DIVISION II Traditional Tourney

In Hoc Signo Vinces

So you are saying that CB won because of a ref?

Not so much that CB won because of a ref, but maybe Baylor lost because of one. It's not a stretch to say.. After all, you have a lot of experience when it comes to blaming refs for missed calls and thus costing an indiv. or team from a win. You've even gone so far as to say, in the past, that refs have ulterior motives during some matches.

Fact is CB won on that given day, congrats to them.

My humble opinion is that Baylor has a slight edge for the indiv crown.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so much that CB won because of a ref, but maybe Baylor lost because of one. It's not a stretch to say.. After all, you have a lot of experience when it comes to blaming refs for missed calls and thus costing an indiv. or team from a win. You've even gone so far as to say, in the past, that refs have ulterior motives during some matches.

Fact is CB won on that given day, congrats to them.

My humble opinion is that Baylor has a slight edge for the indiv crown.

yes I have, and I totally agree that a ref has and does alter a match. My question is, do you believe the ref did in this one.

AND, if I were to say anyone other than CBHS has a chance in the individuals, it would be Baylor. they have more kids that can add bonus points, and I totally believe that the title will come down to bonus points.

While I was pulling for an all purple championship I have to agree. I was actually waiting for the Baylor fans to blow up this site with complaints after the last match in their dual with Cbhs. They have much more self control than I would have had in their shoes. The last match that was to decide the duals was one of the worst officiated matches I have ever seen. There was a horrible take down or reversal call earlier in the match that went in favor of Cbhs. The non takedown call towards the end of the match that would have sealed the tech fall and a Baylor win was one of the worst I have ever seen. It wasnt even debatable. I was watching all the other referee's reactions that were around the mat and they were astonished to say the least. I actually spoke to some of the refs afterwards and they were very adamament that Baylor should have won. In fact I think there were some discussions with the ref who officiated the match. The refs watching the match told me that the takedown should have been a moot point as they would have already disqualified the Cbhs wrestler for stalling at that point. That being said, Cbhs won the matches they needed to win, got the bonus points at 106,120,145 from their studs. Won at 132 where Im sure Baylor was expecting a win and kept it to a 1 pt decision at 152 where Baylor was probably hoping for Bonus points. You cant discredit what Cbhs kids accomplished but that last match was a travesty.

It is very debatable. I did not see control and have watched the match now several times. Does not do a lot of good to complain about the refs, but to turn it around, CBHS wins last year in the finals if stalling is called correctly in the 103 lbs match and a couple of others. I will leave it at--this year's semis was very exciting, one to be remembered for a long time.

It is very debatable. I did not see control and have watched the match now several times. Does not do a lot of good to complain about the refs, but to turn it around, CBHS wins last year in the finals if stalling is called correctly in the 103 lbs match and a couple of others. I will leave it at--this year's semis was very exciting, one to be remembered for a long time.

served!

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.. You're exactly right- it does no good to complain about the refs. and as you have just pointed out, the missed calls seem to balance themselves out in the end. Blaming refs for the result of matches is pointless. The Baylor fans seem to understand that, which is probably why they're not on here raising helll and crying. Others should follow their lead.

How will Johnson beating brunner shake up the seedings ???

Your question assumes Johnson will wrestle 132.... If so, you have interesting head to heads... Johnson beat Brunner, Brunner split with Westbrooks winning the last match, Westbrooks beat Johnson.... Based upon these results ithe top seed will default to last years state placements therefore Brunner 1, Westbrooks 2, Johnson 3, Akers 4, Olson 5, and Davidson 6. Ghouse pls weigh in on the logic behind this explanation... Barrel