9AAA

TSSAABaseball24

Classy post. And, thank you for serving as the watchdog for "goody two-shoes".

Keep fishing. I'm sure your investigative skills will lead you to the truth about the matter that you seek.

Sounds like you guys should have had "watchdogs" on spring break. Wasn't that tough if you went to a game to see who's sitting in the stands watching.

Wilson Central @ MJ on Tues.

MJ @ Wilson Central on Wed.

Bears could roll out the JV squad and beat WC. I know WC beat the Wave earlier in the season. Never should of happend, the Wave should of used the momentum from the SC win as a spring board but as usual they came out flat that night after a big game.

Any news out on any 9AAA signings? Other than Smith (MJ) going to Vandy and somebody from G to CB, haven't heard much... anything on SC player to Cumberland?

Hey, Redsman... guessing you can shed some light on this. Keep hearing about SC player to Cumberland on full ride and changing positions. Just don't see it on this end, but the BS hasn't backed off yet. What gives?

I understand, not being mean.. but come on Portland isn't the most talented team

wow, but good enough to beat Gallatin tonight 3-2. Just to be clear, Gallatin is my alma mater, I have dear friends whose kids play for Gallatin. Before anyone blames it on the ump, that one call or no call is not what cost Gallatin the game. They left way too many runners stranded, had the bases loaded and no outs on only get one run. The inability to hit the off speed pitch, and lack of timely hitting. I also must say growing up in Gallatin and playing baseball for Gallatin, I was disappointed in the the taunts and name calling the parents were doing toward the Portland players. Not the Gallatin I grew up in.

Wow! How far has Gallatin athletics fallen, first the boys basketball team gets beat by Portland and now the baseball team gets beat 3-2 at Portland. The Panthers have averaged giving up 6 runs per game in their defeats and all we can score is 2 runs in the game. It does not matter how bad the umps were, there is no excuse for only scoring 2 runs.

Any way congrats to Portland on their first district win of the season

Now to the game: Portland scored 2 in the bottom of the first Gallatin left one runner on in the first, 2nd Gallatin left a runner on Portland left a runner as well on, end of 2, top 3 Gallatin had bases loaded caused by 2 errors by Portland, sac fly, one run scores, 2 fly balls in infield inning over, btm of 3 Portland did nothing, top 4 Gallatin singled to center, runner stranded, btm of 4 Portland did nothing, top 5,Gallatin single to right, sac bunt man on sec one out, drive to right one run in runner thrown out at 3 stretching double into triple, btm of 5 score 2-2, 2 outs runner stole 2nd, 2 strikes on batter, Gallatin says ump lost the count and it should be strike 3, and end of inning, ump says the count is 1-2, next pitch drive to the outfield scores runner from 2nd, Portland up 3-2, crowd is PO'ed and so is coach. Next Portland batter pops up to pitcher, he and catcher collide, pitcher hangs on to the ball. End of 5 Top of 6th, Gallatin batter walks, fly out to first, out, last batter force out at second, bottom of 6. Portland single to right, attempted sac bunt too hard good play by Gallatin pitcher runner out at second, 1 out. Runner picked off of first, good play. 3rd out batter lined out to short. Top of 7-first batter strikes out, second batter fly to center, dropped ball, error runner on first one out, stole second, fly ball to second baseman 2 out, pitcher batting int walk, runner on second steals 3rd, batter chased some bad pitches, all off speed, strike out ends the game, Gallatin coach has to be separated from home plate umpire by first base coach. Yelling starts from fans......about as accurate as I can get it, lol. Good luck to everyone tomorrow night. FOR BOTH TEAMS

Wow! How far has Gallatin athletics fallen, first the boys basketball team gets beat by Portland and now the baseball team gets beat 3-2 at Portland. The Panthers have averaged giving up 6 runs per game in their defeats and all we can score is 2 runs in the game. It does not matter how bad the umps were, there is no excuse for only scoring 2 runs.

Any way congrats to Portland on their first district win of the season

I dont think they have fallen at all, it was a great game. Gallatin played defense perfectly from what I remember, we (Portland) made our mistakes, but hit for hit it was a good game. Gallatin struggled with the off speed stuff, I was over by the Portland dugout taking photos at the wall, of the game, my friends kids on Gallatin, etc. Pic after Pic is showing Gallatin batters chasing bad pitches. I will say tonight is the best Rettich has pitched all year, his breaking ball was finally working where it hasnt all year...yall bunted and played small ball, like you should have. The game breaker was Gallatin not scoring with the bases loaded but the one lone run. That kills everything. I was more disappointed in the actions of some parents after the game than anything else. But that is what makes high school sports so good, most fans, and players are doing it with so much heart. Good luck tomorrow night, funny thing I wasnt the only Gallatin graduate that was on Portlands side since we moved up here, lol still feels weird pulling against my home town.

wow, but good enough to beat Gallatin tonight 3-2. Just to be clear, Gallatin is my alma mater, I have dear friends whose kids play for Gallatin. Before anyone blames it on the ump, that one call or no call is not what cost Gallatin the game. They left way too many runners stranded, had the bases loaded and no outs on only get one run. The inability to hit the off speed pitch, and lack of timely hitting. I also must say growing up in Gallatin and playing baseball for Gallatin, I was disappointed in the the taunts and name calling the parents were doing toward the Portland players. Not the Gallatin I grew up in.

I will have to agree on parent and student interaction at Gallatin...we played them this year at Gallatin and it was differnt to say the least! a lot of negative comments.

Bears could roll out the JV squad and beat WC. I know WC beat the Wave earlier in the season. Never should of happend, the Wave should of used the momentum from the SC win as a spring board but as usual they came out flat that night after a big game.

Wow! WC must be really bad if that's true, considering Beech jv run ruled MJ jv yesterday.

Hey, Redsman... guessing you can shed some light on this. Keep hearing about SC player to Cumberland on full ride and changing positions. Just don't see it on this end, but the BS hasn't backed off yet. What gives?

Ive never seen Dad give a high school player a full ride in his 33 seasons there. I know there is some interest there, but I am not sure of what kind of offer has been or will be made... The SC players would be smart to go the JUCO route IMO, but I'm a firm believer in JUCO ball for most HS players.

Ive never seen Dad give a high school player a full ride in his 33 seasons there. I know there is some interest there, but I am not sure of what kind of offer has been or will be made... The SC players would be smart to go the JUCO route IMO, but I'm a firm believer in JUCO ball for most HS players.

ya really need to watch what people say about a "full" ride. The four years I was there, I knew of no one either. My daughter attends there now. She has heard of some of the football players talk about their "full" ride, but, when she asked, (cause I told her I knew of no one that had a "full" ride there, and I played with some great, great players) yes, between CU, lottery, academic, work study, etc. It may add up to a full ride. But these all have limitations which need to be met, to keep. My daughter has a academic scholarship to CU, now between the lottery, her academics, and work study, its about a 3/4ths "full" ride, lol. But you see how things can get twisted, or bragged on. I mean come on, CU is small, if Woody can get two quality players for the price of one, that's a no brainer, go with two, lol.

ya really need to watch what people say about a "full" ride. The four years I was there, I knew of no one either. My daughter attends there now. She has heard of some of the football players talk about their "full" ride, but, when she asked, (cause I told her I knew of no one that had a "full" ride there, and I played with some great, great players) yes, between CU, lottery, academic, work study, etc. It may add up to a full ride. But these all have limitations which need to be met, to keep. My daughter has a academic scholarship to CU, now between the lottery, her academics, and work study, its about a 3/4ths "full" ride, lol. But you see how things can get twisted, or bragged on. I mean come on, CU is small, if Woody can get two quality players for the price of one, that's a no brainer, go with two, lol.

I was under the impression that the lottery ( hope) was not available at private schools like CU