Is CPA In Trouble?

howdoitknow

What Do You Think?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. If CPA played a student-athlete who was declared ineligible by the TSSAA should they have to vacate their wins over the course of the season as a result?

If you'll check the handbook for TSSAA-"repeating rules" in section 7 and section 8 they are completely 100% contradicting. Someone over there needs to proof read their rules before they send them off to print .

Lights, Camera, Action.... How is it 100% contradicting?

Section 7 deals with a student who passes the 7th or 8th grade and chooses to repeat one of those years and how it affects his high school eligibility during his 9th GRADE YEAR.

Section 8 deals with a student who repeats the 8th grade and how he is not eligible to play high school basketball during the year he is repeating the 8th GRADE.

Put the two together and Section 7 makes an 8th grader who chooses to repeat the 8th grade after passing ineligible to play high school basketball both his 8th and 9th GRADE YEARS.

Section 8 makes an 8th grader who repeats because he did not pass the 8th grade in the first place ineligible for HS basketball during repeating the 8th GRADE YEAR.

Either way an 8th grader repeating the 8th grade (pass or fail/returning student or a student who changes schools) is not eligible to play HS basketball during the year he is repeating the 8th grade.

Now I don't remember anyone mentioning this player was illegally recruited and I do agree how it is the student-athlete who is hurt the most and that is sad. Same old system, as BoDawgs has made reference to, adults, players and coaches who end up exploting or hurting student-athletes under the guise of "regulations too stringent or confusing" or "best interest of the student." And the next generation of kids grows up ready to replace these adults. Maybe there is much more at stake than we realize, because the kids are watching.

How did I do? Did I hit my cues? How was hair and make-up? ;)

Section 7 deals with a student who passes the 7th or 8th grade and chooses to repeat one of those years and how it affects his high school eligibility during his 9th GRADE YEAR.

Section 8 deals with a student who repeats the 8th grade and how he is not eligible to play high school basketball during the year he is repeating the 8th GRADE.

Put the two together and Section 7 makes an 8th grader who chooses to repeat the 8th grade after passing ineligible to play high school basketball both his 8th and 9th GRADE YEARS.

Section 8 makes an 8th grader who repeats because he did not pass the 8th grade in the first place ineligible for HS basketball during repeating the 8th GRADE YEAR.

Either way an 8th grader repeating the 8th grade (pass or fail/returning student or a student who changes schools) is not eligible to play HS basketball during the year he is repeating the 8th grade.

Now I don't remember anyone mentioning this player was illegally recruited and I do agree how it is the student-athlete who is hurt the most and that is sad. Same old system, as BoDawgs has made reference to, adults, players and coaches who end up exploting or hurting student-athletes under the guise of "regulations too stringent or confusing" or "best interest of the student." And the next generation of kids grows up ready to replace these adults. Maybe there is much more at stake than we realize, because the kids are watching.

Fact? :)

I thought you did well, definitely hit all your cues, now the hair was a bit on the wild side but make-up was good :roflol:

Edited by devilfanatic

Facts you omitted.....

1.). You are a former cpa coach that was relieved of his duties that still has an ax to grind 6 plus years later.

2.). You have written letters to the board at CPA with allegations of wrongdoing before that have been vetted and investigated and found to be without merit

3.). That CPA has a letter from the Assistant Executive Director of the TSSAA regarding the 8th grader in question which states " I apologize for the situation with the young man that transferred and is repeating the 8th grade. I simply missed it. "

4. ). That numerous friends and individuals from the CPA community have asked you several times to quit posting unfounded allegations in this forum, but you continue this very personal campaign of attacks against the school and it's staff.

It is obvious you have a personal vendetta against CPA. You would find so much more peace in your life if you could just forgive those that you feel wronged you and just let it go.

I'm praying for you coach brooks. I wish peace in your life.

Edited by coach77

Facts you omitted.....

1.). You are a former cpa coach that was relieved of his duties that still has an ax to grind 6 plus years later.

2.). You have written letters to the board at CPA with allegations of wrongdoing before that have been vetted and investigated and found to be without merit

3.). That CPA has a letter from the Assistant Executive Director of the TSSAA regarding the 8th grader in question which states " I apologize for the situation with the young man that transferred and is repeating the 8th grade. I simply missed it. "

4. ). That numerous friends and individuals from the CPA community have asked you several times to quit posting unfounded allegations in this forum, but you continue this very personal campaign of attacks against the school and it's staff.

It is obvious you have a personal vendetta against CPA. You would find so much more peace in your life if you could just forgive those that you feel wronged you and just let it go.

I'm praying for you coach brooks. I wish peace in your life.

1. ax to grind - false

2. some true/some false - need to define "without merit" since merit has been found at some level (an admission that sin and flesh was involved in process and regret over how process was handled), but true in KB case (which not the issue here), have yet to produce result of complete resolution and reconciliation.

3. false - kbrks referenced that in an earlier post even saying in this case and at this time not a criticism of CPA, but this was not the context of this post that said TSSAA rules were in contradiction of one another. kbrks did, as did others, simply wondered why the school would attempt to certify the eligibility in the first place. A simple question.

4a. numerous friends and individuals/asking several times - false (no friends I am aware of have asked and the term numerous is a stretch)

4b. unfounded allegations - false, there have been no unfounded allegations made, all statements have a foundation.

5. personal vendetta - false (that is a judgement of the heart which I don' think you or anyone is in position to make, though I understand why some may think it.)

6. Praying for KB and wishing peace - thank you

Again I understand why it is done, but I am not the one talking about six years ago unless confronted with an issue related to it, certain CPA fans are the ones who do since they falsely assume it is about KB. Far bigger issues involved then KB.

1. ax to grind - false

2. some true/some false - need to define "without merit" since merit has been found at some level (an admission that sin and flesh was involved in process and regret over how process was handled), but true in KB case (which not the issue here), have yet to produce result of complete resolution and reconciliation.

3. false - kbrks referenced that in an earlier post even saying in this case and at this time not a criticism of CPA, but this was not the context of this post that said TSSAA rules were in contradiction of one another. kbrks did, as did others, simply wondered why the school would attempt to certify the eligibility in the first place. A simple question.

4a. numerous friends and individuals/asking several times - false (no friends I am aware of have asked and the term numerous is a stretch)

4b. unfounded allegations - false, there have been no unfounded allegations made, all statements have a foundation.

5. personal vendetta - false (that is a judgement of the heart which I don' think you or anyone is in position to make, though I understand why some may think it.)

6. Praying for KB and wishing peace - thank you

Again I understand why it is done, but I am not the one talking about six years ago unless confronted with an issue related to it, certain CPA fans are the ones who do since they falsely assume it is about KB. Far bigger issues involved then KB.

Ok. Facts amended....

1). You are the Former coach at cpa who was reliieved of his duties and replaced by the current staff you keep accusing of illegal recruiting activity.

2.). You have made these allegations of illegal recruiting at CPA on this forum and in writing to the CPA board.

3). You were Asked to stop making such allegations after an investigation into them was completed and no violationss were found.

4. You continue to make these allegations but have not provided evidence to back up your claims in order that the TSSAA or the board at CPA can verify them.

5. The Only violation of any rule in basketball so far that can be proven at CPA was playing a transfer student that was initially ruled eligible then ineligible by TSSAA.

6. A TSSAA executive took full blame for the error in a letter to CPA and apologized to CPA and to the family involved.

These are the facts. With these facts in mind.....

Simple question for you krks?

Why do you continue this campaign of allegations of impropriety at CPA coupled with innuendo and personal attacks against the staff? If they are doing wrong then send in the evidence to prove it. So far everything you have alleged has been refuted, proven false, or not enough evidence was found to support your claims. In several cases I am aware of there were clear explanations refuting your claims. In fact they were so clear that they made your allegations combined with your status as a former coach seem to imply that your motives are not a quest for the truth as youve claimed but rather they give "the appearance " of a someone with a personal vendetta. Especially since you won't stop after 6 plus years of providing no proof for your claims.

So I ask.....why not move on and regain peace in your life? The hours you devote to this forum and your allegations against cpa give "the appearance" that you are obsessed with getting some kind of vengeance. So obsessed that it iappears very unhealthy. Even if you are not obsessed you still give the appearance you are by your actions.

In a previous post you were preaching the importance of managing appearances to biblical standards so i will put that same question back to you. Why keep the campaign up if you are giving off an unhealthy appearance and also hurting others in the process?

Isnt it Time to release yourself from this burden and move on?

If the cheating you claim is so widespread is happening then you should be able to prove it. If you are right and can prove it then i will join you in your demands for staff changes at CPA . But until you have proof for your claims you are hurting people needlessly and showing yourself to be very wreckless in the process. Please stop with your claims until you have proof.

Ok. Facts amended.... These are the facts. With these facts in mind.....Simple question for you krks? Why do you continue...

Once again, you (a CPA supporter) provide the perfect example of why kbrks posts. You come across so authoritative, so knowledgeable and use words like fact and know when you really do not. And if someone who actually did know did not confront these types of posts it would leave the reader with the wrong impression. Sorry, that is not right. I have been willing to meet with anyone and have asked anyone to prove any of my statements as not being true (which hasn’t happened yet). Certain people read and make the direct jump to false accusations without pointing out which statement is false (how convenient). With those factors being the case, there is really nothing more I can offer. I know a person can be in disagreement or have a different opinion without having a vendetta or a grudge or an ax to grind, etc.

Now are you sure these are the facts this time since this is labeled facts amended? Actually here is a fact/truth for you. I have sent two pieces of communication (one April of 2011 and if I remember correctly the other spring of 2010) regarding the recruiting issue to CPA administrators. Regardless of past disagreements, I felt that was my responsibility. You post for ALL TO SEE who visit this thread, “You (KB) were Asked to stop making such allegations after an investigation into them was completed and no violations were found.†Let me say as LOUD AND CLEAR as I possibly can - At no time has KB been asked (unless you count a poster on coachT, which does not count since that is not the proper context) or has anyone called or met with KB regarding this issue even though it was stated in the April of 2011 communication, “I am asking to be informed of what steps you will be taking.†I do not know where you are getting your information, but I will be more than happy to meet with you and the person(s) in a face to face scenario. And once you realize you have been misinformed, I trust you will be back on these boards setting the record straight and offering an apology.

P.S. – What do you mean by “The Only violation of any rule in basketball so far that can be proven at CPA was playing a transfer student that was initially ruled eligible then ineligible by TSSAA.†First, why did I read in the paper this week of CPA vacating a win in the November game with Station Camp? Second, you’d have to clarify what time period (e.g. “so farâ€) you are covering for this to be a true statement because that wouldn’t be the case if you were making reference to all seasons since 2006-07. This is a simple reminder to be careful what you post as not to give the wrong impression.

P.S.S. Looks like you need to amend those facts once again. Question - Can they be facts if you have to continue amending them?

i do not claim to be an expert, but i have bene around TN high school sports long enough to know what goes on in some cases. it is no secret CPA, and every other private school, do things to get around the recruitment rule. one player's family makes a monetary gift to another player's family which that family in turn uses to pay tuition (see Mason at CPA a few years ago). if was a gift, the school was not involved so to say, and a family can use a gift for anything, including tuition so it is ok as long as the coach or school did not give the money to to the player. it happens other places as well, just not CPA.

it is also no secret parents are offered employment so their child can attend for free or at a discount and they just happen to be a superstar athlete. no way to say legally that no you cannot hire a parent at a school just because their kid plays sports. the best example of this although it is not a private school is Shelbyville in their hay day with Insell as coach. Miraclouslly his best AAU players always seemed to end up moving to an apartment complex he owned in Shelbyville, get a job for a business his son ran, and it was mere circumstance this happened. Insell got smart and moved on to the level where he can recruit legally and it shows with the talent he gets at MTSU because of his years of practice at Shelbyville.

this is not a problem limited to private schools, it happens everywhere. even in Williamson County. A kid will purposely pick a program of studies that is not offered at their zoned school, so they get to attend the school that has their program. Why do you think Franklin High is the only one in that county that offers culinary arts, the IB program, automotive classes?

fact of the matter is these things happen whether the school is public or private. until the TSSAA decides to enforce the rules in every case and enforce them equally, schools and coaches will continue to make efforts to get around the rules.

i do not claim to be an expert, but i have bene around TN high school sports long enough to know what goes on in some cases. it is no secret CPA, and every other private school, do things to get around the recruitment rule. one player's family makes a monetary gift to another player's family which that family in turn uses to pay tuition (see Mason at CPA a few years ago). if was a gift, the school was not involved so to say, and a family can use a gift for anything, including tuition so it is ok as long as the coach or school did not give the money to to the player. it happens other places as well, just not CPA.

it is also no secret parents are offered employment so their child can attend for free or at a discount and they just happen to be a superstar athlete. no way to say legally that no you cannot hire a parent at a school just because their kid plays sports. the best example of this although it is not a private school is Shelbyville in their hay day with Insell as coach. Miraclouslly his best AAU players always seemed to end up moving to an apartment complex he owned in Shelbyville, get a job for a business his son ran, and it was mere circumstance this happened. Insell got smart and moved on to the level where he can recruit legally and it shows with the talent he gets at MTSU because of his years of practice at Shelbyville.

this is not a problem limited to private schools, it happens everywhere. even in Williamson County. A kid will purposely pick a program of studies that is not offered at their zoned school, so they get to attend the school that has their program. Why do you think Franklin High is the only one in that county that offers culinary arts, the IB program, automotive classes?

fact of the matter is these things happen whether the school is public or private. until the TSSAA decides to enforce the rules in every case and enforce them equally, schools and coaches will continue to make efforts to get around the rules.

Great post!

easy,easy fix. just put all privates and d1 and d2 together and let them recruitt theirselfs all they want.but at no point should a private school be in a district with a public.it's not equal,it never will be equal and i don't care who made the rules.put all privates and d's together.break them up in district's and let'm have at it.no way anybody or anything can explain or tell me a public school has an equal advaantage as a private.all this mess ive read on here explains most of it.

easy,easy fix. just put all privates and d1 and d2 together and let them recruitt theirselfs all they want.but at no point should a private school be in a district with a public.it's not equal,it never will be equal and i don't care who made the rules.put all privates and d's together.break them up in district's and let'm have at it.no way anybody or anything can explain or tell me a public school has an equal advaantage as a private.all this mess ive read on here explains most of it.

What do you do with the open enrollment, magnet schools and the public schools such as Oak Ridge, Maryville, Alcoa, Anderson County, et.al. that always seem to legally have rosters containing players that aren't zoned there or are "recruited" there?