BTW vs Lake County

theGURU

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't impressed by Lake counties competition. Btw's defensive game plan of standing and watching the game go by should have really opened things up for Lc. At least Wartburg got after it from start to finish even when they were getting there teeth kicked in.

This response makes you a genius. Now i'm impressed.

Congrats to LC. Both teams played hard and at the end of the day, coaching help put LC over the top. I stated earlier that if the game was close, LC would win because of coaching. Coach Horton gets out-coached again.

As much as I would like to put it on Horton, I can't this time. Up by 5 with under 10 seconds left and you foul on a jump shot the make it a three point game with 3.1 seconds. Then the best player in the state is fouled. You up by 3 with the ball shooting 2 with 3 seconds left. He miss both of them! And a miracle happens. It took a lot out of the boys on the floor. You could see it in Newby face how disappointed he was for not just making 1. Then we miss all three free throws in the OT to loose by 2. The coach can't make shots or get rebounds. If BTW shoots 60% from the lIne they win. I know there was some places in the game where all of us would have done something different but the fact of the matter is the kids on the floor have to execute and Lake County make free throws down the stretch. Congratulations to a good team pulling off a great win. lake County did what they needed to do to give themselves a chance to win the game.

As much as I would like to put it on Horton, I can't this time. Up by 5 with under 10 seconds left and you foul on a jump shot the make it a three point game with 3.1 seconds. Then the best player in the state is fouled. You up by 3 with the ball shooting 2 with 3 seconds left. He miss both of them! And a miracle happens. It took a lot out of the boys on the floor. You could see it in Newby face how disappointed he was for not just making 1. Then we miss all three free throws in the OT to loose by 2. The coach can't make shots or get rebounds. If BTW shoots 60% from the lIne they win. I know there was some places in the game where all of us would have done something different but the fact of the matter is the kids on the floor have to execute and Lake County make free throws down the stretch. Congratulations to a good team pulling off a great win. lake County did what they needed to do to give themselves a chance to win the game.

Everything you stated is true,but coaching goes deeper than in-game decisions.Both teams were in identical situations...Lake down five in regulation with less than a minute,and BTW in OT.Yes Swift hit a "miracle" shot,but LC never panicked when nobody would've given them a chance and BTW did when they're backs were against the wall.Swift probably hits that shot a couple of times out of fifty,but he maintained his focus and took his best reasonable shot...and it went in.The player hit the shot but the fundamental background put them in position to have a shot,and the lack of them is what failed BTW.

Everything you stated is true,but coaching goes deeper than in-game decisions.Both teams were in identical situations...Lake down five in regulation with less than a minute,and BTW in OT.Yes Swift hit a "miracle" shot,but LC never panicked when nobody would've given them a chance and BTW did when they're backs were against the wall.Swift probably hits that shot a couple of times out of fifty,but he maintained his focus and took his best reasonable shot...and it went in.The player hit the shot but the fundamental background put them in position to have a shot,and the lack of them is what failed BTW.

I think it was an evenly matched game but I doubt a fundamental background is the reason the prayer shot went in. Good season. State championship type game

I totally agree with you tradertwo. Coaching was the number 1 factor that decided that game. A good coach always tell their players not to foul when your up with seconds remaining on the clock. There were situations in that game that showed the lack of coaching that occurred the entire year.

Edited by Icy