van buren co. 8th grader

90warrior

wow! what a story! van buren county girls struggled all year with just a handful of wins and i mean getting blown out most of the time. now, they bring an 8th grader up and she scores 27 in the region quarterfinals and 24 in the region semi finals to knock off number one and two. wow, sounds like she's the real deal. congrats to the lady eagles and lakelyn bouldin. everyone better remember that name. what a story!

Yeah she is quite the player, she pretty much scores at will anytime they need her to. I think she might be the youngest girl i've ever seen to use a successfully use a hop-step while in traffic :D

Was talking to a Van Buren County fan at the tournament last night, they informed me that this came to no surprise to any of them. They said that she has led her middle school team to the AA division of the state tournament championship every year since 6th grade :popcorneater:

Don't know how legitimate those fact are however, considering that it was a die-hard VBC fan..

Edited by TheShow1

That fan didn't know what they were talking about. She's been doing it since 5th grade!!! Just joking with you. Not sure if they were correct or not but they did have a good Jr. High team last couple of years. And yes, she has had a very good 2 games so far in high school. When you combine natural talent with hard work and alot of practice, good things will happen. Congrats to her and the Eaglettes for making it to the region finals and good luck against Whitwell tonight.

That fan didn't know what they were talking about. She's been doing it since 5th grade!!! Just joking with you. Not sure if they were correct or not but they did have a good Jr. High team last couple of years. And yes, she has had a very good 2 games so far in high school. When you combine natural talent with hard work and alot of practice, good things will happen. Congrats to her and the Eaglettes for making it to the region finals and good luck against Whitwell tonight.

Good Luck tonight Van Buren. Make them go left, let them shoot , box out and you will bring home a Region Championsip.

Edited by LUGNUT

She didn't look to good tonight against Whitwell we shut her down. . .

She had a double double, for a girl that has only played three high school games in her career i'd be fine with it. I wouldn't exactly call 15 points being shut down either.

The fact that they kept up with Whitwell until halftime astonished me, at the half it was what? 26-24? Something like that.

Either way, good luck to Whitwell as they host Clay Co. And to VB for proving alot of people wrong and getting to travel to Jackson Co.

Good Luck tonight Van Buren. Make them go left, let them shoot , box out and you will bring home a Region Championsip.

Awesome run by Van Buren. That girl is a freak for an 8th grader. She will get her turn.

Main Point Lug!

No disrespect but you have now lost all credibility. Let them shoot? I doubt Van Buren Coach was telling her players let them shoot. 62-35. Whitwell plays a type of game where they try to wear you down and once they do. Whitwell uses its speed to win games.

Clay and whitwell will be a Dawg fight. If they fall short...they fall short and build on it...It was still a great season. Best in Whitwell history!

Yawn...sorry there was real basketball played elsewhere in the state tonight... :roflol:

No need to disrespect these two teams with a post like this. These two teams are up and coming teams and deserve the same respect as the other teams left in the tournament. I commend both teams for making it this far, these young ladies have worked just as hard as anyone and probably harder than most to get to the sweet 16. VanBuren and Whitwell are two good teams and believe me none of us up here are taking them lightly. Good luck to this young 8th grade girl, she is obviously a huge talent and i wish her nothing but the best! :thumb:

Alot of good posts on here, but some are??? You are correct about Whitwell "wearing" Van Buren down. Our girls led 16-13 during the second and were down 28-22 at the half. Whitwell hit another gear in the third and the game was over. Too much team speed for us. As far as shutting the eigth grader down, not excatly. She got thru the defense several times and just didn't finish at the goal like she usually does. Whitwell was expected to win and they did. Tougher challenges await both teams on Saturday night. Good luck to both.

Alot of good posts on here, but some are??? You are correct about Whitwell "wearing" Van Buren down. Our girls led 16-13 during the second and were down 28-22 at the half. Whitwell hit another gear in the third and the game was over. Too much team speed for us. As far as shutting the eigth grader down, not excatly. She got thru the defense several times and just didn't finish at the goal like she usually does. Whitwell was expected to win and they did. Tougher challenges await both teams on Saturday night. Good luck to both.

What is this young lady's name, i'll definately keep up with her over her high school career. If she's good enough to come up as an 8th grader and make a difference then she's bound to be a special player. :thumb: