Cloudland @ Powell Valley

ScubaSam

Posted by splainshornet:
Posted by pujo:

I was,nt trying to be mean ,nor was I trying to get you to bet.This message board is only for fun. Nobody can win a football game on here,we just take our football serious at Cloudland. Were proud of team from the top to bottom.GO LANDERS

Proud as you should be the "Landers" are only 71-18 in the regular season since 1993.

Maybe you should practice a little bit of restrain instead of blowing up.

Dude...I'm not from Cloudland nor am I a fan, but I wouldn't throw their regular season record at them...

especially when PV is only 47-43 in the same time frame.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You choose your years well.Try from 94 until the present time.As all small public schools ,we will always have rebuilding years.93 just happened to be our worst one with a 2-8 record.The year before we went to the third round and lost to a power house BGA and Troy Fleeming.

Posted by KevB1990:
Posted by splainshornet:
Posted by pujo:

I was,nt trying to be mean ,nor was I trying to get you to bet.This message board is only for fun. Nobody can win a football game on here,we just take our football serious at Cloudland. Were proud of team from the top to bottom.GO LANDERS

Proud as you should be the "Landers" are only 71-18 in the regular season since 1993.

Maybe you should practice a little bit of restrain instead of blowing up.

Dude...I'm not from Cloudland nor am I a fan, but I wouldn't throw their regular season record at them...

especially when PV is only 47-43 in the same time frame.

I'm not from Powell Valley, I'm not even sure where it is.

I'd say being 71-18 is something to be proud of wouldn't you?

Posted by pujo:

You choose your years well.Try from 94 until the present time.As all small public schools ,we will always have rebuilding years.93 just happened to be our worst one with a 2-8 record.The year before we went to the third round and lost to a power house BGA and Troy Fleeming.

pujo,

You do mean O.J. Fleming right? Troy would be ineligible for the Vols if he played for BGA in 1992.

Posted by ScubaSam:

Thanks for all the input. I don't know how many of you are aware, but the Elizabethton Star has predicted Cloudland to win 62-10. Powell Valley will have their hands full, but how many Indian fans can see their team losing by 52 points?

Indian's losing by 52 points ??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Won't happen.........you'll see come tomorrow night !

GO INDIANS !!!!!

Posted by ScubaSam:
Posted by VolunteerGeneral:

I`ve never seen either team play, but I`m predicting Cloudland to romp all over Powell Valley. Powell Valley hasn`t beaten an instate school (don`t know about the 2 out of state schools) with a quality record.

Cloudland 49

Powell Valley 6

kvols1,

How can you justify a prediction if you have not seen either team play? Do you have some inside information about Cloudland or Powell Valley?

[Edited by ScubaSam on 10-17-02 9:05A]

[Edited by ScubaSam on 10-17-02 9:06A]

ScubaSam,

You misread.....read again......I didn't "predict" a score....VolunteerGeneral did.... He's the one who also hasn't seen either team play...........

What I will say is this:

We can all get on here & talk, talk, talk........ All our talk gets no place. There isn't any sense in getting rude & ugly with each other. The guys on that field tomorrow night will be the ones who decides it. As fans, we cheer our team & show respect for the opposing team. BTW, Yes, I have seen both teams play.

Everybody has their own opinion & that's what makes the world go round, otherwise, it would be a very dull world.

No, I don't agree that Powell Valley will get rolled over tomorrow night. Powell Valley is being underestimated, but thats just fine. :rolleyes: We, as fans, will support our Indian's tomorrow night proudly & anticipate the upset we know they can deliver!

We know that they have alot more to bring to that field than what everybody is giving them credit for !

"GO INDIANS" !!!!!

Posted by pujo:

Cloudland has given up 33 points in 7 games with their first team on the field.You do the math.If Powell Valley could score as many as all 7 teams combined they would still be 15 points shy of Cloudlands 7 game average.48 points per game.No disrespect to Powell Velley but anyone would have to admit, these numbers are pretty impressive.GO LANDERS

I just have a few things to say and hopefully, set the record straight.

Cloudland is a very good team, I will not disagree with that. I am just beginning to get a little tired of the arrogance being shown by some of their fans since the start of the season. What I mean is that every time I read anything on here about them, it always seems as if they are bragging and thinking they are the best thing since Porta-johns. You continually belittle and insult your former opponents, and contine to say it would have been worse if "The Dogs had not been called off". You make it sound as if your team is ready to play in the Super Bowl...and win. Reality check...you lost last year in the playoffs...this just means it is possible that you can lose again. Before you say it, yes, we lost last year in the playoffs, but we have not been on here bragging about how we stomped team A or team B throughout the season.

Most of the teams that Cloudland has played, have been weaker teams (no offense intended toward them). Because of this, it is easier for you to make statements like the one quoted above. We could also have ran up the majority of the scores in our games, but is it really worth it? It is degrading to the other teams and makes them feel belittled. Remember, these are still kids and there is no sense in scarring and degrading them like that.

If you really want to check into our stats from this season, we have had our JV in as early as the second quarter. We did this because we were not out to humiliate other teams, and we also were not as concerned about the number of points scored/given up as you are. The way I see it, if you win by 1 point, it is just as much of a win as if it were by 50 points. Also, by letting the JV play, it gives them some real feeing of what the game is like, instead of merely seeing it from the sidelines. I ask you, how many times has Cloudland not been concerned about their lead, and instead, given their JV a chance to play, and I don't mean the last minute or 2 of the 4th quarter? Don't forget, the reason for the game in the first place is for the kids to have fun.

Cloudland, you remind me of the story about the bully in school. He continually goes around beating up and threatening other kids. Well, I think you remember how the story ends. If you don't, maybe you need to read it again...before tomorrow night :D

No matter what happens in the game tomorrow night, we will still stand behind our boys, win or lose. After playing the way they have this year, they have nothing to be ashamed of. I know they have the ability to win and can do it if they want to. It would be nice to look back at the end of the game and point out that the point-spread didn't mean Jack.

GO INDIANS !!! :D:D:D:D

[Edited by PVHSrulz on 10-17-02 7:08P]

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I did'nt start this thread. I only anwsered the question started by someone from Powell Valley. I did not and have never went in here and belittled any of our opponents. Someone said that they were picking Powell Valley to win. The mumbers I gave were only to show why I did'nt believe that they could. We did'nt set out to have these numbers, they just happen to be this way. I can tell you it is NOT because we have played our starters the whole game, as a matter of fact the JVs have had about as much playing time as our starters. Our JV team is our second string for varsity. We won't be worried about the numbers tomorrow night either, all we worry about is getting better, every practice, every game. We take our football serious up here in the mountains. We're not playing to beat Powell Valley or Jellico, or Unaka etc. we're playing to go to Murfreesboro. Powell Valley just happens to be our next obstacle. We have about 18 seniors on this team that have played football since flag, when they were five. They want it bad. It is not a discredit to our team that we are good, they have worked their butts off, they even lift weights after practice. Now that's dedication. If people don't want to here predictions, then don't ask for it. GO LANDERS!!!!!! My prediction, because I havn't give one yet, is 48-6. I beleive our JV's will probably get to play. Maybe the last two minutes or so. LOL

Guest meatman
Posted by PVHSrulz:
Posted by pujo:

Cloudland has given up 33 points in 7 games with their first team on the field.You do the math.If Powell Valley could score as many as all 7 teams combined they would still be 15 points shy of Cloudlands 7 game average.48 points per game.No disrespect to Powell Velley but anyone would have to admit, these numbers are pretty impressive.GO LANDERS

I just have a few things to say and hopefully, set the record straight.

Cloudland is a very good team, I will not disagree with that. I am just beginning to get a little tired of the arrogance being shown by some of their fans since the start of the season. What I mean is that every time I read anything on here about them, it always seems as if they are bragging and thinking they are the best thing since Porta-johns. You continually belittle and insult your former opponents, and contine to say it would have been worse if "The Dogs had not been called off". You make it sound as if your team is ready to play in the Super Bowl...and win. Reality check...you lost last year in the playoffs...this just means it is possible that you can lose again. Before you say it, yes, we lost last year in the playoffs, but we have not been on here bragging about how we stomped team A or team B throughout the season.

Most of the teams that Cloudland has played, have been weaker teams (no offense intended toward them). Because of this, it is easier for you to make statements like the one quoted above. We could also have ran up the majority of the scores in our games, but is it really worth it? It is degrading to the other teams and makes them feel belittled. Remember, these are still kids and there is no sense in scarring and degrading them like that.

If you really want to check into our stats from this season, we have had our JV in as early as the second quarter. We did this because we were not out to humiliate other teams, and we also were not as concerned about the number of points scored/given up as you are. The way I see it, if you win by 1 point, it is just as much of a win as if it were by 50 points. Also, by letting the JV play, it gives them some real feeing of what the game is like, instead of merely seeing it from the sidelines. I ask you, how many times has Cloudland not been concerned about their lead, and instead, given their JV a chance to play, and I don't mean the last minute or 2 of the 4th quarter? Don't forget, the reason for the game in the first place is for the kids to have fun.

Cloudland, you remind me of the story about the bully in school. He continually goes around beating up and threatening other kids. Well, I think you remember how the story ends. If you don't, maybe you need to read it again...before tomorrow night :D

No matter what happens in the game tomorrow night, we will still stand behind our boys, win or lose. After playing the way they have this year, they have nothing to be ashamed of. I know they have the ability to win and can do it if they want to. It would be nice to look back at the end of the game and point out that the point-spread didn't mean Jack.

GO INDIANS !!! :D:D:D:D

[Edited by PVHSrulz on 10-17-02 7:08P]

I agree with Pujo, his observations make it look like you are lacking confidence. If you truly stood behind your team, like you say you do, then it wouldn't disgruntle you in putting a little pride in your team. We have the knowledge that our Boys (*kids*) can, and will, beat yours.

Technically, we aren't bragging, because when you look at it, we have done all the things that we say we have. We aren't disrespecting any other teams, belittling what have you, we can't help it if other teams are not as talented nor work as hard as the 'Landers do. If you want to see the sheer "love of the game", come to a single practice... not only to see how they play, but what they do, and how the Coaches run it. I feel that if the fans want to be, as you call it- 'arrogant', then they have the right to be, has your team made it "all the way to state"?

So you think that our JV hasn't played as much as they should be allowed to? Our JV's have had almost as much playing time as the Varsity. For example; if you will go back to our last game, the 'Landers had accumulated 60+ points before the sound of the Half Time buzzer. So, I am saying our JV has seen an abundance of playing time compared to other JV teams. Not being counter-productive, but maybe if your Varsity would spend as much time on the field as Ours, then they might be half as good as you think they are.

Good luck, may the better team win. See you in the stands, and your score in the lower rank. 48-8 Cloudland

Go 'Landers!!!

All I want to see is two teams play hard every play, which will happen. The better team will win, whether it is Cloudland or Powell Valley. I have seen both teams on film and live and to think this is going to be easy for either team is just plain dumb and arrogance. Powell Valley has to match the Cloudland intensity to win, and Cloudland has to to do more than "think" they are going to win (PV is a lot better that Jellico, North Greene, etc). From my standpoint, the Highlanders are overlooking and the Indians are quick and strong enough to match Cloudland. This will be a great game!

Believe me Cloudland isn't overlooking Powell Valley. I was

at practice today and they are more focused for this game than I have seen them in a while. They take one game at a time and they don't overlook anybody. They, as well as the coaching staff know that any team can win on any given Friday night. This should be a great game. As I said earlier, these guys are hungry to get back to the "BIG GAME"

and this is just another step for them.

Lets go CHS fans- get behind those landers like you did at

Cherokee.

Go Landers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1