MBA coverup exposed

newsoftheworldus

inapproprate203....you have made your intentions are clear with every post. You mean nothing more than to take shot after shot at the former coach. You offer nothing other than juvenile cheap shots. Let me guess...the coach was 'too hard', or what was another one...oh yeah, the coach 'didn't make it fun'. Hundreds of other players and parents 'had fun', but you keep surfacing.

The only indisputable fact in this entire MBA episode is that the father of a player, Chris Simonis, went complaining to the headmaster because his son was on the bench...3 YEARS later. Believe me when I say the entire MBA community would like to see you go away.

Newsoftheworldus, are you saying the other incidents of excused tuition, payments to the parents of 7th graders, and payments to "families in need" are disputable? As an obvious MBA supporter, would you rather Mr. Simonis have kept quiet and allow these reckless practices to continue? In the long run, the school is better off coming clean and cleaning house.

How much of this is simply an attack on the former coach and his family as much as MBA. In other words this probably could have been swept under the rug or not reported as it happens in some form at most D2's.

Seriously......this is the WORST findings in the HISTORY of the TSSAA......I like MBA....but am APPALLED.....even more appalled at the way the TSSAA handled it. They are toothless.

On a more interesting note....KWOODRUFF...an MBA alumni brought up.....why would an offender this bad be TEACHING TSSAA recruiting rules to ANY school in DII this year...POLITICS..TSSAA equals....TOOTHLESS LION....they are bowing down. I HOPE MBA wins the DII state championship...... the most coveted football title in TN......I cannot wait to hear the outcry......MBA IS....I say again....IS eligible for the state championship.....on probation....YES but can win the state championship..eligible for post season play.....read the outcome.....WEAK.....it actually shows that DII schools are ABOVE the TSSAA....the TSSAA made a weak choice of punishment bc of powerful relationships and attorneys....seeing how weak the TSSAA is in punishment....if I was a DII school AD.......I would push it to the limit right now because DII evidently has the TSSAA's number and the TSSAA gives weak punishment to DII schools in their own division as long as they dont mess with DI. They have shown their colors.....I would be RECRUITING from EVERYWHERE and getting in the grey zone every day. It is evident the TSSAA has no backbone.

Edited by Brandon100

Seriously......this is the WORST findings in the HISTORY of the TSSAA......I like MBA....but am APPALLED.....even more appalled at the way the TSSAA handled it. They are toothless.

On a more interesting note....KWOODRUFF...an MBA alumni brought up.....why would an offender this bad be TEACHING TSSAA recruiting rules to ANY school in DII this year...POLITICS..TSSAA equals....TOOTHLESS LION....they are bowing down. I HOPE MBA wins the DII state championship...... the most coveted football title in TN......I cannot wait to hear the outcry......MBA IS....I say again....IS eligible for the state championship.....on probation....YES but can win the state championship..eligible for post season play.....read the outcome.....WEAK.....it actually shows that DII schools are ABOVE the TSSAA....the TSSAA made a weak choice of punishment bc of powerful relationships and attorneys....seeing how weak the TSSAA is in punishment....if I was a DII school AD.......I would push it to the limit right now because DII evidently has the TSSAA's number and the TSSAA gives weak punishment to DII schools in their own division as long as they dont mess with DI. They have shown their colors.....I would be RECRUITING from EVERYWHERE and getting in the grey zone every day. It is evident the TSSAA has no backbone.

The body part(s) that TSSAA is missing should be hanging a little lower...

The body part(s) that TSSAA is missing should be hanging a little lower...

TSSAA should be ashamed. MBA, as the new article in the Tennessean states, had a complete lack of institutional control. Only MBA's current arrogance would allow them to continue to try and protect the administration.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120117/SPORTS07/301170022/Analysis-MBA-avoided-harsher-penalties?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Edited by newsoftheworldus

TSSAA should be ashamed. MBA, as the new article in the Tennessean states, had a complete lack of institutional control. Only MBA's current arrogance would allow them to continue to try and protect the administration.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120117/SPORTS07/301170022/Analysis-MBA-avoided-harsher-penalties?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

As long as Brad Gioia stays at that school there will be a black cloud. He needs to be a man, finally accept responsibility for all that has gone bad since he has been in leadership and step down. He needs to do it for the school, if he really cares anything about it. I doesnt really matter if he knew about wrong doings or not, he is the head of the school so it is his responsibility to know. Also, the parents need to demand that they have a say in who sits on the board. The board needs to be evaluated as well. It sounds like it is made up of daddy's with deep pockets controlling the school. The parents are all just sitting back and letting it happen. I don't really understand this. People, It is time for a change. It is time for a change!

I think it is time for people to know that the $1500.00 check given to Aaron Simonis was repaid to the school several years ago. It is sad to all who know this family to see how this situation continues to go on and on bringing pain to all those involved including the McGugins. It is time for all of us to move on.

It is a HUGE shame that two more families from Lebanon are going to be suffering now tnat the City Paper and the Tennessean have published their names totally unnecessarily.

Are you kidding me, paying the money back means nothing. I guess if I robbed a bank and paid it back I would not go to jail. I see a family that was angry because their son had to compete for position as opposed to it being given to him so he quit the team. Please dont say he quit because DM was mean to him or other players, because if DM was like that, he did not just start acting that way and it didnt seem to bother the young man when he was in the starting position. Now, in another area you have Brad Gioia desperately wanting to get rid of DM and saw this as an excellent opportunity, so Goia being the upstanding many he is.... used this young man and his family for his own gain and here we are, to your point brought pain to all involved and to many more. than It is not just this famly that has been affected. This has negatively affected many people, except for one person. You guessed it. Brad Gioia. He is still standing, and controlling every piece of that school and he will continue to do so.

Are you kidding me, paying the money back means nothing. I guess if I robbed a bank and paid it back I would not go to jail. I see a family that was angry because their son had to compete for position as opposed to it being given to him so he quit the team. Please dont say he quit because DM was mean to him or other players, because if DM was like that, he did not just start acting that way and it didnt seem to bother the young man when he was in the starting position. Now, in another area you have Brad Gioia desperately wanting to get rid of DM and saw this as an excellent opportunity, so Goia being the upstanding many he is.... used this young man and his family for his own gain and here we are, to your point brought pain to all involved and to many more. than It is not just this famly that has been affected. This has negatively affected many people, except for one person. You guessed it. Brad Gioia. He is still standing, and controlling every piece of that school and he will continue to do so.

In the story that Big Red followers just wish would go away but it looks as if it never will, following this morning's " lack of institutional" control article that newsoftheworld cited, The Nashville City Paper has just posted an article with a letter to the players from former coach McGugin giving his side of the story. It is at:

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/ex-coach-mcgugin-responds-tssaa-says-hes-not-blame-sanctions-against-mba

Some very interesting comments made by the former coach, some contradictory to claims made on this board, others raising new issues that are sure to keep this topic alive for a good while yet. Have not chewed on it myself yet, but intend to do so this evening with a glass of Pappy's.

Edited by BuckLateral

In the story that Big Red followers just wish would go away but it looks as if it never will, following this morning's " lack of institutional" control article that newsoftheworld cited, The Nashville City Paper has just posted an article with a letter to the players from former coach McGugin giving his side of the story. It is at:

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/ex-coach-mcgugin-responds-tssaa-says-hes-not-blame-sanctions-against-mba

Some very interesting comments made by the former coach, some contradictory to claims made on this board, others raining new issue that are sure to keep this topic alive for a good while yet. Have not chewed on it myself yet, but intend to do so this evening with a glass of Pappy's.

If Gioia doesnt go, the entire Board of Trustees needs to go and take Gioia with them. The shame on the school can only begin to heal with new leadership. Period.

If Gioia doesnt go, the entire Board of Trustees needs to go and take Gioia with them. The shame on the school can only begin to heal with new leadership. Period.

Gioia's ego won't even allow him to properly admit when he lied. Only the headmaster can allow tuition to go unpaid. There is no way he keeps his job. If he does, what does that tell you about the MBA board?

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/mba-tells-students-collection-problems-were-among-causes-tssaa-sanctions

Gioia's ego won't even allow him to properly admit when he lied. Only the headmaster can allow tuition to go unpaid. There is no way he keeps his job. If he does, what does that tell you about the MBA board?

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/mba-tells-students-collection-problems-were-among-causes-tssaa-sanctions

And the witch hunt continues.....

Correct. He is either a liar or he is incompetent. No matter which, he is unfit to lead MBA any longer. MBA is allowing the shame to remain as long as Gioia remains.

Mr. Gioia, fall on your sword and move on. You have a shot at leading again if you do. If you keep claiming goodhearted ignorance in the face of compelling and contrary evidence and common sense, you lose all credibility and a future in your chosen career. You are making yourself a laughing stock. You have shamed the school and it is time for you to go.