Booker T Washington at Trinity Christian Region 8A champhionship

ReitzFan

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sir the state tournament is on neutral ground. I doubt tonights game was. Thanks for giving props on a great road win against a team with home court advantage!

You want props cause you beat 5 freshman by holding the ball and squeaking out a 4 point win on an away floor? :lol: All Hail the Mighty Warriors, the team that can score 149 points in a game but is scared to attack in Tourney time. Give me a break. BTW is done Monday.

You do realize that if this game had been played in Memphis, the refs for the game would not have been from the Memphis association? They would have probably come from the same association the tonights refs came from.

I am sick and tired of BTW fans using the officials as a crutch! Stop your whining. What you should be asking the officials of district 16A is why they they gave up the opportunity to host the region this season. Afterall, it was your turn.

Get off yourself. Nobody is blaming the refs, but more of a combination of the refs and playing on the road against the other team, crowd, refs, and police. Yeah they threw one our fans out the gym. But we do know some inside info about one of the refs in question and the deal he had. But that's not for the blogs. More for the authorities. We took him out of the game and won. Point blank. BTW WINS AGAIN. AND AGAIN. battle tested....smh.....back to Memphis we go. (i know you hate it) lets listen to some Yo Gotti

On a serious note Sheriff,I've seen BTW turn it loose and yes they can play.On the other side of the coin,for whateaver reason Trinity has the ball in the end down by a single point,with a great chance to beat you.The two statements made above are beyond arguement,and I have one more.Talent for talent Trinity should not be able to stay within striking distance of BTW for 32 minutes.The reason...fundamental basketball.Now one question,and please give me an honest answer.What will BTW do when facing a team that comes close to matching them in skill...who plays sound fundamental basketball?

On a serious note Sheriff,I've seen BTW turn it loose and yes they can play.On the other side of the coin,for whateaver reason Trinity has the ball in the end down by a single point,with a great chance to beat you.The two statements made above are beyond arguement,and I have one more.Talent for talent Trinity should not be able to stay within striking distance of BTW for 32 minutes.The reason...fundamental basketball.Now one question,and please give me an honest answer.What will BTW do when facing a team that comes close to matching them in skill...who plays sound fundamental basketball?

*Raises my hand to answer question* *Teacher calls on theGURU* GURUs answer *They will LOSE*

You want props cause you beat 5 freshman by holding the ball and squeaking out a 4 point win on an away floor? :lol: All Hail the Mighty Warriors, the team that can score 149 points in a game but is scared to attack in Tourney time. Give me a break. BTW is done Monday.

First of all, let me preface this by saying that even though I'm from a TCA rival school, I was standing on my kitchen counter listening to Reitz and pulling for the Lions. I don't wanna come across as defending BTW or the Sheriff but you gotta give the TCA faithful their due. If you don't think playing on front of that crowd doesn't make a difference then you haven't been their before. Every kid should have that chance and every team should be that lucky.

As for the 5 freshman........they PLAY 5 freshman at various points of the game and every team should be that lucky as well because they do a good job. To imply that is their team is not really fair to the juniors and seniors who are the backbone of this team. I know you are just repeating what you saw but just wanted to clear that up.

Refs are refs and from my experience this year some shouldn't be but that's another story. The TCA fans were more of an issue here I'm sure. Would like to hear the inside story on the so called "deal" though, I'm sure would be entertaining to have explained

Get off yourself. Nobody is blaming the refs, but more of a combination of the refs and playing on the road against the other team, crowd, refs, and police. Yeah they threw one our fans out the gym. But we do know some inside info about one of the refs in question and the deal he had. But that's not for the blogs. More for the authorities. We took him out of the game and won. Point blank. BTW WINS AGAIN. AND AGAIN. battle tested....smh.....back to Memphis we go. (i know you hate it) lets listen to some Yo Gotti

First you say "Nobody is blaming the refs". Then you go on to lay blame on other things, including the refs. Make up your mind. If the po po threw one of your fans out of the game, that "fan" deserved it. Act like a human being and you get to watch a game. Act a fool and you get to go and sit outside.

I also noticed that you did not address the point of your own district selling you down the river this year. Afterall, it was your districts turn to host the region this season. What's up with that?

First you say "Nobody is blaming the refs". Then you go on to lay blame on other things, including the refs. Make up your mind. If the po po threw one of your fans out of the game, that "fan" deserved it. Act like a human being and you get to watch a game. Act a fool and you get to go and sit outside.

I also noticed that you did not address the point of your own district selling you down the river this year. Afterall, it was your districts turn to host the region this season. What's up with that?

You're right the Regionals was supposed to be in Memphis, however the decision was made prior to BTW joining the Single A ranks, to my understanding. ReitzFan, if you were at the game I am sure you saw some questionable calls (assuming you're not bias) but bad better yet subpar officiating is all apart of the game. Oh well like they say there are no bad wins come tournament time. Keep them coming BT whew WWWWW.

I understand all the conversation about how the game was played, allow me a chance to say I think both teams did a great job. I was truly impressed with TCA and how hard they worked. EVERYTIME BTW made a run, TCA answered. BTW shot the ball very well in the first quarter, Martavious Newby was out of his mind. 14 in the first quarter. Zamallous Griffin is a very good PG that no one is talking about. I like the fact Coach Horton had a gameplan and stuck with it. A team with the lead and the ball is in the driving seat. It was TCA responsibility to come out and Match up. I think the pressure of having to score in the last seconds kind of rattled them in the end. Honestly I think the officiating was not that bad, yes there were a few very questionable calls made, but that's always. I'm a believer in kids and I love to see kids compete and work hard. The kids at BTW deserve to win just as much as any other team the state. Also, it is not a team's responsibility not to score against you or play the way you want them to play. It is the other team's responsibility to stop them from scoring and change the game. Way to go BTW on the victory tonight and good luck TCA maybe yall could play again in the State championship. As for the next game,

got no horse in this race...but i like to spread grief all around...

heard about the stallball while i was at lexington watchin the TECH/SS game...i told the person on the phone "thats what teams in missouri do to beat the more athletic and experienced teams when they play tourney ball and actually get the lead"...

then she says..."no it was BT holding the ball"...and i couldnt stop laughing...

say what u want...is it cheap...yes and no...is it cheesey...of course...did they win...yes...will it matter...NO...humboldt should win Monday...

if u wana complain then blame the TCA coaches for not putting pressure on as a defense to get the ball back...5 second count...

try that against liberty and watch us force the turnover and get a layup...guard-play is huge...if they cant pressure the ball ur in for a long nite...

as for going to BTW to play...im pretty sure we went 2 years ago...it was a blast...their fans were great...they didnt like seein their boys get beat but they were hilarious and all about the game...no incidents at all...

LAKE COUNTY goes back to BACK regardless of who wins this game Monday

and the refs in lexington were pretty awful as well...it happens...if u win by 7 or 8 buckets it wont matter when they screw up

First of all, let me preface this by saying that even though I'm from a TCA rival school, I was standing on my kitchen counter listening to Reitz and pulling for the Lions. I don't wanna come across as defending BTW or the Sheriff but you gotta give the TCA faithful their due. If you don't think playing on front of that crowd doesn't make a difference then you haven't been their before. Every kid should have that chance and every team should be that lucky.

As for the 5 freshman........they PLAY 5 freshman at various points of the game and every team should be that lucky as well because they do a good job. To imply that is their team is not really fair to the juniors and seniors who are the backbone of this team. I know you are just repeating what you saw but just wanted to clear that up.

Refs are refs and from my experience this year some shouldn't be but that's another story. The TCA fans were more of an issue here I'm sure. Would like to hear the inside story on the so called "deal" though, I'm sure would be entertaining to have explained

I'm from a rival of Trinitys too 'Asitis',and as a general rule all* the 1A schools in this area really enjoy fan support at it's best.I travelled with "my" team to BTW a short time ago and we outnumbered the home fans although we drove 125 miles to the game.I believe the large,loud student sections really bother the Memphis schools because(unfortunately)they play without much support from the stands,and are unaccustomed to the noise and commotion.All the emphesis on the "crooked" refs' has no merit,I was at the game in question and yes,some of the calls were less than stellar...the biggest problems however(the loudest booing)had to do with all the player control fouls(charging)called against the Memphians.Solid fundamental defenses rely on holding position,not challenging shots,and when you strike a defender squarely while he maintains position,it is a charge.All the Region 8 games played at Trinity could be classified as basketball IQ vs. physical talent,and BTW came out on top,so congratulations to the Warriors,they deserved it.For the people claiming them to be invincable,they're not,and the blueprint to beat them has been exposed.Good luck to both in sectionals,Lake County and Humboldt are formidible teams and I'd love to see both games!

Humboldt may just "decide" for them that they'll stay home with their refs'.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if a were BTW's coach( Horton ) id be very concerned as im sure he is..Humboldt will give the Warriors more than they want ..IMO the Vikings win ..Sheriff wants to blame the refs ,in this care '1' ..may i remind you 'your' refs as you reference them, do actually come from another region have helped BTW over the years at home = 2 short years ago BTW was given a substate game with Dyer County by again 'your' refs that allowed 2 of your best players (tallest and best scorers) to recieve 2 extra fouls each = 4 total late in the game which kept DC from a victory..in late 90's DC beat BTW in the Colosium by 20+ pts with Horton at the controls . He was enraged the Warriors non-existance 'd ' with DC'S 'o' RIPPING it apart,dunks,run-away lay-ups, 3's galore. ya'll had the stud who had 80+ one game and others ,BTW much taller ,fsater nope ,bb IQ never ..

well its gonna happen again come Saturday ..book it !! :popcorneater: more corn with your koolaid..