Clay County vs. Cloudland

classof15

Class A Girls State Tournament  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the TSSAA Class A Girls State Championship?

• Summertown
    • Lake County
    • Cloudland
    • Clay County
    • Wartburg
    • Union City
    • Loretto
    • Jackson County
  2. 2. Who will win this game?

• Cloudland
    • Clay County

Cloudland has a 6'2 D1 prospect in Brooke Rhodes along with 5'11 sophmore Courtney Wilson and a 5'3 sharp shooting point guard Courtney Clark.A very well coached and diciplined team that will guard your eyes out for 4 quarters.They have 2 good seniors in Hughes and Miller as well who shoot the basketball very good from the outside. I could see them giving Clay County a fit inside with Wilson and Rhodes but even a bigger fit if the Clark kid is firing on all cylinders from the outside.

Cloudland has a 6'2 D1 prospect in Brooke Rhodes along with 5'11 sophmore Courtney Wilson and a 5'3 sharp shooting point guard Courtney Clark.A very well coached and diciplined team that will guard your eyes out for 4 quarters.They have 2 good seniors in Hughes and Miller as well who shoot the basketball very good from the outside. I could see them giving Clay County a fit inside with Wilson and Rhodes but even a bigger fit if the Clark kid is firing on all cylinders from the outside.

Clay County plays in the same district as Jackson County and Clarkrange, they will not be intimidated by Cloudland i can assure you of that. I'm not saying they will win but this will be a close game. We know a thing or two about defense here as well, so get ready for a war because i assure you Clay Co. will not back down and their fans will be there supporting them by the 100's! They are loud and proud and their teams feed off that energy. I can't wait for Thursday!! :popcorneater:

Edited by devilfanatic

I think the size will give them trouble but I haven't seen a single team that is a better three-point shooting team than Clay County.

All I can say is Clay County has a war on their hands come thursday at 2:30.Cloudland is about as battle tested as any team you will find in the state tournament outside of Jackson County.And dont worry the whole entire town of roan mountain will be there to support their beloved Highlanders.

That's good to know because Clay County I am sure will bring all their loyal supporters with them. Also, Clay County is very battled tested as well. They have played Jackson County four times and Clarkrange three times. Also, they played Macon County twice, who almost went to the AA state tournament, and nearly won both times. I am looking forward to a really good match up Thursday at 2:30.

Edited by classof15

Ladies and gentlemen, on March the 8th Cloudland will provide you the ultimate gayla spectacle with the Landers beating Clay co. in every phase of the game. Hard times have been put on the people of the Appalachian mountains in recent years, but the Lady Landers have been a shining star in our lives during these hard time blues baby. I can feel the hair stand up on the back of my neck thinking about what can be accomplished here in the next few days. I can feel the electricity every time I hear a bagpipe sound off, whooo!! Let the other negative things in life ride on another planet baby!! I'm reserving the stratosphere for me and you!! :shock:

That's good to know because Clay County I am sure will bring all their loyal supporters with them. Also, Clay County is very battled tested as well. They have played Jackson County four times and Clarkrange three times. Also, they played Macon County twice, who almost went to the AA state tournament, and nearly won both times. I am looking forward to a really good match up Thursday at 2:30.

I have heard alot about Rhodes and would like to see just how good she is!

If Clay brings their A game, it will be hard for Cloudland to handle them.Cooper can get it done in the lane, oh yeah and dont forget how she also can shoot from outside too. Hamilton she gets it done on defense, and Allie also knocks down the three and pulls several rebounds and then there is Roach can not say enough about this kid one of the best in the state in any classification, she can do it all. If Cloudland thinks Clay will be an easy win, you better think again.Good luck to these young ladies bring home the GOLD!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

If Clay brings their A game, it will be hard for Cloudland to handle them.Cooper can get it done in the lane, oh yeah and dont forget how she also can shoot from outside too. Hamilton she gets it done on defense, and Allie also knocks down the three and pulls several rebounds and then there is Roach can not say enough about this kid one of the best in the state in any classification, she can do it all. If Cloudland thinks Clay will be an easy win, you better think again.Good luck to these young ladies bring home the GOLD!!!!!!!

Don't think anybody from Cloudland is expecting an easy win. There are no easy wins from here on out. Clay supporters are the ones predicting a double digit win. As Lee Corso says "NOT SO FAST MY FRIENDS!" I expect a tough, competitive contest personally. But, I'm a Cloudland fan so I'm in the minority.

We've played Science Hill, Morristown West, and some good out of state teams. There is nothing that Clay can bring to the table that the Lady Landers haven't competitively faced before. All I can say, is be prepared for some talented girls from the mountains. And to the poster who wants to see how good Rhodes is; just buy a ticket and pull up a chair pal because the name "Rhodes" and "The American Dream" now apply to this young lady. Clay Co. may find themselves in a lot of foul trouble trying to defend this girl.