Is CPA In Trouble?

howdoitknow

What Do You Think?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. If CPA played a student-athlete who was declared ineligible by the TSSAA should they have to vacate their wins over the course of the season as a result?

That's good to hear. I've lived in West Nashville all of my life and never heard of all the good things going on at CPA. Which further confirms my point in fact. If CPA is on pace with MBA and USN but academically superior to the Ensworths, Harpeth Halls of the world; it makes sense that they should be competing with their equals. With the resume you put fourth and the severe disadvantages that other Class AA schools find themselves facing (academically and athletically; when considering that CPA basketball and football coaches can start teaching their system when the kids are young in the same building) CPA is a DII school. TSSAA should address this immediately. This is getting beyond obvious.

Exactly. Great post.

I am not saying CPA cheats but if you don't think there are not schools out there doing it, you are being very naive. They do need to separate public and private.

No doubt! A private has the resources that a public simply cannot compete with over a long period of time. Look at how CPA has caught and surpassed the Metro/Nashville schools. Look at this past football season when CAK caught and surpassed Alcoa in Class 3A.

Bottom line..........privates have resources that publics simply do not have and whether it is "cheating" or not it still isn't a level playing field.

Car 54, I mean Coach77 where are youuuuu? (Some will be too young to understand, from an old TV show). Once again, I am waiting to be confronted with all those false accusations and false statements I have made, where are they? What about coach77, the one who thinks I should be held to a higher standard yet makes his own false statements specifically related to me, is there an apology looming? Hmmmm…..

Anyone who actually reads my posts will note there have been three main points. IMO, if CPA is going to turn this around, they are going to have to deal with ALL three and no less.

1. Perception – CPA4Ever says (and I don’t disagree, but I am not in charge) that no person or organization should be judged on perception. Unfortunately, long ago certain CPA administrators have adopted this approach in the exercise of their leadership/authority. There were employees who heard more than once (to paraphrase) since perception becomes a person’s reality, you must deal with perception as though it is reality and administrators thought they were totally justified to base decisions on perception over truth. I was judged in this manner. There is also the spiritual law that each of us will be judged/measured by how we judge/measure others. No reason now to be upset about being judged by perception since very likely it is nothing more than self-inflicted. Now the only choice is to see it through and deal with perception as though it is reality.

2. Testimony – since related to appearances (which is biblical), appropriate actions are needed to remove even the appearances of wrong doing.

3. Information related to improprieties – Deal with the credible sources of information with an honest scrutiny which includes “rewarding†these sources in order to promote a seeking of truth, not ready to “punish†and think them to be nothing more than bitter, jealous, disloyal, etc., ratting someone out. Let the truth lead where it will.

This is called a perspective or a view which has created a knowledge base from the available facts, not false accusations or expressing opinions out of bitterness or pursuing a vendetta as some like to accuse (those who want to take the easy way out of discussion or debate).

...Also, just an FYI to all of the people who believe Coach Maddux recruits, let me share that Allsmiller, Lindsey, Howell, Blackwell and Richard all played on the same AAU team together since they were 12 years old and they have always want to play HS together...

A very high order level of thinking for a group of parents, let alone a group of kids, without a coach’s direction or influence. And if true, then parent comments would be strictly related to being a parent initiative, not being invited or influenced by a coach or a “booster.â€

A very high order level of thinking for a group of parents, let alone a group of kids, without a coach’s direction or influence. And if true, then parent comments would be strictly related to being a parent initiative, not being invited or influenced by a coach or a “booster.â€

It is unfortunate there are no parents with kids going to CPA that has the intelligence to think at the high level as can this failed coach.

I don't see CPA going to Division II anytime soon. Beating public schools is good for business.

CPA and Friendship Christian should both be made to go DivII. They bot h recruit on a daily basis and should be banned from Div I along with all the other privates or be made to compete at the highest level AAA in basketball and baseball and 6A in football. This multiplier is just political nothing more.