bout Vandy but they did loose to UT this year and STILL went to a bowl. Just sayin'

Eric Gordon's pick 6 is why Dooley didn't get fired this year- fact. You lose to Vandy and Ky back to back and he was fired and you know it. Gordon beat Quarles as well in 08 just to rub it in a little. Vandy was at a bowl game while UT players were sulking- fact. Dooley gets fired next year because your QB is immature and overrated. Your stud receiver is a cancer on the team. Zero SEC caliber running backs in Knoxville. Defense will be good with Sunseri but they weren't that bad last year.

And you seriously think the whole country doesn't LOL at Vandy !!?? You will always be the SEC doormat , always have , always will be . Vandy is very lucky to be in the SEC ...

You must be some sort of buffoon....saying "Vandy is lucky to be in the SEC"....is like saying that Maryville is lucky to be in the state of Tennessee. They've always been in the SEC....the SEC has never known a single hour since December of 1932 without Vanderbilt University! They are part of the very fabric of all that is great about college athletics in the South! Watch closely today as their basketball team moves to 3-0 in conference play in front of a sold-out building, on national TV, and in front of some very impressionable young men with their families on campus today for "official visits" who may be anticipating playing for the Commodore football team next Fall! Regardless of your opinions, some of these young me (such as one of your own) have made the decision to enroll in and play football at Vanderbilt University. Next semester and football season are both "brand new" with new challenges and new opportunities! No one can "accurately predict" the outcome of the academic year nor athletic season....the very least you can do is respect EACH student athlete in their decision....especially one that has brought you and your community such joy and excitement over the past couple of years....its certainly not too much to ask!