Booker T Washington at Trinity Christian Region 8A champhionship

ReitzFan

You want props cause you beat 5 freshman by holding the ball and squeaking out a 4 point win on an away floor? :lol: All Hail the Mighty Warriors, the team that can score 149 points in a game but is scared to attack in Tourney time. Give me a break. BTW is done Monday.

Glad u said that. By the way, the 5 freshman thing is getting old. Its not true. Lol

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a serious note Sheriff,I've seen BTW turn it loose and yes they can play.On the other side of the coin,for whateaver reason Trinity has the ball in the end down by a single point,with a great chance to beat you.The two statements made above are beyond arguement,and I have one more.Talent for talent Trinity should not be able to stay within striking distance of BTW for 32 minutes.The reason...fundamental basketball.Now one question,and please give me an honest answer.What will BTW do when facing a team that comes close to matching them in skill...who plays sound fundamental basketball?

Im guessing there is a consensus that Memphis teams don't play fundamental basketball. I agree with that. We dont. It's a fact. With that being said, we wil do what any other memphis team does around this time, win. Book it. I'm hearing from some memphis coaches that have seen Humbolt that they press a lot, look like, and play just like Memphis teams. Well you don't say. Advantage BTW. Thats what we play in every night for years. Humbolt does not. Interested to see how they we do on the road in South Memphis. Starting to remind me of 2009 when Dyer County came to BTW for substate. Thats what yall said then. We all know what happened......

Edited by BTWSheriff

*Raises my hand to answer question* *Teacher calls on theGURU* GURUs answer *They will LOSE*

*Sippin my favorite drink* still waiting on us to lose huh. Only a memphis team has been able to do that. Keep praying and hating. Here, have same hateraide, you and Perry County look thirsty....

First you say "Nobody is blaming the refs". Then you go on to lay blame on other things, including the refs. Make up your mind. If the po po threw one of your fans out of the game, that "fan" deserved it. Act like a human being and you get to watch a game. Act a fool and you get to go and sit outside.

I also noticed that you did not address the point of your own district selling you down the river this year. Afterall, it was your districts turn to host the region this season. What's up with that?

I guess they wanted to test our battletestedness. Lol. But really, I don't know anything about that. If its true and its a money factor, I believe. They most likely made more money in Jackson because no one in Memphis is going to come to a class A regional to see A ball, especially with a bunch of teams from out of town they never heard of. And especially when you can go see a class AA regional and two class AAA regionals all in the same city. Smart move from a money aspect

if a were BTW's coach( Horton ) id be very concerned as im sure he is..Humboldt will give the Warriors more than they want ..IMO the Vikings win ..Sheriff wants to blame the refs ,in this care '1' ..may i remind you 'your' refs as you reference them, do actually come from another region have helped BTW over the years at home = 2 short years ago BTW was given a substate game with Dyer County by again 'your' refs that allowed 2 of your best players (tallest and best scorers) to recieve 2 extra fouls each = 4 total late in the game which kept DC from a victory..in late 90's DC beat BTW in the Colosium by 20+ pts with Horton at the controls . He was enraged the Warriors non-existance 'd ' with DC'S 'o' RIPPING it apart,dunks,run-away lay-ups, 3's galore. ya'll had the stud who had 80+ one game and others ,BTW much taller ,fsater nope ,bb IQ never ..

well its gonna happen again come Saturday ..book it !! :popcorneater: more corn with your koolaid..

Lol. Here Humbolt....

I guess they wanted to test our battletestedness. Lol. But really, I don't know anything about that. If its true and its a money factor, I believe. They most likely made more money in Jackson because no one in Memphis is going to come to a class A regional to see A ball, especially with a bunch of teams from out of town they never heard of. And especially when you can go see a class AA regional and two class AAA regionals all in the same city. Smart move from a money aspect. also, the decision was made probably before they found out BTW was going class A

Im guessing there is a consensus that Memphis teams don't play fundamental basketball. I agree with that. We dont. It's a fact. With that being said, we wil do what any other memphis team does around this time, win. Book it. I'm hearing from some memphis coaches that have seen Humbolt that they press a lot, look like, and play just like Memphis teams. Well you don't say. Advantage BTW. Thats what we play in every night for years. Humbolt does not. Interested to see how they we do on the road in South Memphis. Starting to remind me of 2009 when Dyer County came to BTW for substate. Thats what yall said then. We all know what happened......

You actualy have some valid points Sheriff,and a good scouting report.Humboldt has traditionaly been a match or better for anyone,player for player.Numerous times in the last few years they've gone to the Glass House as the consesus favorites on the 'T because they were tall,fast,run and gun scoring machines who destroyed average teams by wide margins.In case you're smelling the proverbial mouse about now,I wont keep you in suspense any longer...zero gold balls.What happened?People are fond of saying that they "choked".I believe that they ran into teams that withstood their best shot and didn't "go away",then were more(hate to keep using this phrase)fundamentaly sound down the stretch.You'll get your wish in the sectional game,a track meet type scorefest!The yet unanswered question is Humboldts fundamentals,are they better than BTW'S? This is the one game that I'll hate to miss,it should be something to see!Win this one,get to the 'Boro,and chances are you wont be approached in talent,until Lake Co. or Perry Co.,if you meet.L.C. will be close in talent,and know how to play.Perry CO. is talented too(little less than Lake),but probably more sound than anybody there.Good luck to whomever advances,do the west proud!!!

Glad u said that. By the way, the 5 freshman thing is getting old. Its not true. Lol

It's not entirely true only because they rarely play all five at once but they regularly play two of them on court at same time. BTW should have been able to blow trinity out. If you can't handle adversity and dealing with the refs you dont deserve to be the top one A school

The one thing I'm noticing, it really dont matter what BTW do, the people who don't like them still won't like them. When they defeat a team by 149 you say they should have held the ball for sportsmanship. So when they hold the ball you say they should have kept playing. People TCA was a good team, Middleton was a good team, Lake County and Humbolt more than likely are good teams as well, so is BTW. The one thing BTW has that these other teams don't is the best player in Tennessee. Yes I said in Tennessee. You got a quick glimpse last night, when he has the jumper working he is unstoppable. Coach Horton slowed him down last night. Rather you like it or not, every year teams have to prepare for the little inner city school in the 4th poor zip code in the country. This is the forth year in a row BTW is hosting the sectionals. We will see y'all Monday and the game will determine who go to state!

The one thing I'm noticing, it really dont matter what BTW do, the people who don't like them still won't like them. When they defeat a team by 149 you say they should have held the ball for sportsmanship. So when they hold the ball you say they should have kept playing. People TCA was a good team, Middleton was a good team, Lake County and Humbolt more than likely are good teams as well, so is BTW. The one thing BTW has that these other teams don't is the best player in Tennessee. Yes I said in Tennessee. You got a quick glimpse last night, when he has the jumper working he is unstoppable. Coach Horton slowed him down last night. Rather you like it or not, every year teams have to prepare for the little inner city school in the 4th poor zip code in the country. This is the forth year in a row BTW is hosting the sectionals. We will see y'all Monday and the game will determine who go to state!

Don't expect Lake Co fans to feel sorry for you....We have the second poorest zipcode in the state and 11th poorest nationally. We also have a Mr. Basketball finalist. Alot in common with BTW and I can assure you Humboldt and Lake County are much more than "likely to be good teams"...If BTW tries to hold the ball against Humboldt Brooks will shoot them out of the gym....BTW is about to find out District 14A is for real again this year. They may still win at home but it wouldn't surprise me if Humboldt goes in and takes it from them. I lived in Memphis for four years and graduated from the UofM and am very familiar with BTW. I know they are good but it is about to get tougher than it has been for them all year. I still stand by comments made earlier in the season that whoever comes out of these substate games will probably be playing for the gold ball.....it could be any of the teams still playing in west tn.

Don't expect Lake Co fans to feel sorry for you....We have the second poorest zipcode in the state and 11th poorest nationally. We also have a Mr. Basketball finalist. Alot in common with BTW and I can assure you Humboldt and Lake County are much more than "likely to be good teams"...If BTW tries to hold the ball against Humboldt Brooks will shoot them out of the gym....BTW is about to find out District 14A is for real again this year. They may still win at home but it wouldn't surprise me if Humboldt goes in and takes it from them. I lived in Memphis for four years and graduated from the UofM and am very familiar with BTW. I know they are good but it is about to get tougher than it has been for them all year. I still stand by comments made earlier in the season that whoever comes out of these substate games will probably be playing for the gold ball.....it could be any of the teams still playing in west tn.

I said more than likely because I have not seen the, play this season. The only thing I can promise is BTW will show up and the game will be played. If a team is still playing now they must be doing something right. I really expect a good game Monday and lets let the kids determine who win. If humbolt is better and they beat BTW then I'll tip my hat to them. I think Humbolt should press and run and gun with the Warriors I hope the game is in the 90s. Let's get it

First off, Congratulations to BTW on a great road win last night. Any win at this time of the year is a good win. BTW is a VERY GOOD team and Im not sure why some of you cant accept that. They will now be hosting Humboldt and the game will be two very similar teams playing in that they win games on athleticism, not fundamentals. Congrats BTW on the win and being named Region Champions. The atmosphere was incredible with a close game and fans into the game.

Now, on to some other issues. Sheriff, I really want to like you because you are supporting your teams, but sometimes it is hard. It is almost as if you make it out that everyone is out to get BTW. You have a VERY GOOD team to watch and support but some of the claims you make... I would be really interested to know what deal you think was made, because I almost guarantee that is a made up rumor. Also, had the regions been played in Memphis, it would have the EXACT same referees. The Northwest association will do that game as Jackson and Memphis have teams playing. During regions, the refs must be from non-affiliated associations. Also, the crew that reffed the Championship game were three totally different guys than the crew from the TCA-Westwood semifinal... that same ref (well the one that called the charge in semifinal was not even there). You act as if every call was questionable against your BTW Warriors. Refs are human and they are going to make mistakes, actually they are going to make mistakes every game. I guess the "questionable" calls are any that go against your team... especially a charge call or over the back call. It seems as if these are not called in Memphis. When a player lowers his shoulder into the defender with legal guarding position, it is a charge or player control foul. Also, when a player jumps and crosses the plane of verticality(an imaginary plane that extends from the players body) of the opponent, it is a foul. I hate that the refs are even coming up ... BTW is too good of a team to have to use that as a crutch, and yes you are using as a crutch in case you lose. By the way, you will not have "YOUR"(or Memphis association) refs for anymore of the games. As far as the stall ball, I personally thought it was crazy. Now you won, but you allowed TCA to hang around and that almost came back to haunt you. Usually, teams hold the ball because they think they are inferior... now, the Jackson Sun has a quote from Coach Horton that it was done to keep the officials out of the game... as posted before, why would you hold it to keep it close and even give the officials a chance to screw it up if you believe they will. The stall tactic totally took your boys out of rhythm... because they came out firing. But hey a win is a win. The lady that got kicked out should have not been acting like a fool or the official would not have had her removed.

Again, congrats to BTW on a great win and being named Region Champions. Humboldt, you better be ready to play, they are a good team. Newby will be hard for anyone to guard... hes quick, big, and strong.

TCA... Good Luck!!! Lets find a way to upset Lake County and go to the 'Boro!!!!