Is CPA In Trouble?

howdoitknow

What Do You Think?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. If CPA played a student-athlete who was declared ineligible by the TSSAA should they have to vacate their wins over the course of the season as a result?

To the earlier poster pointing out that krbrks didn't start this thread.,... I know he didn't but I have silently read his posts on here for years and feel like he should be held to a higher standard. He started his campaign of accusations a long time ago.

Where do I even begin without writing a book? Hope you can make it to the end without losing focus. Let’s start with the most obvious. If I have made a false statement then produce the statement(s) and show where it is false. Don’t continue to talk in generalities. When I see false statements, like the ones you make, I deal with the statement, showing where it is wrong. One of many examples related to your posts is when you issued a strong, but completely false statement, “You (KB) were Asked to stop making such allegations after an investigation into them was completed and no violations were found.†The truth is I received no response and I know if any investigation did take place, it was not complete because key individuals were not contacted. So even though you make a false statement and you are shown it is wrong, it doesn’t appear to even bother you. You, like too many other CPA posters who follow the very same approach, just move into the next post, making claims you cannot support, attacking the person. It certainly doesn’t support that you are concerned about the truth. If not concerned about truth in this area, how can you possibly convince anyone else you are supporting truth in the topics that show up on coachT regarding CPA? Now I ask, who is operating at the higher standard?

We do agree on higher standard, we disagree on how it should be applied. I am opposed to cyber bullying. I am opposed to individuals hiding behind screen names, in secret, thinking it allows them the right to say what they want without accountability. It is no different than people and parents who hide and work behind the scenes in secret to push forth their agenda, using money and influence, not truth, to hurt coaches/teachers and their families. I got involved as a coachT poster because there were too many CPA posters (now I can add your name to the list), those who should be representing the “C in CPA†who were insensitive and/or demeaning to me (before I ever made one post and more so now that I do post) and other posters by making false statements, attacking personally, name calling, displaying pride and arrogance, etc. – those who hide behind their screen names and have no problem with that approach.

There are those who lob their grenades to those on the outside as some on the outside lob their grenades back at CPA. My conclusion – they know it is easier to get away with it because they know those on the outside, aren’t privy enough to really know what is true or what is not. Someone like me, for the sake of truth (and let’s not forget an integral part of the CPA posted philosophy of Live In Truth), provides a balance as a way to work towards the truth. It certainly won’t come from those who are more about protecting the image. I couldn’t achieve this objective if I hide behind a screen name like you, now could I. (Sportfreak – does that answer your question once and for all because it is not the first time it has been answered? Gee, I guess some things are worth repeating and it is not like beating a dead horse.) I ask again, whether others agree with my perspective or not, who is operating at the higher standard? Is it those who hide behind their screen names?

What do I hope to achieve? One objective is to bring a higher standard into the system. As long as the mocking and cyber bullying continues, the objective remains. (You and others, particularly in the educational environment, should go back and read the posts you make hiding behind your screen name before you teach students/children about cyber bullying. And if you don’t think it is then you don’t understand the definitions, much like many don’t understand the definitions of the TSSAA rules.) Does that provide an alternate perspective that it is more about pursuing a personal vendetta? Of course it does, but will it change the mind of those who simply want to believe what they want to believe no matter what information is provided due to the agenda they wish to protect? We’ll see. If you don’t have the proof to support your case, attack the individual, the age-old courtroom trick and we are in the courtroom of public opinion. Those who truly want to operate at a higher standard should pursue a different approach.

Now let’s talk about this idea of false and unfounded accusations with a very simplistic example. A parent from another school admits to another person there is a coach (outside the context of the player on a school visit set up by the admissions office), telling the parent the son should come to the coach’s school, it will be better for the player’s college future. You can’t say there is not a foundation, there is a foundation that needs a thorough investigation with a willingness for everyone to be honest. They have to be willing to put aside personal consequence, getting someone in trouble, losing out on private lessons or AAU participation, etc., etc., for the sake of truth, but that is too much to ask of some, too much at risk for them to lose, but it is a necessity. In regards to this particular topic, I can’t help what information is in the hands of others, those who I do describe as credible sources.

And if testimony is really important then the scrutiny should be embraced and the truth pursued, no one can ask any more, but that has yet to fully happen. It is not my fault, I am not creating the information. I am simply speaking against those who don’t know what they are talking about, but who say all accusations are false and unfounded and viciously attack others in the process as a way to defend their school. If you possess the truth you don’t have to be defensive or rely on making false statements about others (which you and others have already done) to build your case. And when you do make a false statement, you have one higher standard response – biblical repentance. This includes judging other people’s motives. Does anyone honestly know my motive, even though they claim they know? I will give you some credit, at least you tried to frame it within appearances before making your final judgment about motive.

Coach77 posts, “Krbks, I think anyone that spends time on here and reads your posts can figure out your motivation†is stated as a negative. But as you note from this thread alone (and there are others) that do not see it that way, so using “anyone†is not accurate. There are those who respect others willingness to take a stand at the expense of personal attack and/or consequence. You also post “People that read your accusations have the right to know your past association with the school and how it ended.†Nothing I am trying to hide, but it is wrong to think that a past association automatically disqualifies me of my 1st amendment right of freedom of speech. And all I can say is you really don’t want to open the door “how it ended,†this would not help the testimony of CPA, because again I have nothing to hide. There are those who mistakenly think the way it ended is the reason I have some type of personal vendetta. The way it ended simply opened my eyes to what people are willing to do regardless of what they say they believe – compromising values along the way to push forth a certain agenda no matter what the cost to people. Another life lesson learned, one I will always disagree with, but not affecting this or allowing it to embitter me. My goodness, it happened six years ago, quit trying to use it as my motivation for everything that happens and think it disqualifies me from expressing views and beliefs.

If you are truly concerned and “praying†then a better approach is to place a phone call, set up a meeting and talk to someone face to face. This posting approach of hiding behind a screen name only presents a sanctimonious, arrogant, religious (not Christian) type approach as has already been noted by another poster. Wouldn’t a meeting, like I have offered to anyone, be operating at a higher standard? Now let’s wait for the responses, hmmmm, I wonder if it will change anyone’s perspective….

Sorry to some posters for the length (since that alone will be a source of criticism). I know how some don’t like to read, which includes reading the TSSAA rules…. What happened to the debate that TSSAA was 100% in contradiction within its section of rules in regards to 8th grade participation? That didn’t last long.

What about the debate that only a recruiting violation if school staff involved? TSSAA Recruiting Rule - Section 17. Athletic recruiting is prohibited. Athletic recruiting is the use of influence on a student or the parents or guardians of a student, by any person(s) directly or indirectly associated with the school, to secure or retain a student for athletic purposes... There is a poster who has a personal story of a recruiting violation and based on the current context of how it is stated and until resolved, no CPA poster can say, “there is no foundation of a recruiting violation, quit making false accusations.†Devilfanatic posts, “My youngest son was approached by a booster of CPA when he was in middle school playing AAU so i do know what i'm talking about. … implied by someone that wanted him to play there.†The more information revealed, even in its innocence which is how most of it is revealed, what does it support? (And it should not matter if every other school in the state of TN is doing it – we are talking about those who have a higher standard – Live In Truth. And Live in Truth adds a whole other factor – testimony. There are those who mistakenly think the only reason CPA testimony is being affected negatively is by false accusations. Wrong – this is where appearances come into play.)

Where is the answer to why the school, with the rules in place, would even pursue a repeating 8th grader’s eligibility in the first place? Could be a simple answer, but no one has seen it yet. So many questions remain unanswered, don’t they? Will they be answered with fact or personal attack (sounds like the making of a new rap). My advice, if you can’t see it through without knowing the answers, don’t start in the first place because all it leaves you with is attacking the individual or a deafening silence.

Bingo! It's too obvious this is the answer. Parents of great players that want to play in college want the best coach possible for their kids..

So if that's the reason, why are they going to CPA? Unless they want to learn to be whining, classless, chest bumping punks like Maddux. Oh, wait. Yes, that does describe them pretty well. The only thing he does well is illegally recruit - oh, and get jobs for parents of great players. Coach well? No way. Look at the talent he has "developed" (wink, wink) over the years. Mason, Miller, Anderson, Bradshaw, Lindsey, Allsmiller, and now Wharton - and the grand total number of championships? Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada. He can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. His "homegrown superior talent" (wink, wink) makes him look much, much better than he is.

My humble opinion.

• Upvote 1

So if that's the reason, why are they going to CPA? Unless they want to learn to be whining, classless, chest bumping punks like Maddux. Oh, wait. Yes, that does describe them pretty well. The only thing he does well is illegally recruit - oh, and get jobs for parents of great players. Coach well? No way. Look at the talent he has "developed" (wink, wink) over the years. Mason, Miller, Anderson, Bradshaw, Lindsey, Allsmiller, and now Wharton - and the grand total number of championships? Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada. He can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. His "homegrown superior talent" (wink, wink) makes him look much, much better than he is.

My humble opinion.

You can come down on the coach all you want but passing that description on to the kids is unacceptable, low class, and I suggest the mods ban you. You Sir are very lucky an old crotchity grandpa does not know your identity!

Too many posts to read about this topic. I was wondering how Vic Wharton was doing this year? Got to see him at Knoxville Catholic last season and knew he would be good...

It was my understanding that he wasn't playing that much. His sister would have also been a 4 year starter at Knoxville Catholic and never sees the floor.

It was my understanding that he wasn't playing that much. His sister would have also been a 4 year starter at Knoxville Catholic and never sees the floor.

Wharton is now starting after missing the first couple of weeks due to football. He is the point guard and averages, I am guessing, about 9 points a game. CPA starters:

Lindsey-so.

Alsmiller-so.

Wharton-so.

Bradshaw-sr.

Brown-jr.

My humble opinion.

I am from East TN and don't have a dog in the hunt. However, I will say that I saw CPA play at the Arby's this year and I was very impressed with both the team and the coach. They were talented but also played with passion. I don't any from CPA but the description you provided above does not accurately describe the team I saw play on two different occasions. Just my two cents...

Wharton is now starting after missing the first couple of weeks due to football. He is the point guard and averages, I am guessing, about 9 points a game. CPA starters:

Lindsey-so.

Alsmiller-so.

Wharton-so.

Bradshaw-sr.

Brown-jr.

Thanks for the update. We obviously don't get much CPA news in Knoxville. Glad to hear he's doing well.

Bingo! It's too obvious this is the answer. Parents of great players that want to play in college want the best coach possible for their kids. They are looking for an edge that will give them the best opportunity to earn a scholarship.

It is a nice idea, nice litte theory, but not one necessarily supported by the facts. It is one that gets circulated around quite a bit and one high school parents like to perpetuate as too many take the responsibility off how good their child actually is and place the responsibility on the high school coach. They end up thinking it is up to the HS coach to market the child's ability and put the pressure on the coach. (e.g. If my child is not getting recruited by college coaches, must be the coach's fault.) Speaking as someone who coached in college, both small and D1, it does not make much of a difference, particularly in this day and age. It doesn't really matter where great players play, college coaches are interested in great players regardless of who they play for and college coaches have a way of finding them. Quite an extensive list of great players and it didn't matter who they played for in HS. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a great player who was passed over because of their HS coach or they didn't play for the right coach. Loved to hear about those players to the contrary where it was all about the coach they played for in HS.