Most Underrated Coach

devilblaze

We all are aware of the bigger schools and the great job that their coaches are doing, but i would just like to open the floor and give notice to some of the coaches that are doing great jobs that do not get the recognition. Please feel free to agree or disagree.

1) Jeff Price/Jimmy Miller (Science Hill)- consistently putting out top teams. They have a formula that works!

2) Greg Foreman (Pigeon Forge)- starting to build a dynasty in the small school division, and once again top-10 at the state individuals. They are well on their way.

3) Loeffer (Cordova)- year after year putting out tough teams in a small Memphis town. Has placed several kids as state champions or state medalists and even has placed many wrestlers on varsity teams at the next level.

4) Ronnie Bray (Blackman)- In his second middle tennessee school and had no problem cranking out state medals or adding another finalist to his coaching resume.

5) Kramer/Hamm Bone (Wilson Central)- This school seemed to come out of no where this year. Kramer has been around a few years and they have gotten better and better since he took over. Hamm Bone has a history of training upperweights and is helping to produce another one in freshman Kramer.

6) Peck (Ravenwood)- A couple of Region championship teams in a row in a very rough region, and a couple of state plaques to go along with it. Seems to always do a good job with his bunch.

7) Dooley (Antioch)- No one ever seems to mention this man, but go back and check the state brackets over the last few years. Normally there are one or two antioch kids in the parade of champions. And from what i understand, most of these kids never come out for wrestling until their junior and senior years.

8) Badon (Dickson Co)- Keeps a strong group of kids year in and year out, and just like Dooley, consistently cranks out state medals over the years.

9) Jon Roberts (Beech)- keeps the kids active in the offseason, and they are starting to sneak up on people. Once again over the years he keeps kids sprinkled in the medal rounds of the state tournament.

These are just a few from my observation. What are your thoughts. Who do you disagree with? Who have I left out?

I think Bill Seaman of Mt. Juliet the MJ program was nothing until 2009 which was his 2nd year coaching i believe and now have had 3 region championships as a team and 7 state medalists and made it to the semi-finals in 2009 and one match away from medaling at state duals in 2009, 2010, and 2011.

I think Chris Lewis from CBHS is highly underated given the strides that have been made by that program over the past several years. A lot of which can be attributed to encouraging wrestling year round and the developement of a solid feeder program.

Thumbs up on Bill Seaman!

I have a feeling that Bill will not be returning next year? His

brother will be graduating and for some reason the kids at MJ

are turned off to wrestling. There were state qualifiers walking

the halls instead of wrestling this year??? Record low team numbers

and no returning technical wrestlers to teach the new kids will

make next year a bust!

Wilson Central will be the team to beat for the next couple years

in our region! If something does not change soon, MJ will not be able

to field a full team (again) or compete locally with other weak teams.

They took 8 to Bradley this year? They were down to 11 wrestlers at

the end of the season and 3 or 4 of them were at the same weight. I

believe that 6 of 11 were Freshmen???

Those three years mentioned above were achieved by a group of kids/families

who recognized that they must seek instruction outside of the school

season to become competitive. There is now a strong group of middle school kids

who have been preparing for their shot at a state championship in this area.

It is my guess that they will "all" move to an address that allows them to

attend another high school.

Someone needs to address these problems before it is too late.