Perry County vs Wartburg

theGURU

This will be the best first round game of the tournament. Wartburg has the best player in the state and several other players that will play college ball after high school. I think the Bulldogs win this game 77-70.

The best game will be Lake Co and BTW.I was thinking Newby was the best player but PC and Wartburg may be a good game but the most talented and athletic teams will be LC and BTW.PC could play their game and have a great chance to win.Think PC wins by about 8 points.

Wartburg does have a few lengthy guys and I would definitely say that Fountain is the shorter of the 3. With that being said I really don't think that Dyer or Hamby is 6'9". Either way they all need to eat some meat and taters. Like others have said Fountain does impress with his all around offensive game. He can play inside or out but he is deadly from about the charity stripe. His defense is above average as well. It will be a good game and both teams better bring it.

You had me at "meat and taters". Should be a good matchup. Look forward to seeing the Fountain kid play. Maybe Mr. Football can move him off his spots and make him hit some tough shots.

This will be the best first round game of the tournament. Wartburg has the best player in the state and several other players that will play college ball after high school. I think the Bulldogs win this game 77-70.

i don't see this game getting out of the 50's because PC's Opp.'s average 49ppg. (oh yeah and thats actually against good teams) and we average 62 ppg...Wartburg avg. 66 ppg (against terrible competition) and opponents avg. 55 ppg (and the teams who y'all play are TERRIBLE!! no offense) just stating the facts.

i don't see this game getting out of the 50's because PC's Opp.'s average 49ppg. (oh yeah and thats actually against good teams) and we average 62 ppg...Wartburg avg. 66 ppg (against terrible competition) and opponents avg. 55 ppg (and the teams who y'all play are TERRIBLE!! no offense) just stating the facts.

Where you getting these facts?

i'm not talking about the CoachT rankings i'm talking about the Associated Press...PC ranked #2-got 173 votes....Wartburg-Not Ranked they got 13VOTES...again just statin facts

--------------------------------------------------------------------

We all know polls rankings mean nutting..looking for a great game with PC on top

Gotta stink bein 6'8 or 6'9 and comin off the bench especially in single A

Both are Juniors, one of those hadn't played in a few years, but has made major improvements in each game.

Tall doesn't necessarily mean they have "game" just yet, but they aren't bad by no means, they will be a driving factor in next years team for certain.

(Wartburg loses 2 Seniors this year, one of the two doesn't play much, so watch out for next year, this year is just another building block toward a gold ball..or even possibly gold ball number 2!...I hope! lol)

To the posters who mention point averages and how bad Wartburg has ran the score up...well, it isn't because they couldn't, because there have been games they could have ran it up and Coach Layne wouldn't allow it.

What does a 133-33 score prove? only thing it proves in most cases is you like to show boat :s

One reason I think Layne likes keeping games close is, for times like these. There have been some close games in districts and regionals, and I suspect there will be at state. I think the kids have confidence in close games because of it, and I think it gives them an advantage when the game comes down to the wire.

I am also a realist, Wartburg is the underdog in this game...but I wouldn't count them out :)