heres a wild solution........

mchsballer

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by mchsballer:

why dont they just leave it alone,and let us just play ball .its obvious tssaa has too much time on their hands.let us play ball

Wait! There are major problems with this idea!

1. It makes entirely too much sense.

2. You sound like a high school athlete. There is no way you can know what is best for you. Let the coaches and parents decide.

3. Split proponents would no longer have a reason to post on this board!

4. Everyone knows that private schools are taking over TN high school athletics. Thet must be stopped!

Seriously my friend, you are exactly right IMO.

Posted by Antwan:
Posted by mchsballer:

why dont they just leave it alone,and let us just play ball .its obvious tssaa has too much time on their hands.let us play ball

I didn't know you ever stopped playing ball. :confused:

not yet,but if they dont quit screwin w/ the system,alot of people will.they should just let well enough alone.

Posted by mchsballer:
Posted by Antwan:
Posted by mchsballer:

I didn't know you ever stopped playing ball. :confused:

not yet,but if they dont quit screwin w/ the system,alot of people will.they should just let well enough alone.

What are you talking about? Please elaborate.

well,its kinda obvious that there isnt a HUGE dillema and tssaa wants to make a big deal out of something thats ok.maybe im not informed enough here,but i know for a fact tssaa has WAY too much time on there hands,and come up w/ silly rules that dont help anything,b/c theres really no prob in thje first place,and they make it a problem.people will soon get tired of it,and quit.yeah,im sure thats tssaa motives.to lose money and programs,and they will.,it should be fun!

Posted by gobigred:
Posted by mchsballer:

2. You sound like a high school athlete. There is no way you can know what is best for you. Let the coaches and parents decide.

4. Everyone knows that private schools are taking over TN high school athletics. Thet must be stopped!

lol,yeah i am a high school athelete,and im probably not the only one who feels this way on the subject.im a public school supporter all the way,but im not gonna sit here and debate over which is better,public or private,b/c in pub. opinion,pub. is better,and privy's think privy is better,so its the same thing,and its not worth it.TSSAA needs to grow up,and figure out high school athletics is forUS,and not them.like i said,i maybe a little uninformed here,but tssaa needs to wake up and realize,w/o atheletes,there is no them,and there stupid little rules are not helping anyone,not even them.

Posted by mchsballer:
Posted by gobigred:
Posted by mchsballer:

lol,yeah i am a high school athelete,and im probably not the only one who feels this way on the subject.im a public school supporter all the way,but im not gonna sit here and debate over which is better,public or private,b/c in pub. opinion,pub. is better,and privy's think privy is better,so its the same thing,and its not worth it.TSSAA needs to grow up,and figure out high school athletics is forUS,and not them.like i said,i maybe a little uninformed here,but tssaa needs to wake up and realize,w/o atheletes,there is no them,and there stupid little rules are not helping anyone,not even them.

What rules are you talking about?

Mostly the softball rules they decided to come up w/this year.the bat stamp rule,thats stupid,i mean,kids go out and buy their new bats,and then find out they cant use them b/c they dont have the stamp,they spend 200 dollars so they cant use it,and i dunno about you,but we couldnt afford to buy 2 $200 bats in a year.then they say you could go get them staped but majorty were told the couldnt.also thie thing w/the scrunchie rule,and not bein able to tie your sleeves up.im a pitcher,and need them pulled up,so i dont burn completely up out there.i figure they probably just sit around in their office all day,and pull all these ideas out of a hat,then figure out more ways to P people off.

by the way,do you work or side w/ tssaa?b/c you just seem to have questions and no responses.J/W :o

Posted by mchsballer:

Mostly the softball rules they decided to come up w/this year.the bat stamp rule,thats stupid,i mean,kids go out and buy their new bats,and then find out they cant use them b/c they dont have the stamp,they spend 200 dollars so they cant use it,and i dunno about you,but we couldnt afford to buy 2 $200 bats in a year.then they say you could go get them staped but majorty were told the couldnt.also thie thing w/the scrunchie rule,and not bein able to tie your sleeves up.im a pitcher,and need them pulled up,so i dont burn completely up out there.i figure they probably just sit around in their office all day,and pull all these ideas out of a hat,then figure out more ways to P people off.

by the way,do you work or side w/ tssaa?b/c you just seem to have questions and no responses.J/W :o

No, I was just wondering what rules you were referring to. I agree on the scrunchie thing and the bat thing. I don't know what that has to do with public and private, but that's alright. :confused:

No, I was just wondering what rules you were referring to. I agree on the scrunchie thing and the bat thing. I don't know what that has to do with public and private, but that's alright. :confused:

it doesnt really have anything to do w/ the pub. priv. issue,your right.i figure im gonna do a little more "research"on this issue,until i start in full on in this debate.

:o

Posted by mchsballer:

by the way,do you work or side w/ tssaa?b/c you just seem to have questions and no responses.J/W :)

The scrunchie rule... completely stupid! The bat rule...coaches and players were told of this rule being put into effect 2 or 3 years ahead of time. A lot of sporting goods dealers mislead players when selling these bats. They were tring to unload merchandise that was going to be virtualy worthless in a year or so. This is not the TSSAA on this one it is ASA, the governing body of softball and it is all about saftey. Now, with that said.... that stamp turns out not to mean a hill of beans. In mens slo-pitch this year ASA had approved the Miken Ultra for all league and tournament play. It was tested and had the stamp of approval on it. But apearantly the bat company did not stick within the guidelines on making the bats and they were banned right before the state tournaments. (along with some other bats) The stamp means nothing when the bat companies are the ones putting them on the bats, not ASA. I have also heard that the stamp has been forged and is being stamped by individuals on illegal bats.

[Edited by imasoftballer on 10-21-02 2:17P]