Blount County rivals

plumb69

Alcoa takes down Maryville in a close game Thursday night. How good is this Tornado team? How deep a playoff run does Coach Jones have this bunch ready to make?

Alcoa is a good team for sure but not a state championship contender, imo. They don't shoot it well enough from outside and won't be able to "out athlete" upper echelon AA teams. I do think making the state tourney is a reasonable goal but even that won't be easy with the likes of Fulton, A-E, CAK, and Stone Memorial, who laid 90 points on them last night.

coach jones will have to do more than what he is doing now to get these boys to the state! After the thumping stone gave them the other night! Looks like he may have to re-think his chess game! That maybe good for his ego!

I wouldnt look to much into that thumping at Stone...Jones knew he was in a no win situation up there,and yes Stone may have taken one of his pawns but the game of chess isnt just 1 little battle its a bunch of battles and so far it looks like he and his team still have a chance to put East Tn AA basketball in checkmate.

Big game tonight for the rebels as they take on Bearden for 2nd in the District, Bhs has been playin really good as of late but if the rebels take care of the ball and shoot it decent i can see an upset...

Alcoa is on the road at Scott Co tonight, this should be their last real test in the district, but playing 6 games in the next 10 days may wear on them..(guess im making excuses already for the FEB 10th rematch.LOL)

• 2 weeks later...