state tournament suggestions

sweeptheleg

i got stuck at work and wanted to keep up with the tournament online. It is way behind and doesnt show team scores. Its also like reading chinese. This isnt a knock on anyone volunteering their time but there are new methods out there of running tournaments that are a lot more fan friendly and easier on the tournament directors. Most top tournaments use Track wrestling now. Fans, wrestlers can keep up with bout numbers, mat assignments, scores, team scores , stats, ectt.. right from their phones, tablets or computers. It updates instantly. This is the state tournament but yet its like going back 15 years.Im not sure what the cost involved is to run it but its something like $150. You wouldnt need the big giant bout boards at the end of the arena. The kids could stay on the same mat, the parents would know where to sit all day and everyone can just watch for their bout number on the score clock by their mat. Its very simple and a lot more fan friendly.

Edited by sweeptheleg

i got stuck at work and wanted to keep up with the tournament online. It is way behind and doesnt show team scores. Its also like reading chinese. This isnt a knock on anyone volunteering their time but there are new methods out there of running tournaments that are a lot more fan friendly and easier on the tournament directors. Most top tournaments use Track wrestling now. Fans, wrestlers can keep up with bout numbers, mat assignments, scores, team scores , stats, ectt.. right from their phones, tablets or computers. It updates instantly. This is the state tournament but yet its like going back 15 years.Im not sure what the cost involved is to run it but its something like $150. You wouldnt need the big giant bout boards at the end of the arena. The kids could stay on the same mat, the parents would know where to sit all day and everyone can just watch for their bout number on the score clock by their mat. Its very simple and a lot more fan friendly.

I vote to implement this feature immediately.

Trackwrestling is great, however I must tell you that it is only as good as the tournament director makes it. If the tournament director does not keep the bouts updated on the Track Server it does not work. If you want to see an example of Track gone bad just look at the majority of the TNAAU tournaments this year no updates at all to any brackets or incorrect stats put in when they are updated.

Trackwrestling is great, however I must tell you that it is only as good as the tournament director makes it. If the tournament director does not keep the bouts updated on the Track Server it does not work. If you want to see an example of Track gone bad just look at the majority of the TNAAU tournaments this year no updates at all to any brackets or incorrect stats put in when they are updated.

You have to let your issues with AAU go... This thread is about the TSSAA High School State Tournament. I am sure though that most tournament directors would be more than willing to let you travel in and run their event on TrackWrestling.

Want to see what a high school state tournament should look like on TrackWrestling? Check out the IHSAA Sate Individual Tournament, complete with dashboard and up-to-date team scores... Or, you can check out their dual state tournament to see the end product complete with statistics.

It's more than just registering your tournament. Someone needs to be proficient, understanding the sport and running tournaments. The AAU events you are referring to are youth tournaments. Probably with a dad coach who is the tournament director and several parent volunteers...

Let it go!

You have to let your issues with AAU go... This thread is about the TSSAA High School State Tournament. I am sure though that most tournament directors would be more than willing to let you travel in and run their event on TrackWrestling.

Want to see what a high school state tournament should look like on TrackWrestling? Check out the IHSAA Sate Individual Tournament, complete with dashboard and up-to-date team scores... Or, you can check out their dual state tournament to see the end product complete with statistics.

It's more than just registering your tournament. Someone needs to be proficient, understanding the sport and running tournaments. The AAU events you are referring to are youth tournaments. Probably with a dad coach who is the tournament director and several parent volunteers...

Let it go!

I know it is a TSSAA thread my comments are for those who think Track is cure all. It is not! We have been to some well run track tournaments and it is great. The dashboard is excellent, it was used last week at the Grind and it is a wonderful tool I agree. My comments are only a warning. Kapwrestling also has a great system and it is used at the Ohio TOC. Scoring is done in real time at the table. It works great also.

Edited by jcddmoon

Mr Moon, Im not sure why you are continually dowing Tn wrestling, especially when you dont know what you are talking about. My nephew wrestles for our kids club and every Aau tournament we have attended in Chattanooga uses Track. In fact it has worked flawlessly for the past two years. I can watch his bout numbers, see results, we even keep team scores. You can click on on a team name and see all their results, you can even see statistics. So instead of spouting off some bs you know nothing about why dont you go online and look at the Hixson open,Soddy top 100, Pioneer classic, Valley classic all from this year or check out any tournament from last year in Chattanooga. Dont critisize the whole state when you havent been to any of our tournaments and when the ones you go to are operated by another format . The soddy even has team scores and statistics. I think what is confusing you is that Nashville uses track to sign up but uses another program to run the tournaments. I too have wondered why they dont use track but Im not going to continually put down people who are trying to better the sport in our state and who volunteer their time.You are posting abut wrestling in Georgia all the time and granted they have some great wrestling but what confuses me is why these Chattanooga kids go down there and do well but yet you dont ever come to Chattanooga to wrestle these same kids. IM pretty sure we have some good kids around your sons weight.

Edited by bradley08

I tried to get a new setup working for updating the website. Unfortunately, since there's no room for anyone else at the head table, it had to rely on wifi to get bout sheet pictures to my machine--and the wifi here in the Barn isn't good enough for that. That would be an even bigger problem for any kind of real-time scoring.

As for the need for three days for a 32-man tournament (which was in another thread, but I got on a roll here ::)), that's not what we're running here. It's a 32-man, a 16-man, and an 8-woman.

Keeping each weight class to one mat is not a function of having Track or any other automated system--it's equally workable by hand (the folder system). It does have some drawbacks. First up, it would fail horribly on the first day with 14 brackets and 11 mats. It's much better suited to summer-style tournaments with lots of small brackets, and would probably be doable on days two and three of state where you're up to 38 brackets. Second, you lose some flexibility if one mat runs slowly. And even with that system, those who follow a team (as opposed to just one or two wrestlers) still need to have a matchboard to know when their wrestlers are coming up on any given mat. (I have designed an improved matchboard, that shows team codes along with the bout numbers, along with other visual aids to show the division and weight class.)

Site-wise, I repeat my opinion that the duals should be at the Roundhouse (with the first day of the D2 "Invitational" at Maclellan) and the traditional in Nashville at Municipal Auditorium.

Mr Moon, Im not sure why you are continually dowing Tn wrestling, especially when you dont know what you are talking about. My nephew wrestles for our kids club and every Aau tournament we have attended in Chattanooga uses Track. In fact it has worked flawlessly for the past two years. I can watch his bout numbers, see results, we even keep team scores. You can click on on a team name and see all their results, you can even see statistics. So instead of spouting off some bs you know nothing about why dont you go online and look at the Hixson open,Soddy top 100, Pioneer classic, Valley classic all from this year or check out any tournament from last year in Chattanooga. Dont critisize the whole state when you havent been to any of our tournaments and when the ones you go to are operated by another format . The soddy even has team scores and statistics. I think what is confusing you is that Nashville uses track to sign up but uses another program to run the tournaments. I too have wondered why they dont use track but Im not going to continually put down people who are trying to better the sport in our state and who volunteer their time.You are posting abut wrestling in Georgia all the time and granted they have some great wrestling but what confuses me is why these Chattanooga kids go down there and do well but yet you dont ever come to Chattanooga to wrestle these same kids. IM pretty sure we have some good kids around your sons weight.

wow... some people... obviously you know who I am so we can continue this conversation at the state tournament in March...

I went to the Florida State individual tournament today.They ran three 16 man tournaments on 12 mats without a match board only a PA. It would be the same as running a 48 man bracket. The tournament ran flawlessly. Round one took three hours, round two, which included one championship round and two consolation rounds, took approimately 4 and 1/2 hours.