District 8-AA Tournament

DTCSPORTS

The District 8-AA Tournament gets underway Tuesday night (Feb. 14) at White County High School in Sparta. Here is the girls' tournament schedule:

Tuesday, February 14

#2 Upperman (11-1) vs. #7 Central Magnet (1-11) - 6:00 p.m.

Wednesday, February 15

#3 Cannon Co. (7-5) vs #6 DeKalb Co. (2-10) - 6:00 p.m.

Thursday, February 16

#4 York Institute (6-6) vs. #5 Smith Co. (4-8) - 6:00 p.m.

All four semifinal round games will be played on Friday, February 17. The semifinal schedule is as follows:

Upperman - Central Magnet Winner vs. Cannon Co. - DeKalb Co. Winner - 4:00 p.m.

#1 Livingston Academy (11-1) vs. York Institute - Smith Co. Winner - 7:00 p.m.

Championship - Saturday at 6:00 p.n.

Consolation - Saturday at 3:00 p.m.

Thoughts? Predictions?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The District 8-AA Tournament gets underway Tuesday night (Feb. 14) at White County High School in Sparta. Here is the girls' tournament schedule:

Tuesday, February 14

Wednesday, February 15

Thursday, February 16

All four semifinal round games will be played on Friday, February 17. The semifinal schedule is as follows:

Thoughts? Predictions?

My predictions are as follows the team in bold:

Tuesday, February 14

Wednesday, February 15

Thursday, February 16

Friday, February 17

# 2 Upperman vs # 3 Cannon Co.

#1 Livingston Academy vs #4 York

Saturday, February 18

Championship - #1 Livingston Academy vs #2 Upperman

Consolation - #3 Cannon Co. vs #4 York

Livingston wins the Championship in another close game. I am going to say Livingston by 4.

Edited by swipper

Tuesday, February 14

Wednesday, February 15

Thursday, February 16

Thoughts? Predictions?

I updated the team schedules for both boys and girls for the first round. Your brackets are exactly as published in the Herald-Citizen. good job.

My predictions are as follows the team in bold:

Tuesday, February 14

Wednesday, February 15

Thursday, February 16

Friday, February 17

# 2 Upperman vs # 3 Cannon Co.

#1 Livingston Academy vs #4 York

Saturday, February 18

Championship - #1 Livingston Academy vs #2 Upperman

Consolation - #3 Cannon Co. vs #4 York

Livingston wins the Championship in another close game. I am going to say Livingston by 4.

Too close to call I predict another OT.

Updated Tourney Info

Tuesday, February 14

#2 Upperman 48 #7 Central Magnet 30

Wednesday, February 15

#3 Cannon Co. 58 vs #6 DeKalb Co. 40

Thursday, February 16

#5 Smith Co. 51 #4 York Institute (6-6) 37

Semifinals - Friday

#2 Upperman vs. #3 Cannon Co. - 4:00 p.m.

#1 Livingston Academy (11-1) vs. #5 Smith Co. - 7:00 p.m.

Championship - Saturday at 6:00 p.m.

Upperman and Livingston advanced over Cannon and Smith County. Cannon started out 7-0 and 12-4 over Upperman, after a quarter. Bees got the offensive rebound late in the second quarter and converted, I think cut it to 4 at 17-13. They had 2 or 3 offensive rebounds to start the third quarter too, tied it at around 20-20 or so and from there it was close the rest of the game. In the fourth quarter a lot of things seemed to go against Cannon, officiating-wise, maybe it looked worse than it was due to Upperman having the momentum. The big things I remember were the Bees being in the lane once for a good 10-12 seconds, ball was thrown in and back out for a three I believe at the end of that sequence, and the seventh foul on Cannon which was pretty questionable compared to what had been allowed the first half. Cannon still had a chance late, down 3 when Bees missed a free throw but Upperman got the offensive rebound, yet again, and was able to close it out.

Livingston jumped out early on Smith, something around 19-6. They did a good job stopping the Smith guard from going to the basket, she's a good player. Smith started hitting their threes but by the half it was still around 35-18 or so. Smith continued to hit from outside, a few from way outside, but Livingston's post scoring and some threes of their own kept the lead comfortable. It got down to around 10 late. Upperman and Livingston both used their size and strength advantages in the wins.

Upperman and Livingston advanced over Cannon and Smith County. Cannon started out 7-0 and 12-4 over Upperman, after a quarter. Bees got the offensive rebound late in the second quarter and converted, I think cut it to 4 at 17-13. They had 2 or 3 offensive rebounds to start the third quarter too, tied it at around 20-20 or so and from there it was close the rest of the game. In the fourth quarter a lot of things seemed to go against Cannon, officiating-wise, maybe it looked worse than it was due to Upperman having the momentum. The big things I remember were the Bees being in the lane once for a good 10-12 seconds, ball was thrown in and back out for a three I believe at the end of that sequence, and the seventh foul on Cannon which was pretty questionable compared to what had been allowed the first half. Cannon still had a chance late, down 3 when Bees missed a free throw but Upperman got the offensive rebound, yet again, and was able to close it out.

Livingston jumped out early on Smith, something around 19-6. They did a good job stopping the Smith guard from going to the basket, she's a good player. Smith started hitting their threes but by the half it was still around 35-18 or so. Smith continued to hit from outside, a few from way outside, but Livingston's post scoring and some threes of their own kept the lead comfortable. It got down to around 10 late. Upperman and Livingston both used their size and strength advantages in the wins.

Good night of basketball, LA/Smith Co game wasn't as close as the score sounds. (note to coach) if your down by around 20 with 3 min left and the opposing coach is kind enough to take the starters out, dont leave yours in and press. Next time you might get pressed by the starters and loose by 30. Ever thought your team may lose every year cause maybe young players have no experience?JUST SAYING!