Goodpasture Basketball Opening

Rainwater

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard that Massey is not the one. Probably will be the old Sycamore coach. Could there be a transfer athlete from Sycamore going there in a package deal?????

E-mailed the old Sycamore coach- coach Worsley- he is not leaving his current job. He is at West Creek High(AAA) in Clarksville, Tennessee. So his name is out. Pitchfork, what Sycamore player would be leaving if that was a package deal? I would love to know who you are talking to because Coach Worsley assured me he is going nowhere.

E-mailed the old Sycamore coach- coach Worsley- he is not leaving his current job. He is at West Creek High(AAA) in Clarksville, Tennessee. So his name is out. Pitchfork, what Sycamore player would be leaving if that was a package deal? I would love to know who you are talking to because Coach Worsley assured me he is going nowhere.

Worsley is not the only former coach at Sycamore............

Worsley is not the only former coach at Sycamore............

I know that, Pete Froedden is a great coach but I am not sure that they can pay him what he is making now. I would think if he was gonna leave Lipscomb University that it would be for a bigger job with a bigger upside. just my opinion though

That's weird because I saw Coach Worsely at the grocery store a few days ago. He told me that he loved it at West Creek but Goodpasture just offered him so much money he could hardly justify turning it down. He did mention a possible transfer "package deal" as well...Karl "the white mamba" Olson. Maybe a name 9AA isnt familiar with but will be soon! Can't wait to see what happens!

Wow, pretty sure having a kid transfer schools when you jump ship is highly questionable. Im sure since this board is filled with tssaa staff they will be looking into it.

I was joking! I was just adding to some of the already ridiculous speculation on here, for my own amusement. I don't see Worsely, Froedden, or Massey taking this job because they are BASKETBALL guys and Goodpasture is a football school now. A good school... I'm not saying its a bad job. I just don't see an established coach taking the job. Just my thoughts...

Hearing that a really successful young coach interviewed and is interested. If he gets it, I think Cougar fans will be VERY pleased and could generate some buzz about the program. Was also told the decision will be made by early next week if not sooner. :popcorneater:

Your hearing is about two weeks behind. He interviewed before their spring break.

Edited by bigchief