9AAA

TSSAABaseball24

I was under the impression that the lottery ( hope) was not available at private schools like CU

It's available at to any student who attends a Tennessee high school and goes to a college in tennessee. Also I think Western Kentucky accepts hope and 1 or 2 other out of state colleges. Maybe one other in Kentucky and one in Georgia

It's available at to any student who attends a Tennessee high school and goes to a college in tennessee. Also I think Western Kentucky accepts hope and 1 or 2 other out of state colleges. Maybe one other in Kentucky and one in Georgia

Correct. Cumberland will even help ya fill out the paper work, lol. Great school, my daughter loves it, as I did.

It's even available to high school juniors/seniors that are taking dual enrollment classes.

Ive never seen Dad give a high school player a full ride in his 33 seasons there. I know there is some interest there, but I am not sure of what kind of offer has been or will be made... The SC players would be smart to go the JUCO route IMO, but I'm a firm believer in JUCO ball for most HS players.

Thanks for the insight... pretty much as I had thought. Let the backpedaling and spin control begin.

Wow! How far has Gallatin athletics fallen, first the boys basketball team gets beat by Portland and now the baseball team gets beat 3-2 at Portland. The Panthers have averaged giving up 6 runs per game in their defeats and all we can score is 2 runs in the game. It does not matter how bad the umps were, there is no excuse for only scoring 2 runs.

Any way congrats to Portland on their first district win of the season

It's a crying shame that Gallatin athletics can't make a come back. The baseball team usualy has talent but they just can't seem to get a coach in there that knows what he is doing. These guys that play baseball then graduate and come back and teach who have never played ball at the college level can only teach guys so much and then it's over. Gallatin needs to find a coach who has the experience and who can teach the boys more than just how to run poles and bunt defenses. As parents it can really leave a sour taste in your mouth to see your kids put through so much crap at the hands of a coach who doesn't have a clue. Gallatin will rapidly decline as the years go on until the administration wakes up and hires a real coach!

Edited by 3dead
  • Upvote 1

Not at all; It's just sad to see that once again It's proved to be an aweful season. At some point you have to realize it's not the players fault.

And no I'm not the least bit bitter; that was over nearly 2 years ago. I just don't like to see guys that I thought of as brothers becaome the bottom of the food chain when I know good and well what kind of talent that these guys have. As a senior I shared the field with guys that are now seniors so I know the talent that this team has. I read a post earlier about kids from Gallatin having the Big head and that's not true Gallatin is full of humble guys that know how to bounce back. I just disagree with the coaching situation; Mickey is a great guy, but in my eyes not the best Skipper for the Green Wave. But let's face it none of the sports at Gallatin will ever be anything while the administration and the town have football on their brain. And since you know my identity now, what's yours? You knew how to spell my name correctly so we must have been close; most people spell it with a C.

And no I'm not the least bit bitter; that was over nearly 2 years ago. I just don't like to see guys that I thought of as brothers becaome the bottom of the food chain when I know good and well what kind of talent that these guys have. As a senior I shared the field with guys that are now seniors so I know the talent that this team has. I read a post earlier about kids from Gallatin having the Big head and that's not true Gallatin is full of humble guys that know how to bounce back. I just disagree with the coaching situation; Mickey is a great guy, but in my eyes not the best Skipper for the Green Wave. But let's face it none of the sports at Gallatin will ever be anything while the administration and the town have football on their brain. And since you know my identity now, what's yours? You knew how to spell my name correctly so we must have been close; most people spell it with a C.

Hammock?

It's a crying shame that Gallatin athletics can't make a come back. The baseball team usualy has talent but they just can't seem to get a coach in there that knows what he is doing. These guys that play baseball then graduate and come back and teach who have never played ball at the college level can only teach guys so much and then it's over. Gallatin needs to find a coach who has the experience and who can teach the boys more than just how to run poles and bunt defenses. As parents it can really leave a sour taste in your mouth to see your kids put through so much crap at the hands of a coach who doesn't have a clue. Gallatin will rapidly decline as the years go on until the administration wakes up and hires a real coach!

I couldn't agree more Kaleb. What a wasted year the team has had. It really sucks to be a talented team and be stuck with a coach who knows nothing about baseball. They thought we had a bad coach with Hunt so they got rid of him. Well thank you stupid parents and coaches who screwd Hunt and us cause look what we stuck with now.