Perry County vs Wartburg

theGURU

So Wartburg fans...what excuses are y'all going to say now??? whoever said W'burg wld win 77-70 is dumb...DON'T MESS WITH THE TRADITION AND PRIDE!!! LEGOOOOOOOO!!! VIKINGS!!! 1 MORE GAME AND WE IN THE 'SHIP!!!!

excuses = none but guess what im still a dawg fan im proud of what they did this year awesome game pc played they whipped us good PC has a great team i wish em luck the rest of the tournament GO DAWGS GO #2 i back our boys 100 percent even in a loss because thats what a true fan and dad should do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

excuses = none but guess what im still a dawg fan im proud of what they did this year awesome game pc played they whipped us good PC has a great team i wish em luck the rest of the tournament GO DAWGS GO #2 i back our boys 100 percent even in a loss because thats what a true fan and dad should do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im a Bulldog fan, a Hampton Bulldog fan that is! But I do like true fans like you :thumb: ...and even the GURU :roflolk:

Edited by uknoit2

SP70 was not even there if hes not bashing his own team hes bashing another, but on a side note fountain is a very questionable finalist for Mr bball, seem numerous kids that leave him behind

Yeah, I have to agree with you, based on yesterdays performance...but yesterdays performance was not a very good representation of his basketball skills and ability. He has played much better games, and usually hits those little jumpers. Still, he's a great kid and his home town loves him to death, very very proud of the young man :)

One thing for certain concerning Fountain, even on a bad day, he gives you every ounce hustle he has, I love that! lol

Wartburg is a very good team for our area. They beat people with their press and the fact that they are quicker and more athletic than the A teams in East Tn. You take that to the glass house and you had better have the best talent to win down there. The teams on that level press but they also run great half court stuff and can play half court defense. I think this loss will make wartburg more hungry next year. For their boys to get handled like that says something for West TN.

Hopefully 2 teams from 4A can make it next year and have a more entertaining outcome!

• Upvote 1

Wartburg is a very good team for our area. They beat people with their press and the fact that they are quicker and more athletic than the A teams in East Tn. You take that to the glass house and you had better have the best talent to win down there. The teams on that level press but they also run great half court stuff and can play half court defense. I think this loss will make wartburg more hungry next year. For their boys to get handled like that says something for West TN.

Hopefully 2 teams from 4A can make it next year and have a more entertaining outcome!

Please don't get PC mixed up with West TN. We don't play that Non Fundamental Street Ball in PC.

Wartburg played a soft schedule, hence their gawdy record. They didn't really challange themselves in the regular season. You have to test yourself with stiff competition if you expext to beat stiff competition.. If they played a schedule like say Cloudland's for instance, they would have had a lot more than 4 losses. And I bet they wouldn't have gotten beat by Perry County by 30 plus either.

Just my .02 worth.

I'm not a big fan of the dogs. but really where do you go for competition? they play anyone that will play within reason but I don't see many 4A teams going up to upper east tn to play. I don't see the investment in time. Also if you look at the schedule they played oneida 4 times and they were a sub-state team, beat hampton 2 times and they were a sub-state team, rockwood 2 times and they are top 20. But to be honest there isn't great talent in east tn A ball. That leaves little option for teams like wartburg. I know when Coalfield is good in football they don't have any AA teams that want to play and I can't imagine any east tn AA or AAA team scheduling an A team that might beat them. Wartburg's schedule is as good as it will get for the next few years.

Also, you have to take into account the nuts they have up there for fans and they would ride any coach in the ground that didn't consistently win 20 games. After all basketball is all they have :)

I'm not a big fan of the dogs. but really where do you go for competition? they play anyone that will play within reason but I don't see many 4A teams going up to upper east tn to play. I don't see the investment in time. Also if you look at the schedule they played oneida 4 times and they were a sub-state team, beat hampton 2 times and they were a sub-state team, rockwood 2 times and they are top 20. But to be honest there isn't great talent in east tn A ball. That leaves little option for teams like wartburg. I know when Coalfield is good in football they don't have any AA teams that want to play and I can't imagine any east tn AA or AAA team scheduling an A team that might beat them. Wartburg's schedule is as good as it will get for the next few years.

Also, you have to take into account the nuts they have up there for fans and they would ride any coach in the ground that didn't consistently win 20 games. After all basketball is all they have :)

u are leaving out the most important things for kids we do have better academics than coalfield just saying !!!! few kids i know struggled at wartburg transferred to coalfield and say it is a breeze so there ya go academics is what matters most!!!