Cloudland and District 1-A

THE KING

Next season is going to be interesting indeed. Cloudland returns their offensive nucleus in Rhodes, Wilson, and Clarke. However, replacing seniors Miller, Hughes, and Chambers will be hard shoes to fill. It will be a big challenge for Johnson, McKinney and the other young varsity players to elevate their game to this year's level. Unaka returns their speedy front court and NG will have their best player back. Hampton returns high scoring D. Dugger so I think it will be even tougher for Cloudland to get back here next year. There will have to be a lot of hours spent in the gym and alot of time spent on making ones self a step quicker and a little stronger. I hope the girls will respond by working hard this off season.

Next year will be interesting for sure. Unlike this past season when Hampton & North Greene were DOWN from what they have been, there will be 4 quality teams next season. Cloudland of course returns a lot but also loses a lot. They have scoring coming back but will lose defense, ballhandling & senior leadership from Hughes, Miller and Chambers, along with Baker on the inside. North Greene will get McNeese back along with Laiken but they lose 3 starters in Vaughn, Taylor and B. Morrow I'm not sure of their depth and how they will be able to replace them. Hampton loses P. Dugger and Trusler, both of which will be missed, but Bowers can slide into the point guard position. The big question with Hampton is at post. They didnt get anything from that position this past season and that was their downfall in the end. No matter how good a teams guards are you have to atleast have a threat to score inside, which they did not. Unaka returns pretty much everyone. They are very quick and difficult to defend when they are making shots from the outside. Need to learn how to play with a lead better if they are going to be successful. All in all it will pobably be the most balanced I have seen the conference in many years. There is going to be a good team playing in the "pig tail" game come District Tournament time. Best of luck to all and as THE KING said..."get in the gym and work hard in preparation for next season."

It doesnt matter if they make it or not. East Tennessee ball is by far a lot weaker than anywhere else in Class A

I am betting that statement will be proven untrue. As others have said, North Greene brought home a silver ball last year and Cloudland had a third quarter lead on gold ball winner Clay County this year. The gap is not that wide.

You just have to ignore this poster or troll if you would have it. The middle and the west respect district 1. I look for alot of exciting action next season. Im excited to see how the jv who went 27-3 fill their new roles on the varsity. We're losing some awesome seniors, but we will once again be a deep and talented team next year. Cloudland will still be the favorite.

I've thought about it a few days now and it seems to me the players who love the game the most are the ones who rise to the top. The question is how much do you love the game? A lot of players become side tracked with things that they would have plenty of time to worry about from 18-35. Now should be the time to build character. Have pride in yourself and pride in your community. Set a goal and work your hardest to acheive it. I don't think anyone ever won a championship without having to pay the ultimate price. So, you have to ask yourself how bad do I really want to win the state title? Trust me, someone across the state of Tennessee is already drawing up a game plan to get to the gold ball in 2013. In some gym some where, a young lady is perfecting her jump shot or ball handling skills. There may be a post player running suicides trying to get faster. How much do you love the game lady landers? I want to see you win it all and I know you have the tools to do it. Get it together in your mind and your heart! :thumb: