Booker T Washington at Trinity Christian Region 8A champhionship

ReitzFan

The way BTW was shooting the ball early in the game, they could have walked away with this one. TCA battled back and it was a 4 point game at the half. There is a quote that was given to the Jackson Sun sports editor from the BTW coach that said he wanted to take the officials out of the game. That is why he stalled the ball. Me thinks he pooped himself at the half when TCA drew within 4 and he could not think of anything better to do.

I expected more from a team that is supposed to be ranked #1 in the state. Newby and Spencer could have honestly dominated that game. Yet the BTW coach takes it out of their hands. That strategy almost bit BTW in the backside. It was a one point game with 8 seconds to go and TCA had the ball at mid court. BTW stole the inbounds pass and got a layup at the buzzer for the final difference.

With the strategy that the BTW coach employed and the way that things played out, tonight Goliath got lucky!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way BTW was shooting the ball early in the game, they could have walked away with this one. TCA battled back and it was a 4 point game at the half. There is a quote that was given to the Jackson Sun sports editor from the BTW coach that said he wanted to take the officials out of the game. That is why he stalled the ball. Me thinks he pooped himself at the half when TCA drew within 4 and he could not think of anything better to do.

I expected more from a team that is supposed to be ranked #1 in the state. Newby and Spencer could have honestly dominated that game. Yet the BTW coach takes it out of their hands. That strategy almost bit BTW in the backside. It was a one point game with 8 seconds to go and TCA had the ball at mid court. BTW stole the inbounds pass and got a layup at the buzzer for the final difference.

With the strategy that the BTW coach employed and the way that things played out, tonight Goliath got lucky!

with BTWs history with refs outside of Memphis, I think he did the best thing to get back to Memphis with the win...

with BTWs history with refs outside of Memphis, I think he did the best thing to get back to Memphis with the win...

You do realize that if this game had been played in Memphis, the refs for the game would not have been from the Memphis association? They would have probably come from the same association the tonights refs came from.

I am sick and tired of BTW fans using the officials as a crutch! Stop your whining. What you should be asking the officials of district 16A is why they they gave up the opportunity to host the region this season. Afterall, it was your turn.

Edited by ReitzFan

Reitzfan, I've always enjoyed listening to your broadcast. Even though I hail from the enemy compound @ USJ, these kids have played against each other since kindergarten and I try to keep up with them all. You're aware of the technical problems tonight aren't you?

Reitzfan, I've always enjoyed listening to your broadcast. Even though I hail from the enemy compound @ USJ, these kids have played against each other since kindergarten and I try to keep up with them all. You're aware of the technical problems tonight aren't you?

I was aware of them after the game. Everything runs through computers and an internet provider to get the broadcast to the transmitter. There are some issues. I am very sorry for them. Unfortunately, it is out of my hands. Changes are supposed to be coming soon that will make the locally originated broadcasts sound better. Can't come soon enough for me. Again, I apologize for the technical issues. And I do appreciate you listening to my broadcasts this season.

You do realize the State Tournament is played in Murfreesboro right? I hope you don't expect to bring your Inner City Streetball refs with you. :roflolk:

Sir the state tournament is on neutral ground. I doubt tonights game was. Thanks for giving props on a great road win against a team with home court advantage!

I was aware of them after the game. Everything runs through computers and an internet provider to get the broadcast to the transmitter. There are some issues. I am very sorry for them. Unfortunately, it is out of my hands. Changes are supposed to be coming soon that will make the locally originated broadcasts sound better. Can't come soon enough for me. Again, I apologize for the technical issues. And I do appreciate you listening to my broadcasts this season.

No problem, just making sure you knew.

Saying something about the officials, even in a post-game interview, may not

be wise. Some of the officials can actually read too! Oops, Did I say that?!

Is there some rule that says a number one team has to blow everyone out

to be number one? I thought they just had to win.