Summertown v Clay County

Vandychris

I don't know. I think Summertown's lack of size will play into the Bulldog's hands. Only the really big teams have given them trouble (Jackson County, Clarkrange, and Macon County). CCHS could easily pull this one out, especially if Cooper has a big game. She played pretty bad today but Roach had a big game.

I think Stown is the better team and should pull this one out after watching them both today

Summertown impressed me today with their focus.Nothing outside the boundries of the playing floor mattered,they didn't rattle when down and the clock was getting short,and they never wavered when they had the lead at the end.I picked S'town to win the game with the Falcons today for just that reason,and they didn't dissappoint.Championship teams have to have the belief that if they never let up they'll face down any challenge,and S'town showed me the depth of that belief today.Clay County will be tough,but if they can hold the Roach kid to human numbers(she's amazing!) I think they win. Congrats' Lady Eagles on the win today,I think you sent the toughest team in the tourney home so keep your focus,and to borrow a quote from Al Davis..."Just win baby"!!!

Edited by tradertwo

Just looking at the stats, I think Clay Co. matches up very well. Summertown's guards turned the ball over and that is what Clay Co. lives on. Cooper can really eat up offensive rebounds and Summertown doesn't have any Hensley-size players to keep her at bay. Lastly, Flowers dominated that game when she was out there and I think that bodes well for Roach. If Clay Co. can get their turnovers down to around 10, I think they win this game handily.

I think Stown is the better team and should pull this one out after watching them both today

Surprise surprise surprise, you picking a Lawrence County team to win! What a shocker!!!!! Hey 1 win out of 3 games isn't all bad i guess??? Clay wins this game by 6. Summertown is decent, would be a solid 4th place team in District 7A :thumb:

Summertown impressed me today with their focus.Nothing outside the boundries of the playing floor mattered,they didn't rattle when down and the clock was getting short,and they never wavered when they had the lead at the end.I picked S'town to win the game with the Falcons today for just that reason,and they didn't dissappoint.Championship teams have to have the belief that if they never let up they'll face down any challenge,and S'town showed me the depth of that belief today.Clay County will be tough,but if they can hold the Roach kid to human numbers(she's amazing!) I think they win. Congrats' Lady Eagles on the win today,I think you sent the toughest team in the tourney home so keep your focus,and to borrow a quote from Al Davis..."Just win baby"!!!

The toughest team in the tournament is from District 7A as usual. Summertown didn't beat anyone LC lost the game at the free throw line. I wasn't overly impressed with either team in that game to be honest. Every year you guys bring in records like 34-2 33-4 to the state tournament and more often than not its one and done. Summertown is a decent team but they won't beat Jackson County and I personally don't think they beat Clay either. LC could not and would not beat Jackson County and after we get done tonight with the team that beat LC in the region championship we will await the winner. I say its an ALL 7A FINAL!

The toughest team in the tournament is from District 7A as usual. Summertown didn't beat anyone LC lost the game at the free throw line. I wasn't overly impressed with either team in that game to be honest. Every year you guys bring in records like 34-2 33-4 to the state tournament and more often than not its one and done. Summertown is a decent team but they won't beat Jackson County and I personally don't think they beat Clay either. LC could not and would not beat Jackson County and after we get done tonight with the team that beat LC in the region championship we will await the winner. I say its an ALL 7A FINAL!

My observation is Clay is really no better than Wayne County-they have one prolific scorer (Roach for CC, Risner for WC) and that is it...as for me, I didnt see anything from Clay Co that would make me think they were any better than WC, Lake Co, or Moore Co...plus you are discounting the drive and motivation they have in playing for a fallen teammate-evidently you didnt hear the windows rattling in the glass house when our fans started cheering Team G after the miracle comeback from 7 down with under a minute left

by the way, where did the gold ball go last year? Oh, thats right, you didnt get to stick around long enough to see it leave in the hands of one of those 33-4, 34-2 teams we always send up there from region 6a