Who are the top AAA teams in each part of the state?

HSbaseballguru

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Serrano's kid?

If I moved into Knox County and my choice of baseball programs were Bearden, West, Karns, Catholic, Lenoir City, etc, etc, there would be no question I would have chosen Farragut. Cant blame Serrano for that. Not to mention his future shortstop and center fielder are playing at Farragut right now. I would have done the same thing.

If I moved into Knox County and my choice of baseball programs were Bearden, West, Karns, Catholic, Lenoir City, etc, etc, there would be no question I would have chosen Farragut. Cant blame Serrano for that. Not to mention his future shortstop and center fielder are playing at Farragut right now. I would have done the same thing.

Heard Serrano broke a rib. Is that true? If so, how long is he out?

If I had my choice of schools and the money for a private school, I would select CAK and Farragut's former coach, Tom Farr. Farragut attracts talent; Tom Farr enhances it and creates it. No offense towards Coach Buckner, but Farr has a great history that speaks for itself. I know a lot of the current kids and parents at Farragut, and you have to give the parents a lot of credit in this as well. They put up a lot of money for private lessons and travel ball to keep their kids in it year round. You can't hide money.

If I had my choice of schools and the money for a private school, I would select CAK and Farragut's former coach, Tom Farr. Farragut attracts talent; Tom Farr enhances it and creates it. No offense towards Coach Buckner, but Farr has a great history that speaks for itself. I know a lot of the current kids and parents at Farragut, and you have to give the parents a lot of credit in this as well. They put up a lot of money for private lessons and travel ball to keep their kids in it year round. You can't hide money.

If my kid was good I would send him to Farragut. If he was marginal I would go private so he would play either in AA or in a small private division. Big Fish, Small Pond. I am not saying a CAK or some other private isn't good but if you want your kid challenged you play AAA ball in Tennessee...Period.

Edited by Soxfan1

No question about that. Coach Pharr is the best coach around. I was only talking about AAA, but CAK would have to be in that conversation if money was no object. The parents do have to take some credit being able to provide their kids with lessons and travel teams to play on... but more importantly they can instill a work ethic in them. Thats free. Thats what the Farragut Baseball program has been based on for years. Its been a while since ive been near the program but I know that it started with Coach Pharr and continues with Coach Buckner. Yes there have been very talented individuals to go through the program, but realistically those great players didnt get that way with lessons. They got that way by working harder than the next guy: i.e. Michael McKenry, Kyle Waldrop, Craig Cobb, Nick Williams, Nicky Delmonico, Philip Pfeifer, etc. They all had an incredible work ethic that rubbed off on the rest of the team. That is what the program has been built on... not money.

If my kid was good I would send him to Farragut. If he was marginal I would go private so he would play either in AA or in a small private division. Big Fish, Small Pond. I am not saying a CAK or some other private isn't good but if you want your kid challenged you play AAA ball in Tennessee...Period.

I agree with you but you cannot talk to these 1A 2AA people

Edited by FightinIllini

You asked what players Farragut pulled in. My reply was Serrano's kid. I didn't criticize his decision to put his kid at Farragut or take a shot at the school. I simply answered your question. If I lived in Knox County and could "choose" where my kid went to school and played baseball, I would probably choose Farragut as well.